Game Day Round 23, 2024: West Coast vs Carlton

Is Andrew Gaff the super-sub we didn't know we needed?

• Yep, 4 more years please.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No, Jack Watts

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No, Jack Williams

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be interesting to see how we go in a proper wet weather slog. You'd write us off on a day like that for the last few years, but a new coach and Harley's delightful lust for violence seem to be hardening us up lately. I'm looking forward to his inevitable off-the-ball mud wrestle with Cripps already, it should be fun!

In our time under Simmo I'd confidently say we were the worst wet weather team. I'm hoping Schofield just flat out tells the boys to simply play for territory tomorrow. It's not rocket surgery - knock it on, soccer it, don't try to pin point pass (which we can't do anyway due to our skills being shite anyway), play front and square.

Really worried about the ruck tomorrow...going to be wet underfoot lots of stoppages

Pet V bailey ....not confident
Hope Schofield gave the soft **** a rocket up his ass after allowing his man to get 33 possessions and 10 clearances... as a ruckman.

In our time under Simmo I'd confidently say we were the worst wet weather team. I'm hoping Schofield just flat out tells the boys to simply play for territory tomorrow. It's not rocket surgery - knock it on, soccer it, don't try to pin point pass (which we can't do anyway due to our skills being shite anyway), play front and square.
Bender confirmed as Jako 😆

I get where you're coming from though. You're right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wont win. Their mids are clean healthy as a hell. It's a top 8 mid group
Boo to this negativity.

Reid and Yeo will fire up for Gaff's last game. Kelly and Duggan to provide capable back up.

We should outpoint them everywhere else on the ground with their outs.

The main concern I have is with the state of the surface itself. Might suit their smaller line up.

We might lose, but why dislike a confident post? It's a nice change for us to be optimistic about a result for once.

Boo to this negativity.

Reid and Yeo will fire up for Gaff's last game. Kelly and Duggan to provide capable back up.

We should outpoint them everywhere else on the ground with their outs.

The main concern I have is with the state of the surface itself. Might suit their smaller line up.

We might lose, but why dislike a confident post? It's a nice change for us to be optimistic about a result for once.

Didn't think about this - I'm assuming Gaff's final game has been a major focus around the club and I hope Schofield puts an emphasis on being physical and doing it for Gaff.

I'm all for positivity.

But when we are favourites on betting market and talked up by Vic media then it's a conspiracy.
This makes no sense at all.
So we should be like Carlton fans who hate their team even when they are doing well?
Or only be negative towards our team when vics are talking up our chances?

Yeah no, that sounds like the worse way to live. You can be like that if you want.
I'd rather go in to games thinking we will beat our opposition regardless of our odds thank you.

This makes no sense at all.
So we should be like Carlton fans who hate their team even when they are doing well?
Or only be negative towards our team when vics are talking up our chances?

Yeah no, that sounds like the worse way to live. You can be like that if you want.
I'd rather go in to games thinking we will beat our opposition regardless of our odds thank you.

He's gonna give you a disagree react now - the ultimate diss.

Gaff in for Maric in the wet is an ok swap .. Maric should be training as a defender for next season anyway

Not sure that we needed Edwards in the team this week as blues don't really have any tall forwards... But Hall is an extra inside mid overkill atm... So all good with the change

Btw wouldn't be surprised if either Cripps or Reid misses last minute

With wet weather we need to put our bodies on the line.
At least we know Witherden will do that.Others may become a bit timid if they hit us hard which they will.
Yo will need to guard Cripps and just as they will go hard at HR; we will need to go hard at Walsh.We will need a big game from TK.
No need for two or three players flying for marks.Stay on the ground OA.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back