Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss is an almost player, gets to the right place often enough, gives 100% all the time but .... drops marks, goes to water with his kicking too.

That work he did on the boundary line in the forward pocket to fend off the Geelong player and then centre the ball was superb stuff.

Treacy was having similar problems holding his marks last season and has turned it around to become a very good mark so there is hope for Voss to do the same.

There is a player in there if he gets his marking sorted out.
It was only earlier this year in the Carlton game where Treacy dropped like all of his marks and it ended up costing us. Voss can turn it around. Still young.

Any chance you lot can actually call out some players that aren't easy targets? Tabs and Voss were crap, obviously, but we knew that going in.

Amiss was trash, but nobody wants to mention that
Jackson can't possibly be spoken about negatively on here
Ryan was crap again
Cox was poor
Sharp was quantity over quality again
Switta made poor decisions all day
Sturt had two kicks after quarter time
Fyfe had 0 tackles
Midfield got beaten again, this time by a 34 year old Dangerfield when it mattered

Saying Voss and Tabs need to be dropped is stating the obvious, but pretending our better players are above criticism is weak. How about we actually discuss the best 22 players performance, not the guys who played because of injury?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do we need to go through and analyse the game of every single player who played?? Will that make you happy?

Any chance you lot can actually call out some players that aren't easy targets? Tabs and Voss were crap, obviously, but we knew that going in.

Ryan was crap again
Cox was poor
Fyfe had 0 tackles
Midfield got beaten again, this time by a 34 year old Dangerfield when it mattered

Saying Voss and Tabs need to be dropped is stating the obvious, but pretending our better players are above criticism is weak. How about we actually discuss the best 22 players performance, not the guys who played because of injury?

That's why I don't want a good pick being wasted on Baker and the likes Our midfield lacks pace and burst. We lack quality goal kicking forwards. Our backline, who friggin knows. Fix that stuff up first before giving up picks for the Bakers of the world

Ryan was crap again
Cox was poor
Fyfe had 0 tackles

This is a changes thread. The clue was the word "changes" in the title. Unless you're expecting Kuek to replace Amiss, Reidy to replace Jackson, Hughes to replace Ryan, Davies to replace Cox...you get the drill. Those underperformances aren't worth mentioning in a changes thread when they, on average, give way more than any of their potential replacements.

Ryan was crap again
Cox was poor
Fyfe had 0 tackles

This is missing the mark on a few. A lot of those players get a tonne of time put into stopping their strengths. Voss was his own worst enemy, while Taberner was so bad Geelong deliberately didn't man him up to double up on our other forwards. One diabolical player does make it that much more difficult for the rest.

Reidy for Taberner
Treacy (if he's fit) for Voss
Brodie for Worner
Erasmus for Banfield

Those would be some inspiring changes, but they won't do that. We'll probably have something like Emmett coming back in.

How many changes should we make after an 11pt loss at home. We won 2 out of the 4 quarters against Geelong and made 5 changes after losing to the Bombers by 1 pt - although 3 were forced via suspension and injury.

OUT: Taberner, Banfield, Worner
IN: Too soon to call.

The first options to come in will be dependent on injury, and even with best case scenario it would be taking a risk to bring back all three of Treacy, Darcy and Walters for the GWS game.

Then there's Aish, Emmett and Erasmus who played against Essendon.

From Peel but not in recent selection: Simpson, O'Driscoll, Brodie, Reidy, Davies and Hughes.

The comments from JL in the post match was they thought Jackson was the best match up for Geelong's ruck, so the reason why Reidy wasn't chosen. Interesting thing with GWS is that Keefe was their No 1 ruck today, Briggs having been rested because of a shoulder injury. My feeling is that either of Keefe or Briggs are too physically big for Jackson to be the main ruck against and also if Treacy does play, he can't be risked as a 2nd ruck, so we have to play Reidy if Darcy doesn't come up.

Last edited:
This is a changes thread. The clue was the word "changes" in the title. Unless you're expecting Kuek to replace Amiss, Reidy to replace Jackson, Hughes to replace Ryan, Davies to replace Cox...you get the drill. Those underperformances aren't worth mentioning in a changes thread when they, on average, give way more than any of their potential replacements.
I don't expect Reidy to replace Jackson, but I'd personally be thrilled if that happened.

How many changes should we make after an 11pt loss at home. We won 2 out of the 4 quarters against Geelong and made 5 changes after losing to the Bombers by 1 pt - although 3 were forced via suspension and injury.
We need to be rewarding good form and keep players on their toes. As many changes as necessary.

Out: Worner, Tabs, Banfield

Ins from: O'Driscoll, Reidy, Brodie, Walters

Don't kid yourselves either. Treacy and Darcy will not be playing next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last thing we need is less experience and you're taking the absolute **** if you think Brodie would do a better job at whatever role Banners has.

I get it, everyone is clutching at straws trying to rationalise it. Bottom line is we're not good enough.
The selection of Tabs as emergency for Darcy is bewildering. I mean I understand that they don’t want Reidy missing a second game but Darcy out and Taberner in. Terrible. Tabs at WAFL is slow, has zero agility and can barely bend forward so unable to pick up the ground ball.

The game has gone past him and his body is shot.

Perfect opportunity to play Reidy.

The perfect sub for today’s game would have been NOD. Worner for me is delist material. I realise he has a rookie renewal contract. NOD has been in better form than Worner and could have been the spark we needed.

1. The selections of Tabs and Worner this week.

2. The move of Erasmus to sub last week instead of Emmett.

Both very strange and terrible decisions they impacted the close losses in my opinion.

Was impressed with Worner in his first game this year, but he's done nothing in any others he's played. Happy to move him on.
Underwhelming at Peel in my opinion. Quite strange that he was selected. Honestly I think it was a L4L replacement for Aish. But Aish has ability to decently play Wing and can play at a pinch in the middle. Worner is HBF and that is it. Terrible choice as sub.

Why not choose NOD as sub - could be handy leading into finals and bring him into the game late in the third round quarter.

The questions need to be asked about Darcy durability. His knee/knees are constantly an issue and we signed him long term. It looks like it’s going to be a constant problem and another thing the club needs to ask. Was signing him long term the right call if he constantly having knee issues

The questions need to be asked about Darcy durability. His knee/knees are constantly an issue and we signed him long term. It looks like it’s going to be a constant problem and another thing the club needs to ask. Was signing him long term the right call if he constantly having knee issues
They knew about his knee issues before signing him. You'd have to think they went through all of that before making the decision...you'd think.

I would've thought Banfield was a good chance to not get suspended? Dog act but negligible contact. Bailey Williams on Treacy in the derby was a worse example where the same outcome occurred. Should have his spot at some risk nonetheless.

Realistic changes (with options if the club is once again lying about injuries):
  • Treacy for Voss (keep Voss in if Treacy not available)
  • Darcy for Tabs (alternatively, Reidy for Tabs)
  • Walters for Worner (alternatively, NOD or Brodie in - Brodie doesn't work as a starter, but as a sub inside it can be potent)
  • If Banfield or Brayshaw suspended (the latter being a farce), NOD or Raz the most likely options, but might be Brodie if it's Brayshaw suspended.
Maybe we move Banfield down to sub if Walters is back in. I'd like to think Raz or NOD are a chance without suspension/injury, and you can reshuffle by either dropping "dependable servants" like Jaeger or Banfield (most other underperformers have unique enough attributes that you're better off backing them in) or someone like Wagner (for the numbers he racks up ball movement wise, it don't lead to score chains enough). But realistically I don't see it happening.

Brodie you'd imagine is an even worse chance at claiming a starting role than Raz is, and Raz ain't a good chance to begin with. Does 1 thing well really, and it's something the club has been league-best at basically all season, and does almost everything else poorly. Don't mind it as a spark-plug sub especially over a small defender, but too much redundancy with the current team attributes wise.

Underwhelming at Peel in my opinion. Quite strange that he was selected. Honestly I think it was a L4L replacement for Aish. But Aish has ability to decently play Wing and can play at a pinch in the middle. Worner is HBF and that is it. Terrible choice as sub.

Why not choose NOD as sub - could be handy leading into finals and bring him into the game late in the third round quarter.
Definitely NOD as sub. He can play back, wing and has been playing mostly inside mid in the last few weeks for Peel. Has speed, is dynamic, breaks lines, tackles and chases, kicks long and kicks goals. He would certainly help Young out in the middle, who appears to be doing a lot of the grunt work and may be tiring in the last. Certainly had no impact in the last quarter last week.

I will be incredibly disappointed if NOD doesn't get a look in. More so than Brodie being snubbed all season, because for the most part our midfield was humming. Meanwhile our wing stocks are dire and NOD's form has been superb.

Our midfield was humming but being over-run in crucial games against the better sides and weaker ones at times. Brodie would have helped. NOD couldn't play because he was in pain and couldn't run to the level required. He looks a lot freer now.

Jlo has to answer for this..
#consitenly lose the first 15 mins of the first quarter and he has no idea on how to change that
#now lost 5 games after leading at 3 quarter time, next worst is 2, again he has no idea how to change that
time for him to harden up or hand over to say Jamie Graham
How?
What is he supposed to do ?
4 goal lead. Where’s the leaders?

Actually stoked he managed to turn it around from that start and got ahead. That’s a great coach.

The midfield is the blame here for fourth quarter. Clearance after clearance. Just so easy for oppositions to go on a run

I will be incredibly disappointed if NOD doesn't get a look in. More so than Brodie being snubbed all season, because for the most part our midfield was humming. Meanwhile our wing stocks are dire and NOD's form has been superb.
Ideally I’d blood Stanley and NOD. Get rid of this JOM Banfield experiment

How?
What is he supposed to do ?
4 goal lead. Where’s the leaders?

Actually stoked he managed to turn it around from that start and got ahead. That’s a great coach.

The midfield is the blame here for fourth quarter. Clearance after clearance. Just so easy for oppositions to go on a run
Maybe they are buggered mate. Maybe bringing on a quality mid to give the midfield a lift would have helped. Fyfe doesn't spend much time in there. Johnson hasn't been playing full games. Serong has been tagged so has had to spend more time than usual forward. Young has rested forward a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back