Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss is an almost player, gets to the right place often enough, gives 100% all the time but .... drops marks, goes to water with his kicking too.

That work he did on the boundary line in the forward pocket to fend off the Geelong player and then centre the ball was superb stuff.

Treacy was having similar problems holding his marks last season and has turned it around to become a very good mark so there is hope for Voss to do the same.

There is a player in there if he gets his marking sorted out.
This is literally Treacy summation 2022 and 2023.
Voss has the tools. Back him in. Coming in for one week then out for Darcy. Hardly does wonders for his form and confidence.
Would love for the club to sign him for 2-3 years. He’s the same age as Amiss. Be stupid not to

Maybe they are buggered mate. Maybe bringing on a quality mid to give the midfield a lift would have helped. Fyfe doesn't spend much time in there. Johnson hasn't been playing full games. Serong has been tagged so has had to spend more time than usual forward. Young has rested forward a lot.
True.
Plenty of options. Throw Banfield there, Geelong threw Stanley in there a few times.

Voss has the tools. Back him in. Coming in for one week then out for Darcy. Hardly does wonders for his form and confidence.
Would love for the club to sign him for 2-3 years. He’s the same age as Amiss. Be stupid not to
I agree with this. How many young blokes come in straight away and start clunking them and kicking bags? It takes a long time to put it all together. Hes shown a bit so no reason to disregard him now.

Could. But why Banfield when you have access to , Brodie, NOD and Erasmus.

100% with you.

I hate to say it but

Out: The barely re-animated and decaying corpse of what once was Nathan Fyfe.

Yet again I am posting in one of these threads calling for

In: Brodie.

Or at the very least Games: into Erasmus.

Banners and O'Meara have lulled us with a good month or two of games. These players are not automatic best 22 players. They are fringe and if the don't perform they should be having a spell. "Roles" are all bullshit to a degree. X player can't play X role. Well I tell you what, these guys aren't ****ing playing it very well are they?

If we are not winning, and there is a pattern to how we are losing (there is), then you have to try to change that.

Could. But why Banfield when you have access to , Brodie, NOD and Erasmus.

Two of the three you named can only play at the stoppage and O'Driscoll can do that while also running the wing and half forward - but Banfield is the one who gets thrown into defense when a tall goes down for a reason.

Two of the three you named can only play at the stoppage and O'Driscoll can do that while also running the wing and half forward - but Banfield is the one who gets thrown into defense when a tall goes down for a reason.

How many times had Banfield gone into defence because a tall has gone down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm talking about having a quality midfielder coming on to help a tiring midfield. Why would you choose Banfield to do that ( who I don't think is too bad in the role) when you could have a top line midfielder come on. You would be more inclined to rest a Serong, Brayshaw or Young if you were replacing them with a Brodie, NOD or Erasmus. It is only a small ( subjective) drop in quality, not a large one. If they think Banas is good enough to hold his place as a forward/wing) break glass defender, that is a different thing altogether.

I would've thought Banfield was a good chance to not get suspended? Dog act but negligible contact. Bailey Williams on Treacy in the derby was a worse example where the same outcome occurred. Should have his spot at some risk nonetheless.

Realistic changes (with options if the club is once again lying about injuries):
  • Treacy for Voss (keep Voss in if Treacy not available)
  • Darcy for Tabs (alternatively, Reidy for Tabs)
  • Walters for Worner (alternatively, NOD or Brodie in - Brodie doesn't work as a starter, but as a sub inside it can be potent)
  • If Banfield or Brayshaw suspended (the latter being a farce), NOD or Raz the most likely options, but might be Brodie if it's Brayshaw suspended.
Maybe we move Banfield down to sub if Walters is back in. I'd like to think Raz or NOD are a chance without suspension/injury, and you can reshuffle by either dropping "dependable servants" like Jaeger or Banfield (most other underperformers have unique enough attributes that you're better off backing them in) or someone like Wagner (for the numbers he racks up ball movement wise, it don't lead to score chains enough). But realistically I don't see it happening.

Brodie you'd imagine is an even worse chance at claiming a starting role than Raz is, and Raz ain't a good chance to begin with. Does 1 thing well really, and it's something the club has been league-best at basically all season, and does almost everything else poorly. Don't mind it as a spark-plug sub especially over a small defender, but too much redundancy with the current team attributes wise.
Not a fan of what Bailey did but was it any worse than miller (Richmond) putting his weight into amiss' throat? Don't think he even got sighted for that.

Not a fan of what Bailey did but was it any worse than miller (Richmond) putting his weight into amiss' throat? Don't think he even got sighted for that.
Amiss was pulling Miller down onto him after Miller got up the picture looks a lot worse than it actually was. Much more comparable was Bailey Williams in the Derby.

And speaking of the Derby. How ****ing great is it that West Coast get two come from behind wins in the last quarter in their two consecutive weeks since then and we give up the lead in the fourth and lose in the same two weeks. It’s been a ****ing awful couple weeks of results.

Brodie with 44 touches if he isn’t in wtf
Oh here we go, the will brodie fan club up and about. He had 36 handballs ffs. How would that help our midfield? And don't tell me he deserves a go over fyfe, in that role he does nothing better then fyfe. Both liabilities on defence at times, but atleast fyfe has showed he can play a defensive 1v1 role when needed, fyfe is cleaner through stoppage, a much stronger body and is a much better leader. Brodie will have to wait his turn, if he ever gets one that is. It's unfortunate but that's just how it is. He's not even peels best midfielder..

Oh here we go, the will brodie fan club up and about. He had 36 handballs ffs. How would that help our midfield? And don't tell me he deserves a go over fyfe, in that role he does nothing better then fyfe. Both liabilities on defence at times, but atleast fyfe has showed he can play a defensive 1v1 role when needed, fyfe is cleaner through stoppage, a much stronger body and is a much better leader. Brodie will have to wait his turn, if he ever gets one that is. It's unfortunate but that's just how it is. He's not even peels best midfielder..
JL complains about tackles, Fyfe doesn’t get tackles and if he does he gets flung off because of his bung shoulder, Fyfe and sad to say it should be dropped to sub and come on firing in the last qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JL complains about tackles, Fyfe doesn’t get tackles and if he does he gets flung off because of his bung shoulder, Fyfe and sad to say it should be dropped to sub and come on firing in the last
We should be getting game changing moments from Fyfe like Dangerfield delivered for Geelong.. but he is well past that now

lol since when was this about fyfe ?Brodie could have been sub for worner. He could have played in Johnson’s spot who did nothing.Brodie would of been better than a lot of guys out there today

Brandon walker brandon walker brandon walker said it before said it again he is a liability who gives up goals for fun everyweek

lol right o.

Try watching the games next time…

Freo need to win one more game don't care rest darcy Tracey next week and
lol right o.

Try watching the games next time…
baffles me how nobody can see everytime he makes a mistake and its about 5 every game at least 2 result in direct goals and the worst is when he starts blaming everyone else when he stuffs up lmao

Treacy was always a fantastic kick though, both field and set shot (his routine is almost perfect).

Voss' kicking is arse

Brodie not getting a game is the biggest indictment of this year.
What a farken waste
It’s pretty obvious that the MC has played it safe and gone with experience
over developing the team. The problem with just aiming for finals rather than
creating a team that could actually be dangerous in finals.
Sure it might save Jlo short term but it’s to the detriment of long term success.
The best inspired move this year was when Simpson was played as the sub.
Players weren’t rested or dropped on form, players too good for wafl are ignored.
Everyone can see who is on borrowed time, players that are injury prone and
yet no thinking for next year and beyond?
You can see future stars, they just don’t play or are picked to play for Freo.
We have arguably the best ruck, ruck/forward talent not playing AFL.
A guy who could win the Sandover medal but will lose votes due to the second best
player being his teammate.
Zero accountability, inspiration and ruthlessness. you can see why fans that have followed this team forever are jaded.
But it’s not just on the field that needs fresh blood, this coaching group is like shopping for white goods.

It’s pretty obvious that the MC has played it safe and gone with experience
over developing the team. The problem with just aiming for finals rather than
creating a team that could actually be dangerous in finals.
Sure it might save Jlo short term but it’s to the detriment of long term success.
The best inspired move this year was when Simpson was played as the sub.
Players weren’t rested or dropped on form, players too good for wafl are ignored.
Everyone can see who is on borrowed time, players that are injury prone and
yet no thinking for next year and beyond?
You can see future stars, they just don’t play or are picked to play for Freo.
We have arguably the best ruck, ruck/forward talent not playing AFL.
A guy who could win the Sandover medal but will lose votes due to the second best
player being his teammate.
Zero accountability, inspiration and ruthlessness. you can see why fans that have followed this team forever are jaded.
But it’s not just on the field that needs fresh blood, this coaching group is like shopping for white goods.
We've been playing one of the youngest teams all year.

OK!

Disappointing against the Cats but a handful of players were not even close to the standard required. The last two weeks have been hard to swallow but we're still an extremely promising side that is still working out our depth, maturity and game management.

Banfield's entire effort, including the forearm was embarrassing.
Voss can't be coming into the side and serving that up.
Taberner, we know what we're getting at this stage of his career.
Worner as a final quarter sub did way more damage than I think anyone could have expected.

Darcy and Treacy significantly change the structure of the side and as a perennial pessimist, I strangely feel quite confident that we'll beat GWS next week.

There will be significant improvement in team selection (barring a shock if Brayshaw is suspended), team attitude both in recent performances of professionalism in game as well as the disgusting effort last season at Engie vs GWS. Also, in my opinion from having watched GWS the last few weeks, they're not in the top bracket of teams, aside from their forward line that we should be quite adept to restricting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back