Preview Round 23 - Essendon vs Sydney - Friday 16 August - 7:40 PM - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty simple. Scott is who he always has been at Norf despite all the platitudes about long term plans we were sold when he started.

That being he is overly biased towards older/more experienced players regardless of form or output and too distrusting of younger players and how they can contribute to his team when there are senior options available.

For as long as we are a mathematical chance to make the eight, he won't be taking a risk in playing inexperience.

Last edited:

Scott just doesn't drop anyone!! It's so ****ing annoying and I totally feel all the frustration here. So stubborn. Only hope is list management delists all the list cloggers.
yeah it's something that's been made clear, unfortunately

It's pretty simple. Scott is who he always has been at Norf despite all the platitudes about long term plans we were sold when he started.

That being he is overly biased towards older/more experienced players regardless of form or output and either too unimaginative or too distrusting of younger players and how they can contribute to his team.

For as long as we are a mathematical chance to make the eight, he won't be taking a risk in playing inexperience.

For a team that needs to develop and get better it's a flaw that is going to be fatal to any hope of real success.

For an unbalanced list of average players with no real standards? It's going to top out at a finals win, so I guess yay we reset the counter.

I think we can probably count on us doing our full gut the list rebuild in 2028, which is just so great timing wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay. So I would have played Hayes. Not because it will make any difference to him long term but it would have been good to see him rewarded for some consistent form.
Based on VFL form Weideman has been very good. Probably the best of the two KPD and has played on the number 1 forwards. We are probably more chance of winning with him playing in defense right now. I think Weideman could have something to offer someone as a defender.
Saying this I still would have played Hayes.

I understand what the rhetoric will be around Weideman, especially considering the need to bring in more young talent. However a family member has been to the last 10 or so VFL games and swears he has been dependable down back. Really solid

Brayden Hams was also a 30 disposal inside midfielder in the VFL. Weiderman has been OK, but we already know about his AFL form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back