Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad you were there Jen
Must’ve been sweet

It really was! I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread. So moving it to the game day!
Was a really entertaining game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and you witnessed the Essendon fans melt away in the saltiest of saltiest Siberian tears.
U loved it.

Essendon is no stranger to losing after the siren! How sweet it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking the only player to come out might be Sexton, possibly for Touk if he is fit. You probably just keep playing Walter and Rogers at this point.

Maybe Swallow gets omitted for a different sub. Or maybe Humphrey (good 9 disposal game!) to be managed a bit at the end of season.

Dimma’s words on Luko were interesting too. We’ll see where that leads and whether a week off is all he will be given.

Hopefully no suspensions from some of our tussles. Maybe Mac, depending on how serious his “jumper punches” were etc. but I’ve seen players punch a player in the face this year and get off, so who knows.

Bookies currently have us as $1.51 favourites to win this one. Probably fair given our strong home form and the fact that Melbourne's season just ended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookies currently have us as $1.51 favourites to win this one. Probably fair given our strong home form and the fact that Melbourne's season just ended.
Going off the last win I’m scared of a Titans like shocker like they had last Friday after the joy and goodwill of the Drongoes the week before.

However I’d like to think Melbourne will be very flat too like you pointed out and our lads are motivated by it being the last home game.

If bulldogs lose, we're still alive for finals. So unlikely but it is fun to think it
We are 2 games behind the top 8
With 2 games to go
even if we win both games and 7th and 8th lose both there’s
Our percentage isn’t good enough.

Mathematically we have a 0.01 % of making finals

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

What's our home attendance record against Melbourne? They should consider doing bring a friend again to continue the trend of crowd records

nvm they already are

Last edited:
Although he's had a down year by his standards Touk makes our team better, as does Benny Ainsworth
We can't ever hope to have 100% of our best 22 on the ground but I think we've had as good a run with injuries this year as we've ever had
We need to beat Melbourne and then take home the inaugural Lynch Prestia Martin Hardwick Ellis Cup the week after

Does Lukosius come back in this week or have another "circuit breaker" week off?
If he does come in does Swallow have a week off?
I would still play Jed to get games into him in preparation for next year but he would realistically be the one to miss out

Does Lukosius come back in this week or have another "circuit breaker" week off?
If he does come in does Swallow have a week off?
I would still play Jed to get games into him in preparation for next year but he would realistically be the one to miss out
Let him experience the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back