Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you have posted that if we lost? I think not.

C'mon that's a bit one sided don't ya think?

We finished second on the ladder with what everyone agreed was a tough fixture to end the season. Reckon the club leadership deserve credit for that- I mean everyone.

The time to pick favourites, create narratives and mount recriminations is not tonight I would have thought. The real test is in front of us.

Enjoy the win and the right to play finals. Support those who got us there. ALL OF THEM.

(And hope that maybe this time the results will be different).
Some people are still hanging on from last years farce that Carr is coaching.
It’s actually embarrassing people can be so native.

You cop the shit when you lose and you get the back pats when you win.
It’s been a great season with a shit draw, it’s now time to take the next step.

Great effort and a quality performance against a team the really wanted it.
We have really stood up and performed in the tight ones this year.

DBJ ability to impact contests around ball ups was surprising to see. Been a while since we have seen that from him. Shows what he can bring on both sides of the field.

Evans not having a rising star nom seems like a massive oversight. Been great since his debut.

Only negative spots outside the injuries were Rozee's soft efforts and Visitini's hands. Visi dropped ones he should have taken and could not bring to ground ones he was out of position for. We really missed Dixon's ability to do so.

Rozee got to impact contests more and got to stick his tackles. Felt like a real seagull performance.

Missing Houston and Farrell's kicking out of the backline is going to affect our game plan quite heavily. Their ability to hit targets in the middle of the ground have been key for us. Going to have to hope others can be brave enough and clean enough to hit those.

Once again I have hopes for us come finals.
I thought Hinkley had killed those feelings. It gonna hurt like hell if we fail again. Next few games going to crystallise his rep one way or the other with everyone, surely.

It's a fantastic result but only stating that Hinkley never communicated with the box, never touched a head set, so we can assume that Carr was the main coach tonight.
Besides when we lose it's the players, our list isn't good enough and Ken can't kick it for them.

If this is the transition from Hinkley to Carr i'm pleased with the direction we are going in.
Seems pretty obvious to me that Hinkley deserves the credit for this win and this finish on the ladder as much or more than anyone.

Just as he will take the lion's share of the criticism if we bow out yet again for having failed at finals.

But a reminder that the boos and public humiliation, the personal threat posed by someone posting his home address on this forum (yes it did happen), is something that he shouldered alone after that loss to Brisbane. And he didn't shirk the blame or the responsibility. He said it's what comes with the job. He was right.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism or cynicism that comes his way - especially given his shocking finals performance as coach that have left us all embarrassed and devastated in previous seasons.

I'm also not saying that not one of us hasn't got this dread in our stomachs that history will repeat itself.

But tonight and this week we can look back on this season and where we ended up with pride as Port supporters. We can wear our Port stuff while out an about while the mugs from the swamp without club rooms are focussed on the SANFL.

And I reckon Ken deserves recognition for his role in that, as much as Carr, Butters, Wines. Rozee, Horne-Francis etc.

But if we lose to Geelong at home in a fortnight on a Thursday night (get fecked AFL) , all bets are off 😡

Freo from 3rd on the ladder after r20 to not even making top 8 at the end of r24. Ouchies.
That’s the history of Freo mate.
Must say no supporters of any AFL club take failure as good as Freo do.
They pack there scarfs away and will bring em out next year full of hope but deep down they know it’s not going to happen.
That’s Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the history of Freo mate.
Must say no supporters of any AFL club take failure as good as Freo do.
They pack there scarfs away and will bring em out next year full of hope but deep down they know it’s not going to happen.
That’s Fremantle.
But geez they were close in 2013. Closer than we've been in 2 decades.

Impressive win tonight . We can field a better team than that but we got the job done , looked like Rozee was lacking energy . Visentini wasn’t a pinch of what Charlie will be . George just paced himself through the game , hopefully Narkle will come back in the 23 in place of Jed .and hopefully we won’t lose a player in game with Allir having to be off at a critical time , their home ground and a do or die clash for them I’d say we did well .
Sweet was excellent , he’s got that bit of campaigner in him and he seems to be growing weekly .
Wines , Boak and Drew the foot soldiers all did well as cover for the three jets , although Rozee wasn’t firing on all cylinders tonight.
Logan Evans was good , DBJ , Margaret Zerk Thatcher , Allir , Bergman , Burton , Ratogalea, Mead , Burgoyne so it was based on a team effort of the regulars . Great hitout before finals .
Don’t be scared . Get excited

But geez they were close in 2013. Closer than we've been in 2 decades.
In the famous words of Ricky Bobby, If your not first your last.
No prizes for getting close, that’s the Port Adelaide way.
All this BS about you have to lose one to win one is crap.
You lose your a loser and get zero credit.
Fremantle have been losers for 29 years.
Being runners up is the ultimate pain.
Took us years to get over 2007.

Just do us a favour and beat the Brions, and we’ll call it square :)

Michael Jordan Agree GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back