Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Thank You GIF by SWR3

Steve-O Bro GIF by First We Feast

That was an extremely gutsy old fashioned Port Adelaide win by the team tonight, maybe we can dare to dream. :thumbsu:

Re the vanquished, being a Freo supporter has to be just about the toughest gig in footy they continually lose games when there is something on the line, and their record in local derbies is diabolical.
Wet toast could send out a team of afternoon tea ladies from the local bowling green and the shockers would still struggle to get the 4 points!

Will add

It was nice to see Ryan Burton play like he actually cared.

DBJ was his AA self in the second half controlling the backline

I wonder if some of this is position. Does Houston going out mean he’s going to be playing a different role and it is more suited to his style

The week bye might be perfect for us, few sore boys out there. Hopefully Farrell is just a minor hammy

I’ve had a hammy injury & limped heavy for over a week, Farrell didn’t seem sore to me. Plus I iced mine straight away & stung like hell !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Carr is going to be the coach we need, well done Josh, Hinkley didn't touch a headset all evening.
Would you have posted that if we lost? I think not.

C'mon that's a bit one sided don't ya think?

We finished second on the ladder with what everyone agreed was a tough fixture to end the closest season in recent memory. Reckon the club leadership deserve credit for that- I mean everyone.

The time to pick favourites, create narratives and mount recriminations is not tonight I would have thought. The real test is in front of us.

Enjoy the win and the right to play finals. Support those who got us there. ALL OF THEM.

(And hope that maybe this time the results will be different).

Last edited:
Lads did a great job today under real finals type pressure.
As I’ve been saying our so called lesser lights are playing at there best.
This is what makes premierships, it’s a total team effort.
Young Evans is like getting a top ten pick in the national draft not some cast off in the mid season.
Also thanks Essendon for BZT, has been a great pick up.
Going to be a long two weeks but I’m confident it’s worth the wait.

We finished second on the ladder with what everyone agreed was a tough fixture to end the season. Reckon the club leadership deserve credit for that- I mean everyone.

The time to pick favourites, create narratives and mount recriminations is not tonight I would have thought. The real test is in front of us.

Enjoy the win. And hope that maybe this time will be different.
Excellent post. I have previously posted regarding replacing Kenny. But credit where credit is due thus far. I seriously doubt the bona fides of some posters on this board tbh.

Looks like Carr is going to be the coach we need, well done Josh, Hinkley didn't touch a headset all evening.
I feel that Josh is the match-time coach, but the overall prep probably involves many, with Kenny having overall control.

Fair's fair, I have dissed Ken for ever about his lack of bravery. Recently, and particularly today, he has been brave. It's difficult to change, so well done.

However, we've been here before, haven't we.

Finger's crossed.

We finished second on the ladder with what everyone agreed was a tough fixture to end the season. Reckon the club leadership deserve credit for that- I mean everyone.

The time to pick favourites and mount recriminations is not tonight I would have thought. The real test is in front of us.
It's a fantastic result but only stating that Hinkley never communicated with the box, never touched a head set, so we can assume that Carr was the main coach tonight.
Besides when we lose it's the players, our list isn't good enough and Ken can't kick it for them.

If this is the transition from Hinkley to Carr i'm pleased with the direction we are going in.

Good win but worrying about Rozee, he needs to find his position and form. Done absolutely nothing for the majority of the season.
I think he is wasted playing on the inside. Just getting quick dump kicks can be done by Wines and Mead. He needs to be a handball receiver so he can use his pace and agility to get on the outside.

Wonderful game. Stoked with the outcome! Thank you very much port.

On a serious note, JHF gets lots of crap in the forums/internet but he is an absolute weapon. His goal in the match, which he featured at the start of the play and then finished off with a goal was pure gut running. Lot's of people hang it on him but even more wish he was at their club!
People on forums that give JHF crap are either offended norf numpties or people who don't watch port games. His ability to damage an opposition with 20 disposals is exceptional. He's as good a 21 year old as I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back