Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that I’ve calmed down from yesterday
I gotta say, even though I’m disappointed with missing finals. I’ve had more fun at the footy this year than any other year. Crowds at home were strong and loud.

We can still have our best ever season with a win against Tigers and if I’m not mistaken a win here will make it half a decade since they beat us and give us an overall winning record against them.

Go Suns!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Leave Ballard, Anderson, Miller, Flanders at home. King probably put on ice.

Give Humphrey, Davies, Graham, Rogers, Moyle time in the middle with Rowell and Witts leading them. I’d rather see us lose with these kids cracking in proving they deserve time in the middle, over watching our current lot going through the motions with the head up our ass sh*t they have served up.

Now that I’ve calmed down from yesterday
I gotta say, even though I’m disappointed with missing finals. I’ve had more fun at the footy this year than any other year. Crowds at home were strong and loud.

We can still have our best ever season with a win against Tigers and if I’m not mistaken a win here will make it half a decade since they beat us and give us an overall winning record against them.

Go Suns!
Totally agree with having more fun at the footy and bigger crowds than any season in the past. More of that next year please!

The head-to-head ledger between us and Richmond currently sits at 7 apiece. Win this one and we have an overall winning record against Richmond, despite a lot of these games occurring during their three recent premiership seasons. We've got a mental edge over the Tigers for sure.

Leave Ballard, Anderson, Miller, Flanders at home. King probably put on ice.

Give Humphrey, Davies, Graham, Rogers, Moyle time in the middle with Rowell and Witts leading them. I’d rather see us lose with these kids cracking in proving they deserve time in the middle, over watching our current lot going through the motions with the head up our ass sh*t they have served up.

The issue is it’s the only game for the year at the mcg so majority of the players you want to leave at home will want to play there. But I would definitely put moyle in over Witts it probably should’ve happened yesterday

After yesterday's diabolical performance I'm gonna save myself the heart ache of going to this one. I've had enough for one year.

That was me after the port Adelaide win. I was happy to finish the year on a high lol as Dimma said I’m burnt out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They shouldn't rest a single gun, the club owes this win to the supporters for a disappointing season
A lot of the Melbourne origin players travel back later and presumably they can have more time given next weekend is literally the end of the 2024 road
I think everyone who's fit will travel
Yesterday was so awful but unfortunately our mids don't have the tanks to run game after game coming up against top end talent
People have theories and computer programmes and AACB stats but it's just not clear to me why Dimma runs the same 3 players into the ground through the middle
My conclusion is all the other players aren't up to it and he doesnt think there's any point trying to make them mids

A lot of the Melbourne origin players travel back later and presumably they can have more time given next weekend is literally the end of the 2024 road
Yesterday was so awful but unfortunately our mids don't have the tanks to run game after game coming up against top end talent
People have theories and computer programmes and AACB stats but it's just not clear to me why Dimma runs the same 3 players into the ground through the middle
My conclusion is all the other players aren't up to it and he doesnt think there's any point trying to make them mids
Humphrey particularly has most fans wondering what's going on. Graham as well.

We actually ran quite a few people through the middle in the game. Maybe too late, and could have been more, but players were definitely tried there. We tried more people there than Melbourne, and more than previous games.

Honestly, the only time we looked energised and good was when Mac was there for a solid stint. Witts just can’t match up against quality rucks. He dominates players who can’t match his size, but if they can he is half as good at best.

If they do another fade out at the MCG against RICHmond and all the grotesque inbred Fans give it to Dimma I’m sure Dimma who I’m confident will use his knowledge to make required changes will be next level ruthless in shaking it all up to make this his club.

Let it unfold.
In Dimma We Trust
I agree with this
Before it all fell into place-with a decent dollop of quality Suns injection in the form of Caddy(spit on the ground) Lynch and Prestia -Dimma's Tigers were eternally Ninthmond

Last time we won at the G?
More recent than you probably think - R7, 2021 def. Collingwood @ MCG by 24 points. It was a glorious day in which our supporters were chanting GOOOOOOOLD COAST at the end of the game when we knew we had it won. We've played there twice since and both were losses to the Pies and Blues. So if we win this one then our MCG record will be 2W 2L in the last 4 we've played there.

I agree with this
Before it all fell into place-with a decent dollop of quality Suns injection in the form of Caddy(spit on the ground) Lynch and Prestia -Dimma's Tigers were eternally Ninthmond
It was Caddy, Nankervis and Prestia joining Tigers in 2016 off-season plus new assistant coaches. Lynch came later after winning first premiership.

More recent than you probably think - R7, 2021 def. Collingwood @ MCG by 24 points. It was a glorious day in which our supporters were chanting GOOOOOOOLD COAST at the end of the game when we knew we had it won. We've played there twice since and both were losses to the Pies and Blues. So if we win this one then our MCG record will be 2W 2L in the last 4 we've played there.
Ah yes I remember, Brandon Ellis had 16 marks, 161 Fantasy points.

That was a good day

Mate that was one of the most magical moments I’ve ever experienced, there was only around 50 of us but it was echoing around the MCG so loudly - one of my work buddies who supports Collingwood was at the opposite end of the ground and heard it loud and clear. Dwayne Russell and Garry Lyon were commenting on the chant and watching it back it was so loud on the Fox Footy coverage.

Just imagine when there’s a full bay of 500 + SUNS supporters chanting GOOOOOLD COAST in a finals game. It will be pure bliss, I assure you.

One thing the last quarter of the season has shown is that Benny A isn't as replaceable as a majority of people said he would be. We don't have a single player like him on the list and our forward line has definitely been much worse off without him. Very glad he decided to stay on because replacing someone with his work rate is very hard to do. Will only get better as we (hopefully) get better.

One thing the last quarter of the season has shown is that Benny A isn't as replaceable as a majority of people said he would be. We don't have a single player like him on the list and our forward line has definitely been much worse off without him. Very glad he decided to stay on because replacing someone with his work rate is very hard to do. Will only get better as we (hopefully) get better.
No-one works harder.He's been missed

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back