Preview Round 3, 2022: Blues v Hawks, 1:10pm Sunday 3rd April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the players that played on the weekend, Maginness is the one likely to be squeezed out. Nothing wrong with his form, but he’s last in the pecking order among the players he’s trying to compete for a spot with.

I see people keep talking about the clearance numbers. Surely it depends on what sort of clearance it is. If it's a scrubby kick forward which favours our defensive structure, then who cares if we're losing the stat. If they are clearances where they are able to stream out unabated, then we have problems there.

I expect him to all over Pittonet this week. The best way to Cripps and co. out of the equation would be for him to use his height to belt the ball as far away from them as possible.
really like the way Reeves is developing before our eyes, but Pittonet has been quite good this year, has a bit on mongrel and a few years additional experience on his side. It will be an interesting battle IMO

Jom actually telegraphed he was going to centre the ball. The problem was his leg isn't strong enough and he couldn't get the length he wanted.
Yep but in the end it comes down to being a bad decision. He should have chosen a better option

Yep but in the end it comes down to being a bad decision. He should have chosen a better option
You need to assess where everyone is in relation to the switch, fact of the matter is that two Sydney blokes were within intercept distance of that kick unless it was pinpoint. That's the type of kick I'd really only back a few of our players to hit, and none of our mids.

Have been critical of Harry in the past. Thought of him as a bit soft and went missing when it got hot in the oven. I reckon this has changed significantly and he now goes when he needs to go, takes hits and seems more use to the pace of the game at AFL level. A good example of what happens when kids hit that 50 game mark!

Last edited:
Impey once ready to go will come in for whoever isn't performing as well as the coaches think he might based on his BHH performance.

We have a very healthy list and we're winning games. Might as well pick a best 22 each week even if it means guys like MacDonald, Ward and Finn spend some time developing at BHH.

Playing some games at BHH for the young guys won't stunt their development. It gives them more opportunity to work on things and then come back in when players in the senior team are injured or drop in form.

We should definitely still prioritise our younger players where reasonable (ie. Finn v Shiels) but a player in their prime like Impey when fit and in form should definitely be in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sold on Carlton yet. They're better than what they have been in the past but the media hype is over blown.

The doggies were woeful in the first half (in defence and pressure). In the second half they lifted, scoring 6.9 to 4.2 (15 scoring shots to 6). The doggies don't have true quality talls down back (with pace) and only 1 quality tall forward who played injured in the second half. Carlton dont like pressure and can be easily scored against.

Our forward line is better than the dogs and backline is way better also.

You can argue about the midfields but we will apply better pressure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're right in this. They should be worried about us, not the other way around. Im confident, so should you.

Hawks by 24..

Carlton supporters can be up and about on their own board.

Disrespect the Hawks here, and you'll get turfed.
Nah, let them stay mate! It’s fricken hilarious. They’re the biggest laughing stock of the comp for the past 20 years. It’s a free swing. They win , oh well, the rebuild. We win? Fricken lolza

Yeah. Was never on , and even if it was, 2v1 would have needed a mark or it’s pretty much a garuantee goal
It was a kick sicily can make and not many others should attempt.
Jaeger would have had that sick feeling is his gut watching that ball meander through the air with the Port boys closing on it.

Does any Carlton defender have the tank to contain Dylan Moore? I don't mean pace either. Saad or Williams would likely torch him on a quick rebound. We're just seeing this bloke consistently running in the top 5 for distance covered and repeat sprint efforts every week. I don't see a natural match up there unless Newman is a cardio freak.

Defense is always about a team defensive effort, so no doubt if he uses his tank to get up the ground, then a midfielder will take over. It is never as simple as can 1 v 1 cover the same distance.

I could ask the Hawks, how will they keep up with Walsh, he averages more meters per game than virtually every teams best distance in one game for the year. I think only 5 clubs had someone run further in one game than Walsh's average distance run.

My guess is Saad may potentially go to Moore, but I am not 100% sure how they will juggle the small match ups.

Defense is always about a team defensive effort, so no doubt if he uses his tank to get up the ground, then a midfielder will take over. It is never as simple as can 1 v 1 cover the same distance.

I could ask the Hawks, how will they keep up with Walsh, he averages more meters per game than virtually every teams best distance in one game for the year. I think only 5 clubs had someone run further in one game than Walsh's average distance run.

My guess is Saad may potentially go to Moore, but I am not 100% sure how they will juggle the small match ups.
If Finn plays, he can go with Walsh.
Likewise Ward.

I would rather have finn line up at box hill for a full game and give howe or shiels or phillips the sub role
Phillips has really good flexibility in that sub role. Not really fair on the bloke but when he comes on he always gives really good energy and gets involved.

Best of British guys & gals.

Will be interesting to see what Sammy has up his sleeve this week. We've belted the two best midfields in the game (albeit one of them in a practice match but at full strength) in the last month and I don't see Hawthorn competitive in the guts. And we won't be kicking the ball straight up in the air coming out like Port did. (OK Cripps might do that when he can't find a link man to dish to).

Going to be interesting. Not a game where either team is going to want to get their system challenged in the first half and allow the doubts between the ears to creep in.

Despite some of the opinions here I think we belt Hawthorn on paper, with lack of a credible second tall in defence being the major concern. Those who don't rate Durdin and Owies as both pressure and creative small forwards - watch this space.

Forget the paper, lets see what happens on the grass.

For sure. Interesting to see how hawks go against a flooding team like Carlton, not much in open fwd 50

Can't remember how ticketing works for an away game. Is there anywhere I can find out which Southern Stand bays are for Gen Admission? I know I can get tix via my membership, but I want to sit with a non-member. Cheers.

Finn Maginness and Ward could keep up with Walsh’s running.

Can't remember how ticketing works for an away game. Is there anywhere I can find out which Southern Stand bays are for Gen Admission? I know I can get tix via my membership, but I want to sit with a non-member. Cheers.
Is this the one your looking for?

1648601148957.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back