Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference tonight was system. The crows have belief in their system, our players do not. Probably because this ‘system’ has failed for 11 ******* years now. But hey, they’re a good side and it’s a real tough competition. We just gotta keep trying next week and the week after. We’ll come good, have faith.
he came out at half time and got interviewed and said we need to stop them picking us apart out of defence and working up the field, then we continued to do exactly the same as the first half and watch them pick us apart lol. It was over last year for in 2016 yet here we are.

Part of our problem is we can no longer attract quality. Adelaide has the same issue
Nah I don't buy that we've become myopic & stick to easy options Ken is comfortable with.

Even at SANFL level there are better more experienced coaching options for our magoos we could poach, but all we do is shuffle with in house options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak was obviously under done.
Raz wasn’t good enough to start but still good enough to be sub?
Finlayson clearly under done.
Jones is clearly rattled so let’s move him all around the ground and not let him settle.

Why we didn’t let Boak, Finlayson, Jones and Raz get themselves into the shape and form we needed I do not know.

Some quick mentions:
Lycett - that has got to be one of the worst games I’ve seen a ruck play. O’Brien motored past him out of contests, jumped over him and our worked him up and down the ground.
TJ was better than last week but that’s not saying anything. I defended him after last week but my supportive arguments are wearing thin.
Duursma - I don’t know what has happened but doesn’t seem to have the love, passion and work rate that he used to. Get pushed around and seems timid.
The whole defence looks dreadful.
Rioli - man that was a stinker.

Is butters as good as we think he is?
Been very disappointed with him for the last 2 years. Definitely hasn’t lived up to the expectations.

I agree AFL
Has done its dash
I’ve done a bit of scrolling and there is a lot of negativity… with absolute justification! But man imagine how much we would of lost by if SSP and Rozee didn’t play play for us. Both guys were awesome… and have been for a while. Just a side note (here’s my negative) why are we starting our contested ball winning, Brownlow medal winner off the forward 50 meter line???? And starting at the centre bounce a 19 year old with more pressure on him than a German ww2 submarine on the bottom of the ocean dodging depth chargers?
I recall Malcolm Blight suggesting he would play JHF off half back like he did with Andrew McLeod. Why not when comparing with what we have, slow plodders no rebound no skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back