Round 3 Team Discussion. Hawthorn Vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that the game where Campbell Browns tackling efforts in the backline saved the game for us? think he dragged us kicking and screaming over the winning line in the end..

Yup, and that team that played is a lot different to the 1 that will play on Saturday night.
Thier side hasnt changed much but our side looks a lot better this time round and we have a fully fit Burger and Sammy...

I thought a team was selected on current form not on what people may or may not remember about what happened in 2008.

FFS on 2008 form Trent Croad deserves a game but he isn't even on the list!

FYI, last week Ellis was woeful. He got his hands on the ball consistently but his disposal was very poor even over 20m, which is very uncharacteristic.

In contrast Puopolo was excellent for the second week running.

So on exposed form Puopolo deserve elevation far more than Ellis.

Current form of course comes into it.

But for the umpteenth time in this thread, Puopolo is not going to be selected to replace a midfielder/small fwd.

That said. How bad can Ellis' form be?

He played every game last year and was bog in VFL 2 weeks ago.

All the same I'm glad he was out of the side at start of season. Not because I dont like him, but because I hope he busts his gut to stay in the side.

Current form of course comes into it.

But for the umpteenth time in this thread, Puopolo is not going to be selected to replace a midfielder/small fwd.

That said. How bad can Ellis' form be?

He played every game last year and was bog in VFL 2 weeks ago.

All the same I'm glad he was out of the side at start of season. Not because I dont like him, but because I hope he busts his gut to stay in the side.

Can understand the reasoning behind bringing in Ellis to replace a midfielder. Apparently he was BOG two weeks ago with Box Hill which is great.

I guess people only saw his game last week(me included) in which he was ordinary. People are just sick of the same old under performing players getting a spot. I personally wanted to see him dominate at VFL level for a few weeks before he was in the mix.

He has his chance now and i hope he takes it. Hopefully he makes it hard for selectors to drop him when Rioli comes back.

If the thinking was to go with experience I would have thought Guerra would have been a better option than Ellis. He has more of a physical presence and can actually kick the ball long.

Ellis is the master of the "nothing" disposal. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but he doesn't really hurt the opposition with his 20 meter chip passes either. Time to step it up and make an impact or give others like Pup an opportunity.

I thought a team was selected on current form not on what people may or may not remember about what happened in 2008.

FFS on 2008 form Trent Croad deserves a game but he isn't even on the list!

FYI, last week Ellis was woeful. He got his hands on the ball consistently but his disposal was very poor even over 20m, which is very uncharacteristic.

In contrast Puopolo was excellent for the second week running.

So on exposed form Puopolo deserve elevation far more than Ellis.

Ellis has had a problem with his disposal his whole career. IMO I would like to see Pup in the side and see what he is made of. Ellis is only getting a game because of the Rioli suspension.

I think we will have these sort of discussions week in week out as our debth this year is good. So blokes are going to miss out. Therefore, the contenders will come to the surface and the protenders will be found out!

But Blokes that I think are hanging on by a thread are:

Renouf
Osbourne
Birchall

Renouf only gets a game because our other rucks are underdone at the moment, but hopefully Bailey can get him self right soon. Maybe give Lisle a crack.

With Cheney, Goo, Smith, WX, Ellis Shoey, Pup, etc pushing for spots, Ozzie and Birch might want to pull their fingers out!

And either

I would really like to see our goal kicking improve by 100% this week, there is no point in having 75 inside 50s if the ball is just going to be going back into the Tigers players hands...
Ruff wa saying he is kicking better than last year, well 4.2 is not exactly great big Ruff...

it may not be great but its still good, not many will kick 6.0 a game its certainly better than 2.4, he Roughy seems to have more confidence in his
kicking / follow thru this year, so thats a good sign

Struggling to see why the daggers are out for Renouf. He had a fine year in 2010. He is never going to be a superstar but does his job. Hale has just joined the club, Skipper & Taylor are gone and Bailey I would still say is a long shot given his history with injury. Renouf is very young and is our number one ruckman. I'd imagine he's one of the first selected.

Struggling to see why the daggers are out for Renouf. He had a fine year in 2010. He is never going to be a superstar but does his job. Hale has just joined the club, Skipper & Taylor are gone and Bailey I would still say is a long shot given his history with injury. Renouf is very young and is our number one ruckman. I'd imagine he's one of the first selected.

Sadly I feel this is only thru necessity.

Outside of competing in the ruck I dont think he does his job at all.
Harsh words I know, but my honest opinion.

Sadly I feel this is only thru necessity.

Outside of competing in the ruck I dont think he does his job at all.
Harsh words I know, but my honest opinion.
Starting to agree. Thought he showed a fair bit of promise in his first 20 odd games but I just don't see him improving to a required level. He can take a good mark every now and then but gives away too many free kicks, can't kick a ball and his tap work isn't great.

Sorry to intrude. I was wondering if anyone knows if tonights game is a 'home' game for you guys also (a compensation home game for members for the games you play in Tasmania). Just thinking it could be a very big crowd tonight; Richmond's first home game with the new ME Bank Centre opening and your guys scintillating form last week against Melbourne.

Again sorry to intrude; hopefully its a great game tonight & not over early in the game. Hopefully the weather holds off so a big crowd can be in attendance. Thanks again.

GO TIGES!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back