Trades Round 3 trade plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1358801This is my team after trading Bailey and Hill with 160k in the bank
Bloody good team, mate. Well done. I'd look at Owens to MacDonald if you have another trade left. No dramas if not, because you can always look to swap him for Hough in a week or 2 (hopefully).

Bloody good team, mate. Well done. I'd look at Owens to MacDonald if you have another trade left. No dramas if not, because you can always look to swap him for Hough in a week or 2 (hopefully).
I’m hoping for O,Driscoll in a week looked really nice as the Substitute

I’m hoping for O,Driscoll in a week looked really nice as the Substitute
See how he goes, but keep in mind that the substitute appearance could hurt his early cash gen potential compared to some of the alternatives.

I prefer the idea of trading him in for Gibcus next week and copping Gibcus' measley ~$25k growth because NOD's lower price gives him a much higher ceiling for growth, even in spite of the sub appearance.

I was chasing points first time I’ve played my cousin who plays every year said it’s not the way to go he suggested trading Bailey to Heeney and Hill to Bowey with 160k in the bank I am just outside the top 1000

The thing you have to remind yourself of is that, take Heeney for example, his current average is 144. He's never managed anything close to that over the course of the season so at some stage, the low scores are going to come and they're the ones you are going to get. Try not to points chase. It never works. Bowey on the other hand is ok because of his low price so you will make enough money from him for the trade to be worthwhile. Just don't expect him to keep pumping out 150's. If he can settle around 80 for the next few weeks with perhaps another 100+ spike score, that will be enough for him to serve his purpose as a stepping stone to a SP like Seagull.

See how he goes, but keep in mind that the substitute appearance could hurt his early cash gen potential compared to some of the alternatives.

I prefer the idea of trading him in for Gibcus next week and copping Gibcus' measley ~$25k growth because NOD's lower price gives him a much higher ceiling for growth, even in spite of the sub appearance.

His sub appearance only affects his cash gen for 1 week. Question is, does he continue to get the sub role in future?

The thing you have to remind yourself of is that, take Heeney for example, his current average is 144. He's never managed anything close to that over the course of the season so at some stage, the low scores are going to come and they're the ones you are going to get. Try not to points chase. It never works. Bowey on the other hand is ok because of his low price so you will make enough money from him for the trade to be worthwhile. Just don't expect him to keep pumping out 150's. If he can settle around 80 for the next few weeks with perhaps another 100+ spike score, that will be enough for him to serve his purpose as a stepping stone to a SP like Seagull.
I agree in principle, but I really, really like Heeney's scoring potential this year. I think rotating through the midfield actually helps his forward craft, and he's a strong chance to not just get more of the footy, but kick more goals than he has in the past, with defences having to scramble to cover him. Most importantly though, he looks about as fit as I've seen him in years. There will always be the injury risk with him, but he'll easily be a top 10 forward, maybe THE top forward, if he can get through the season mostly unscathed.

His sub appearance only affects his cash gen for 1 week. Question is, does he continue to get the sub role in future?
Sorry, that was kind of what I meant. Huge risk he has more sub appearances like you said until he has a breakout performance and locks down a spot, which has me concerned about his short-term growth.

I agree in principle, but I really, really like Heeney's scoring potential this year. I think rotating through the midfield actually helps his forward craft, and he's a strong chance to not just get more of the footy, but kick more goals than he has in the past, with defences having to scramble to cover him. Most importantly though, he looks about as fit as I've seen him in years. There will always be the injury risk with him, but he'll easily be a top 10 forward, maybe THE top forward, if he can get through the season mostly unscathed.

He would have to be jumping out of his skin to average something like 110.

Thing is, with the current form he's in, he's going to attract more attention from opposition teams which will potentially hurt his scoring.

I'd lean towards English, personally. Much more scope to be a keeper either in your forward line or even ruck if the alternatives aren't firing.

Will probably generate less cash, but a far safer bet I reckon.
Is English actually that safe? Has been great around the ground but has been beaten in the rucks both games, if they lose again I’d be worried that Bevo would look to shake it up and English’s ruck time could diminish.

He would have to be jumping out of his skin to average something like 110.

Thing is, with the current form he's in, he's going to attract more attention from opposition teams which will potentially hurt his scoring.
Potentially, but he's always gotten plenty of attention. I reckon when available, he's probably been the Swans player which opposition sides have put the most time and planning into over the last few years.

Spending more time in the midfield makes him a nightmare to match-up on. If someone tags him, he'll take them forward and maul them there. And if a defender gets a full-time lockdown role, he'll kill them in the midfield.

IIRC last season they mentioned he was statistically the best one-on-one player (or perhaps forward) in the comp. He's not Petracca and Bont level good, but he's similarly near-impossible to match-up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to work out whether i go with Stephens & Bowey + 220k or Docherty & Pedlar/NOD

I dont want to miss Stephens and Bowey will make heaps of cash but getting Docherty now should give me a bit of a points boost and while im not really sure i will use that 244k in the bank in the coming rounds, its always good to have money in the bank. Given the cash boost Stephens and Bowey will deliver im probably just leaning towards that option and this team

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 2.38.00 pm.png

Keep Berry, no Xerri

Berry, or Xerri
Berry, Xerri
Xerri from Berry
Sherry, berries.

Finkle and Einhorn
Finkle and Einhorn
Finkle IS EINHORN

View attachment 1358547

Inspect Jim Carrey GIF
Jim Carrey Ok GIF
disgusted ace ventura GIF
Jim Carrey Lol GIF by O&O, Inc
Lose Ace Ventura GIF
ace ventura GIF
ace ventura bullshit GIF
Jim Carrey Good Call GIF by O&O, Inc
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Trying to work out whether i go with Stephens & Bowey + 220k or Docherty & Pedlar/NOD

I dont want to miss Stephens and Bowey will make heaps of cash but getting Docherty now should give me a bit of a points boost and while im not really sure i will use that 244k in the bank in the coming rounds, its always good to have money in the bank. Given the cash boost Stephens and Bowey will deliver im probably just leaning towards that option and this team

View attachment 1358821
Agree that Stephens and Bowey is the better move. It'll also allow you to do an early upgrade and bring in Doch or some such for Hinge + a minor downgrade of an underperforming rookie.

Heeney always starts hot though:

2021: averaged 108.5 in the first two rounds, averaged 83.5 for the season.

2020: averaged 111.7 in the first three rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2019: averaged 104.8 in the first four rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2018: averaged 112.4 in the first five rounds, averaged 97.5 for the season

2017: averaged 107 in his first four games, averaged 97.6 for the season.

I guess my question would be is why is this year different? If you’ve got Dusty or Thomas and it’s a side swap I’d consider him but changing your structure to get Heeney seems dangerous.

Heens never AVG the ton in all he's years the the system seems quiet a few given he's only 25.
He will score well playing though the kids while rolling forward.
Some sides will be a wake up to him and put work into him.

If he's going over the ton this is the year ...

Happy with my team, 2 changes this week for me so far. Gov to Hewett via SDK and Gresham to Xerri. 90k in the bank atm. Going to keep Gawn as I think that once he starts clunking his marks he goes 110-120 easy. He has dropped at least 10 marks that he would have taken last year. And I dont think there is another really good ruck option so I am going to persist with him.

Little stuck with what to do with Steele. I know I should just hold but another sub 100 score in the next 4-5 weeks he is going to drop to a point where he becomes a nice upgrade target. Thinking of trading to Trac or Brayshaw pocketing 80-100k for later upgrades and rolling the dice on Steele. Only issue I have with Brayshaw is that they are going to spend 3 weeks in WA and there is a chance of half of the Freo team misses with H&S protocols in the next 4-5 weeks.

Any other perspective on this potential trade?
1648614886779.png

View attachment 1358821
Go with Stephens + Bowey, then get another week to look at Pedlar/NOD for best option

Heeney always starts hot though:

2021: averaged 108.5 in the first two rounds, averaged 83.5 for the season.

2020: averaged 111.7 in the first three rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2019: averaged 104.8 in the first four rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2018: averaged 112.4 in the first five rounds, averaged 97.5 for the season

2017: averaged 107 in his first four games, averaged 97.6 for the season.

I guess my question would be is why is this year different? If you’ve got Dusty or Thomas and it’s a side swap I’d consider him but changing your structure to get Heeney seems dangerous.
His scores have predominantly dipped because we have played him while he's been injured. His torrid run with injuries is obviously the big risk with him. John Longmire mentioned there were other injury clouds he'd played under that people outside the club would have had no idea about.

But, his last 2 major injuries have been freak accidents more than anything else. Last year it was an almost tragically comical broken hand in round 4, which gave him strife for the rest of the season. His good start to last year was playing as a full-time forward off the back of a limitrd pre-season after an ankle injury which sidelined him in 2020.

Hindsight suggests that ankle injury forcing him to recuperate in 2020 might not have been the worst thing. He's had his first full pre-season in yonks this year, looks as fit as he ever has and ready to take the next step to become an elite player. And the optimist in me says that I don't think any of his injuries are ones that we should be particularly worried about reoccurring.

If I didn't already have a strong forward line, I'd be looking to grab him now. He's spending more time in the midfield than he has in genuinely about half a decade at this point. If there's no more freak injuries this year, I'm expecting him to cost $600k by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back