Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same. I can't think of anything I could do that isn't sideways or a rage trade on Swallow, Ibbotson who did OK this week anyway. I don't see the panic over Cripps, most likely scenario is that he plays this week in the role he did in NAB and gets 80+. I've never not traded the first two weeks. I'm itching I just can't find anything.
I have Gryphon and Swallow at M4-5 but they came good this week after their round one debacles and Ellis-Yolmen looks a yet, Vandenberg is a better Supercoacher than Dreamteamer also

For me this week,
I'm pretty set on Goodes -> Oxley. Gives me about 130k to play with.
Unsure of what to do with the next move. Value opinions on the following options.
I could:
Option 1: Stand fast, pocket the $$$ for a rainy day
Option 2: Turn either Cripps/Sheed -> Wallis
Option 3: Lumumba/Newnes -> any premo defender

Option 1,2 or 3? What say you BF peeps?

I'm leaning towards Option 2 FWIW

Why is 90 no longer a good score down back, it's been two weeks. I'd be more confident in those two now than I was two weeks ago. :confused:

I think Sheed has to stay because the WC midfield is so weak he will surely get a decent run at it and will only improve. Cripps > Wallis if Cripps isn't named again wouldnt be bad for a cash grab but if that's all its for NVB if probably a better option. Not sure Wallis can avg 100, the Dogs have an awfully hard draw ahead I would be expecting Bonts or him to be anywhere near the heights they are at now.

For me this week,
Unsure of what to do with the next move. Value opinions on the following options.
I could:

Give us a look at your team, makes the process a little easier.

Thoughts on -

Ablett -> Sloane or Pendlebury?
Ryder -> Bontempelli

Ryder was a bad pick from the start and I'm thinking both of those trades will free up a ton of cash which will be helpful in the future. Little bit wary of sideways trades but I think Bontempelli is definitely a lock in the forward line

Why is 90 no longer a good score down back, it's been two weeks. I'd be more confident in those two now than I was two weeks ago. :confused:

I think Sheed has to stay because the WC midfield is so weak he will surely get a decent run at it and will only improve. Cripps > Wallis if Cripps isn't named again wouldnt be bad for a cash grab but if that's all its for NVB if probably a better option. Not sure Wallis can avg 100, the Dogs have an awfully hard draw ahead I would be expecting Bonts or him to be anywhere near the heights they are at now.
I do agree with you about Lumumba and Newnes.
I guess including the option of trading them is more a reflection of me not being entirely happy with those selection from the beginning. I've made my bed...guess I have to sleep in it :rolleyes:. I love rollercoasters anyhow :)
I understand what you are saying with regards to NVB instead of Wallis. I just don't see NVB continue to score and therefore appreciate in value at any great rate. I think Wallis can average around the 100 mark, and if he does he should appreciate slowly in value, ready to be upgraded later in the year, easy jump to a genuine premo, providing me decent scoring in the mean time. He'll never see a tag, wins his own footy, and tackles like a madman. NVB would be the safe move, Wallis a little more risk but greater upside in terms of scoring output. I've seen others looking to Rich, but going forward, I can't see many teams allowing him the freedom he has had in the first two rounds.

Yeah I like, but why is everyone trading Cripps?
Guys what about these trades.
GAJ > Bonts, Lamb > Walker think I will go with this.

im so glad i traded cripps last week now to lambert. my thinking was this. if a rook had mooed up to 210k and was an out after a dud game the previous week id trade him. so i did. 110k added to the kitty not now on my bench. leaving me 2 trades this week.

Agree with whoever said Adelaide player scores are inflated. I think Sloane would've been a great player to start with, but unless you think he's going to average 120-125, you've probably missed the boat after scores of 134 and 145. Also thinking that Bontempelli might put in a couple of sub 80-score games in his next 5 games. They're playing against Hawthorn, Adelaide, Fremantle which are clearly better sides than West Coast and Richmond. Add to this the fact that they'll also be playing St Kilda, who don't mind playing a hard tag. The thing with Bontempelli is the guy tackles like a machine, so perhaps his scores won't be terribly affected by a tag.

TBH, this is a bit of hope from someone who doesn't plan on trading in any Adelaide guys or Bontempelli (for now). If Bontempelli keeps this up i'll get him in later on, even if it means I get him at 150K more expensive than his current price. But I'm just keen on seeing how he goes against some premiership contending sides before I jump on.

I guess including the option of trading them is more a reflection of me not being entirely happy with those selection from the beginning. I've made my bed...guess I have to sleep in it :rolleyes:. I love rollercoasters anyhow :)
I understand what you are saying with regards to NVB instead of Wallis. I just don't see NVB continue to score and therefore appreciate in value at any great rate. I think Wallis can average around the 100 mark, and if he does he should appreciate slowly in value, ready to be upgraded later in the year, easy jump to a genuine premo, providing me decent scoring in the mean time. He'll never see a tag, wins his own footy, and tackles like a madman. NVB would be the safe move, Wallis a little more risk but greater upside in terms of scoring output. I've seen others looking to Rich, but going forward, I can't see many teams allowing him the freedom he has had in the first two rounds.

if lumber and newnes are your biggest problems i want your team. im holding off on both of them. but plans are to get myself 150k odd quick smart (over next 2-3 weeks) to take them to real premos if they slump. at the mo there both at about par id say. hold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with whoever said Adelaide player scores are inflated. I think Sloane would've been a great player to start with, but unless you think he's going to average 120-125, you've probably missed the boat after scores of 134 and 145. Also thinking that Bontempelli might put in a couple of sub 80-score games in his next 5 games. They're playing against Hawthorn, Adelaide, Fremantle which are clearly better sides than West Coast and Richmond. Add to this the fact that they'll also be playing St Kilda, who don't mind playing a hard tag. The thing with Bontempelli is the guy tackles like a machine, so perhaps his scores won't be terribly affected by a tag.

TBH, this is a bit of hope from someone who doesn't plan on trading in any Adelaide guys or Bontempelli (for now). If Bontempelli keeps this up i'll get him in later on, even if it means I get him at 150K more expensive than his current price. But I'm just keen on seeing how he goes against some premiership contending sides before I jump on.

bonts was great for a starter pick. 420k ---> was always gonna score more than that. but may still not be a premo. its a lot to spend now + a trade on that sort of punt. id advise folks to watch for a bit longer as it is a risk.

My point with NVB is that not only do you pocket money now, he will also rise by more over the next 6 weeks coming from that lower base. You can bank $125K now going NVB and points wise I don't see you losing that much. As I said the Dogs have a terrible draw and the Crows draw is so easy they should be 8-2. I guess I don't see the upside in Wallis that you do. As good as the dogs have been they've beaten no one. WC are awful away from home and Richmond are pathetic on their day. They play Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney in the next three weeks. Now is not the time to be getting any WB player in IMO.

bonts was great for a starter pick. 420k ---> was always gonna score more than that. but may still not be a premo. its a lot to spend now + a trade on that sort of punt. id advise folks to watch for a bit longer as it is a risk.

most years i wouldnt worry but my backline is 400k town. to much risk already imo.

Give us a look at your team, makes the process a little easier.
DEF: H. Shaw, J. Gibson, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, K. McIntosh, A. Saad (B. Goodes, N. Brown)
MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, P. Dangerfield, O. Wines, A. Vandenberg, C. Ellis-Yolmen , I. Heeney (D. Sheed, P. Cripps, T. Miller)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (T. Read)
FWD: R. Gray, D. Martin, D. Swan, C. Salem, M. Clark, J. Hogan (A. Saad, T. Lamb)

I could:

I've got it
Gaz-JPK
Goodes-savage

Don't need to mess with my structures at all, bonts is my 2014 macrae where I'll be fine without him
Difference is though Bonti is DPP and a forward who can average 100 is a keeper, a midfielder averaging that is a M8/9 sort of thing, you'd want your premium midfielders to average 105-110 to justify holding them

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Gibson, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, K. McIntosh, A. Saad (B. Goodes, N. Brown)
MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, P. Dangerfield, O. Wines, A. Vandenberg, C. Ellis-Yolmen , I. Heeney (D. Sheed, P. Cripps, T. Miller)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (T. Read)
FWD: R. Gray, D. Martin, D. Swan, C. Salem, M. Clark, J. Hogan (A. Saad, T. Lamb)

I could:

Option 2 if you want quick points and to bridge the gap

Trading out Newnes is dumb, keep him, I can see him being my D6/7 eventually

im so glad i traded cripps last week now to lambert. my thinking was this. if a rook had mooed up to 210k and was an out after a dud game the previous week id trade him. so i did. 110k added to the kitty not now on my bench. leaving me 2 trades this week.

Cripps wasn't dropped. He had a bit of a sore back during the week & club didn't want to risk him, especially on a long flight to Perth and back. He'll be back this week for sure, as it isn't anything serious.

if lumber and newnes are your biggest problems i want your team. im holding off on both of them. but plans are to get myself 150k odd quick smart (over next 2-3 weeks) to take them to real premos if they slump. at the mo there both at about par id say. hold

The thing is Supercoach is all about getting ahead of everyone else. If you get Bontempelli and some others like us hold off, and he ends up averaging 110 over the next few weeks, everyone who jumped on him early is ahead on those who didn't jump on quickly. However it could easily go the other way, in that he puts up some sub 80 scores over the next 5 weeks and doesn't appreciate in value TOO much.

It's why I traded Ablett before this week, I wanted to get a jump on the rest of the competition instead of taking the conservative "give him another week" approach and ended up with 126 from Pendles compared to the 87 from Ablett. Being conservative in this game doesn't always get you ahead.

Cripps wasn't dropped. He had a bit of a sore back during the week & club didn't want to risk him, especially on a long flight to Perth and back. He'll be back this week for sure, as it isn't anything serious.
Hope that's why he was crap in round 1 and that he can bounce back with a rest after a good preseason

Have you also got Cripps in your side?

I have to say for my 2nd trade it's between KK to Smith and Cripps to Rich. 1 less midfield rookie if I start Rich but Smith looks like a gun defender. Decisons decisions.

I do have Cripps, but I managed to get most of the good rookies in my round 1 team so no need for corrective trades on that front as I can cover it for now in hope that he gets back into the team and if he doesn't at least he won't depreciate while I wait for a new rookie to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back