Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ a very popular IN this week. He's suited to this fast break NBA style game the Dogs like but I'd like to see him go against some quality teams before seriously considering him. Could end up being a burn man if he starts getting opposition tag.
Who would you consider to be a safer bet around the same price range?
I'm drawing a blank...I gave it a 2nd thought before bringing him in against the Hawks but he looks for mine a genuine keeper now.

JJ a very popular IN this week. He's suited to this fast break NBA style game the Dogs like but I'd like to see him go against some quality teams before seriously considering him.

Dogs have hawks this week but then an easy fortnight with the blues and lions.. JJ could go through the roof

If Rich does play (has been called a 50/50) and scores poorly again or a 90+ what would you do in each situation? I was thinking of trading him to Fyfe.

JJ a very popular IN this week. He's suited to this fast break NBA style game the Dogs like but I'd like to see him go against some quality teams before seriously considering him. Could end up being a burn man if he starts getting opposition tag.
I'd be very surprised if he just let him go at his own this Sunday, i think a shields/smith type will try and make him accountable.

+1.

If Rich does play (has been called a 50/50) and scores poorly again or a 90+ what would you do in each situation? I was thinking of trading him to Fyfe.
As a Rich owner, I choose him in full knowledge that it would be a bumpy ride. He will string good scoring games in succession and poor scoring games in succession. Hopefully with added midfield time he averages in the high 80s and I'm confident he will be a useful f6 for his starting price. If he scores poorly again this week, he will drop a bit of value this week, then have a massive breakeven as the 100 he scored in rd1 will be out of the 3 game average, so if you want to trade him, I think this week would be the time to do so.

Barlow is probably gone for Fapley.

I will keep Rocky, and may keep Gresh too.

There will be a few rookies coming up soon.

Trouble is if I cull Barlow for Faps, combined with the 30K I have in the bank, it will give me only 430K. I can only upgrade Gresh to a non primo, a la Sloane, Cripps, Neale or TMitch. Not a great trade, or I can get Libba. Decisions decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you consider to be a safer bet around the same price range?
I'm drawing a blank...I gave it a 2nd thought before bringing him in against the Hawks but he looks for mine a genuine keeper now.

Based on favorable upcoming draw @ Etihad he's still the best 'current' choice by far at his price. Worth a punt but I like to see a larger sample before jumping on a trend pick.

You can never had too many trades, but a few years ago it was 24 trades for the year so most seasoned veterans throw 30 around like confetti by comparison.

In reality the extra trades just give us all 6 more chances at doing something stupid.

So to answer your question, at the end of the year you'll probably regret making 'non essential' trades now... But don't worry too much, you'll probably feel that way no matter what you do. :)

A decent way of calculating is looking at your starting team (not bench) and whoever you are currently starting but dont want them in your 'final' team- allocate 2 trades.
Then allow for 6ish? trades for long term injuries / suspensions and see where you are at.
Thanks for the insight mate

I'm keeping Barlow for at least another week. I have to get Howe out of my backline so I downgraded Dahlhaus to Hall and upgraded Howe to Johannisen. Already have Libba, Adams and Dunkley and another Bulldog would be too many.
Not too many when winning, maybe Essendon players when losing.

Based on favorable upcoming draw @ Etihad he's still the best 'current' choice by far at his price. Worth a punt but I like to see a larger sample before jumping on a trend pick.
Makes sense mate.
Normally my correction trades are saved for rookies, this year I've got most of them right however I had Sheridan and Barlow as prospective keepers.

I've made a correctional trade of Sheridan + Barlow for JJ and Libba.
Do you think this is a waste?

For mine, JJ should be on average a much higher scorer, Libba is more a sure thing than Barlow so its win/win imo.

would you move a Brownlow medallist forward so Barlow could play mid?
yes because I'm a nice guy and I think it's barlows turn for a crack at the Brownlow. :drunk::D.
Speaking of cracks Barlow still has that odd problem of his jumper constantly riding up his back. :confused:

Makes sense mate.
Normally my correction trades are saved for rookies, this year I've got most of them right however I had Sheridan and Barlow as prospective keepers.

For mine, JJ should be on average a much higher scorer, Libba is more a sure thing than Barlow so its win/win imo.
Good trades. I've never been a Barlow fan so going to Libba is a no brainer.

Makes sense mate.

If your rookies are good and you have the luxury to do so I think it's a couple of the best of trades to make...
JJ + Libba = better scoring for less $$
win/win

Agreed.
Barlow > JJ for whatever reason reminds me of the famous Broughton > Dempsey trade that a heap of silly SCers (myself included) did in round 3, 2012

That is my only conundrum this week.

Robbie Gray and 62k knowing he will be a keeper

Jj and 230k HOPiNG he will be a keeper

At the moment I have the jj option solely bc that 230k means I can get gray in soon anyway, whereas the 62k kind of leaves my in no man's land.

But I agree 100%, it would be nice to hold off on grabbing jj until we have had a bit more of a sample size. Problem is his price will be well up on what it is now by then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back