Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a massive dilemma.

Guaranteed I want WHE in as I see him as a must have. I'm looking to chop Roughy as I think Steele has more upside long-term.

My second trade has me going back and forth.

I'm quite disappointed in JOM's output thus far. I understand he is still working up to fitness, but that isn't the issue. It's moreso his inability to convert his disposals into points. He gets 36 disposals, yet fails to not just crack 100, but 90! On top of that he doesn't look to have the same dash or confidence running and carrying as he once did since his knee issues,

Whilst elsewhere the other candidate I had in his place all pre-season (yet took out at the last second) in Murphy is tearing it up. Scoring 138, and now a 130, I can't help but kick myself. I actually preferred Murphy over JOM, but his poor JLT (which meant nothing as it turned out) had me looking more favourably towards JOM. Seeing Murphy live today and he was EVERYWHERE, leading by example and looked in the best form i've seen him.

WHAT DO I DO? HEEEEELP!

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.42.22 PM.jpg

Would love WHE, but would take trading Taranto / Swallow. Haven't been able to justify it to myself just yet though

Going to keep Steele. Wasn't on the ground much in the first half, plus had a couple of dodgy free kicks paid against him. 3rd best Saint after half time so I read. Got nearly 50 points in the 2nd half. He'll be better back at Docklands v the Lions.

Who I want out:
Taranto, Pickett, Mountford, Hanners

Who I want in:
WHE, Houston we have a problem a sexy problem and....
Marc Bloody Murphy

FINK what to do after that.

Recent history suggests Murphy wont be a top 8 mid at the end of the season.

Only at the expense of Steele

Meaning Hannan/Butler/Eddy at F6

Is it worth it?

No way.
You are trading out a 350k player for a 210k player who will then make money to about 380k-400k and then trade him out. So 2 trades to go from possible keeper(Steele) to stepping stone(WHE), Steele will prob score more anyway.

Take Nank keep Steele if that means no WHE then so be it, get Houston instead if named as JS should be good if he gets picked for showdown (and you dont have)

Ok, I have a massive dilemma.

Guaranteed I want WHE in as I see him as a must have. I'm looking to chop Roughy as I think Steele has more upside long-term.

My second trade has me going back and forth.

I'm quite disappointed in JOM's output thus far. I understand he is still working up to fitness, but that isn't the issue. It's moreso his inability to convert his disposals into points. He gets 36 disposals, yet fails to not just crack 100, but 90! On top of that he doesn't look to have the same dash or confidence running and carrying as he once did since his knee issues,

Whilst elsewhere the other candidate I had in his place all pre-season (yet took out at the last second) in Murphy is tearing it up. Scoring 138, and now a 130, I can't help but kick myself. I actually preferred Murphy over JOM, but his poor JLT (which meant nothing as it turned out) had me looking more favourably towards JOM. Seeing Murphy live today and he was EVERYWHERE, leading by example and looked in the best form i've seen him.

WHAT DO I DO? HEEEEELP!

View attachment 352912
Just looking at your team, you like take risks for rewards. So go for it. Personally, i think JOM will be ok. But, roughy can go. I'm 50/50 on trading out roughy

Just looking at your team, you like take risks for rewards. So go for it. Personally, i think JOM will be ok. But, roughy can go. I'm 50/50 on trading out roughy

You referring to the 'risks' being Jones, Witts, Steele? All calculated risks, I never take an outright risk.

Jones was on the back of his strong showing in the JLT playing as a pure mid. Witts was due to his ability to score well as the first ruck, and using him as a playing cashcow in light of there being no decent rookie cashcows. Whilst Steele was probably the biggest risk, but has shown he can rack up the pill and is on the right career timeline to explode as a SC star.

I think JOM will probably average around 90, but even looking at his history at the GC he failed to crack a decent score of 100+ on many occasions. I think I overestimated his scoring ability, and altered game style since his injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Taranto is about to come good; I really wanna get WHE into my team but Taranto is the only player around that price I can burn to bring him in. Not sure it's worth it just yet

Same I only got 10k in bank taranto to whe sounds logic but will he maintain his form atm

Anybody tempted by Clayton Oliver?

My Sunday night madness trades look something like this:

OUT:

Hannebery
Pickett

IN:

Oliver
WHE

Of course I'll probably get too scared and reverse it, but a man can dream can't he?

Ryder out. Oliver in. Problem is that Oliver is my m6, Omeara is my m7 and Swallow m8

Apparently Houston and Eddy may be out next week as Hartlett and Pittard will return. Port fans may know more but will definitely affect a lot of people's teams
Eddy's my F8. He can stay, even if he doesn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back