Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing .....same insult to Collingwood supporters :p .....just stated in a different fashion :p

We won't get into the typical stereotype Adelaide Crow Supporter :'(

FruitTingles.jpg

I just read through the last few pages. RE: Ryder V. Nank.

I have 4 rucks on the field; Sandi, Witts, Ryder and Nank. All four players will increase in value* and some are perform exceptionally well due to new club, return from injury, etc.

The question of who has performed better after 2 weeks is not very pertinent. A keeper is a player who plays consistently well for at least the first 10 rounds.
The focus should be on best trade to the best fallen premo, and then compare Nank/Ryder to that.

Ryder is a better ruck, and better around the ground than Nank. This should result in a higher end of season average. But this is only important if you will keep one of the two.

The best player out of someone like Ryder Vs. Bank is the fallen premium who averages more after the bye rounds

This week: Bowes to WHE. I will think about a corrective trade for balance (running 2-0-6 Def) to resolve an underperforming mid

The question is whether we chase past points & whether they're likely to continue the run ? ......i wrestle with that question a lot ....but don't think i can ignore WHE's big upcoming price increase, even though the score was flattered by 3 goals
Problem is I'll have to downgrade to do that, so unless I get any injuries im just going to keep my premos as they are. But it is worth considering, especially WHE.

Mills is frustrating me. Was gonna trade down to ZJones but not sure! Keeping with the Swans, perhaps do a further trade down to Newman?!!
Will Mills' scores swing the other way?

Same (except I wasn't, and won't be considering Jones). Most of my mid-pricers are traveling okay but Mills' scoring is a worry at this stage. Not sure what I'll do yet, it'll depend on some rookie scores over the next round or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awkward 80 odd from Roughy, trade out or not?

Yeah, a toughie. Would have preferred he got about 60 today to make the decision easier. Yet, to get 80 from the little he did shows that he can score.

Currently leaning towards holding (maybe even for just the 1 week price rise), but it will depend on if I need the money... & what Taranto does today.

I can see cash generation is going to be a major issue for me (and a lot of us this year).
Haven't traded for round 2 yet but currently have the following rookies

Def: Stewart Hampton Otten Smith
Mid: SPP Bowes SPS Barrett Hibberd
R: Cameron
Fwd: Houston Turner Pickett Parfitt Eddy

Other than SPP there are not a lot of gun rookies in there likely to get to 350-400k quickly before they top out.
SPS and Pickett have good job security as they are in a poor side but they will be slow burn, Houston looks good but I am still worried they will drop him for Pittard when fit. Eddy has already been dropped. Parfitt probably gets 3-4 weeks now Cockatoo is injured but I can't see him scoring that well. Eddy has already been dropped. Barrett and Bowes will score ok without doing anything great. Hibberd has little use other than DPP. Stewart has good job security but I'm only expecting 50-60s from him and unsure on Otten and Hampton. I have 300k spare so I can do a straight upgrade now but I can see cash generation around the byes will be a problem without some rookies that make money quicker.

With that in mind I think I will go Smith > Hannan this week (watch Hannan get dropped for Kent next week once I do this) and next week 2 of Pickett/Parfitt/Eddy/SPS to WHE and Butler probably. I don't actually really rate either WHE or Butler but both look like good cash generators for the next 6-8 weeks and I need that.

Definitely upgrading a dud rookie to WHE. Probably hibbered. Waiting on Roughead, shouldn't lose value, so will likely hold for a few weeks to see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back