Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch and Ross were massive tonight against the Suns talented midfield. They won us the game in the middle when it was there to be won. Clark wasn’t too shabby either in the contest!

Combined for 64 disposals, Ross and Crouch did.

Crouch keeping up with his own stretch of quality form. 34 disposals, 8 tackles. His consistency is remarkable.

We had a whopping 122 more disposals and a better disposal efficiency.
Also 15 marks inside 50 to 3
Huge kudos to the backline on a superb job and thank God the long bomb into the forward line looks to be the exception instead of the rule!

I reckon it's probably fair to say that Ben Long's performance didn't do a lot to justify some of the melts about trading him out for a 2nd.

Crouch and Ross were massive tonight against the Suns talented midfield. They won us the game in the middle when it was there to be won. Clark wasn’t too shabby either in the contest!

Combined for 64 disposals.

Crouch keeping up with his own stretch of quality form. 34 disposals, 8 tackles. His consistency is remarkable.
Brad Crouch had 7 touches in the first half and 27 in the 2nd

Crazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's probably fair to say that Ben Long's performance didn't do a lot to justify some of the melts about trading him out for a 2nd.
Loved the way Long went about it but couldn’t get my head around fans not being ecstatic about getting a 2nd rounder for him let alone disappointed

Gees Owens, save some NAB AFL Rising Star Nomination Round 4 2023 for the rest of us:

2 goals
27 disposals
19 contested possessions (game high)
5 marks
4 contested marks (game high)
2 inside 50s
310 metres gained
2 goal assists
2 behinds
4 tackles
3 hit outs
111 AFL fantasy points
Hit outs against actual (young but still full size) ruckmen

Crouch and Ross were massive tonight against the Suns talented midfield. Mega third qtrs for the both of them.

Combined for 64 disposals.

Goes unnoticed , he is a A - grader - I don't care what anybody says - he has been doing it since he came to us and was doing the same for the Crows.

Mentioned it in the game day thread but gotta call it out again, Byrnes was incredibly vocal on the bench and on the ground. He’s had a great run of form, super fit and involved, and a leader despite being one of our younger players.

Perhaps unsurprising, given he was the skipper for Sandy dragons, but glad to see its coming to fruition on a weekly basis at the highest level.

Gees Owens, save some NAB AFL Rising Star Nomination Round 4 2023 for the rest of us:

2 goals
27 disposals
19 contested possessions (game high)
5 marks
4 contested marks (game high)
2 inside 50s
310 metres gained
2 goal assists
2 behinds
4 tackles
3 hit outs
111 AFL fantasy points
I think he was paying close to 70 bucks when I put money on him a few weeks back

Normally like to pick out a few stand outs to write about but feel as though I could give every campaigner a mention tonight

Best game Owens has played for the club. Looks like a 100 game player. 19 contested possessions is probably the stand out stat, what an effort

Marshall was dominant

Clark was terrific. His first half especially set it up. You could look at his contested numbers and clearances and would think he played a full game on ball

Crouch was great in the 2nd half after a quiet start

Higgins is a star

Sinclair on his way to another AA

NWM has gone to another level. He’s completely lost that panic he had with the footy and not chewing off too much

Stocker will play a lot of footy for this club. Heart and would player and composed with the footy. Reminded me of Luke Hodge

Gresh has really not got going this year. If that eventually happens we can go to another level
Thought Gresh was good Espescially during the panic

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back