Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked that I live in SA and have tickets to the Gather Round next weekend. I’ll get to see Owens in the flesh

The only downside to tongiht was Bytel getting injured and the travesty that is Paddy McCartin. It’s honestly a disgrace the AFL let him continue his career after what he suffered with us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Byrnes highest ranked average speed in defence, and in attack (excluding Bytel)

interesting GC players filled out the rest of the top 5 for speed in attack, and all saints in speed in defense.

General tracking stats GC actually matched us, but we put in the work AND were clean with it, which is what we didnt do for the last 5 years for our "work hard teams"

hit a new level

I reckon it's probably fair to say that Ben Long's performance didn't do a lot to justify some of the melts about trading him out for a 2nd.

Not his fault, Dewy is using him much like Richo did and stack HBF and have a wander lad. That man needs direction and unfortunately for him Dewy be hungry and ate all the directions to gain knowledge he'll never use.

Also not much he could have done against the beast that was Mitchito, man could take the entire Suns outfit he was possessed.

First quarter was flat.
Come early in the second we lifted and the sun's couldn't handle it.
My comments from the game largely surround the 2nd quarter as the game was over 5 mins into the 3rd quarter.
Wood is elite and must be tough as nails to see him get up and play. He was pivotal in the 2nd.
Sinclair in the guts in the 2nd helped change the tide, he will probably not make AA as a mid, but geeze he helped shift momentum. Easily our best and most important player.
Cordy played a defensive role on Collins in the 2nd that didn't go unnoticed, and rucked after Marshall got subbed. Big tick.
Nas needs to work on the defensive side of his game.
Brynes has something about him, can see him being 100+ game sainter.
Battle still does things that ticks me off but he did some very handy things tonight.
Seb looks hungry and fit.
Paton getting back to pre injury quality, slowly.
Howard isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Wouldn't be chucking the hairy cheque book at Bing, kid looks a shadow of his former self at present.
Big game next week against the wobbles.
Go saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* smashed

What a group of young men we have to cheer on every weekend boys and girls

They're not just good footballers but they seem like good campaigners.

The young blokes of Owens, Windy, Nas all seem like good eggs. The photos of Owens with his mates last weekend celebrating. He might go hard as anyone when the game is in play, but seems like a good campaigner off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back