Prediction Round 4, 2024: Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans are a step about the Dogs. Their game is such that we don't need more kids in. We have to be patient and realistic, a core of experience (it is what it is) and kids spread around them. Today was no worse that the past two games - no poise under pressure - but that is kids - and we get crucified for it as we will by the Swans.

Last edited:
FB: Cole Barrass Jamieson
HB: Duggan McGovern Witherden
C: Hough Yeo Hunt
HF: Long Waterman Ginbey
F: Petch J Williams Rawlinson
R: B Williams Kelly Reid

I: Dewar L Edwards Darling Cripps
Sub Johnson

won’t matter who we put on the field Sydney will thump us

There's so many players that get a game simply because there is nobody to replace them. Cole, Jones (noting it was his first game he was not even WAFL standard), Long and Darling should all be out as they not only did nothing vs Bulldogs they haven't done anything all year so far. Embarrassing list management that it has come to this.

Only way to help our club is to boycott the home games. It's counter intuitive I know but your $$ doesn't help repair our club. Let Optus stand empty and the AFL might be forced to address this crisis significantly of its making. Spend your money and watch a stadium be built in Tasmania and a team with 10 WA early draftees.

How does that work when 50,000 seats have been pre-sold to members?

They’ve already got our money.

That the whole point. They have to understand that scenario of a full house can't be taken for granted.

They’ve been playing in front of half-full to two-thirds full stadiums since Covid restrictions eased. There’s still a waiting list for memberships.

It really is deck chairs on the titanic stuff atm but surely there has to be some repercussions for poor performance.

JJ was horrendous today after being horrible last week, Long has been miles off it this year, Darling looks cooked but the injury to Jake probably saves him.

If we are after something from the back half why cant we play Harley there?

In Dewar Johnston Witho LEdwards (from Sub but please play him in the centre square)
Out: Brockman Waterman JJ Long

IN: Gaff, Johnston, Barnett, Rawlinson, Dewar
OUT : Brockman, JJ, J.Williams, Maric, Chesser

FB: Cole, Jamieson, Hough
HB: Barass, McGovern, Duggan
C: Gaff, Kelly, Hunt
HF: Cripps, Darling, Rawlinson
FF: Long, Waterman, Petrucelle
C: Barnett, Reid, Yeo
I/C: Ginbey, Johnston, Dewar, B.Williams : Edwards

• Need a actual winger. If its Gaff then that is Simmos fault, not anyone elses. We should have a better option for that spot.
  • Playing 1794 tall forwards last week didnt work well so lets just play some pace up front instead. Feel that forward outside of well Darling will be able to apply some pressure atleast
  • Ginbey to ease his way into the midfield rotation later on in the game. First half id play him with second tier mids and Reid to run around with the top tier ones instead.
  • Jamieson to play true FB and Barass to drift up the ground more
  • Hough to spend time on the wing and swap with Hunt
  • Barnett to be 1st choice ruck so we can win some proper hitouts to advantage I hope

It will be a 20 goal thrashing in the sense I dont think we will win the clearance battle vs Sydney like we did vs Doggies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one thing to subject yourself to watching us play footy. It's another thing entirely to do it sober. Kudos, sir.
The only way I could get tix was through a swans member mate and his 2 little kids so I better behave.

They're at that yappy "Why are Eagles so bad" age

I just straight bat and say "you weren't even alive when you're team won a flag bro"

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

IN: Rawlinson
OUT: Brockman

I'd love to get Johnston in there but it really does seem like circle work dropping Edwards who was the sub and came on and had 7 touches and 4 tackles in a bit over a quarter, when Chesser had 7 touches 0 tackles for the whole game.

Not sure what to do there. Other side of the coin is play Edwards for a whole game like last week and he could get 12 touches again.

Feel like one of them has to make way.

In a perfect world Culley and Ryan would play WAFL but these 2 probably double our score straight away playing and i fear 100 pt plus walloping vs Swans if we don't get these 2 in.. Culley back from ACL, play him in like Mihocek. Will be better than J Williams, Darling and Waterman currently in the fwd line.

In's
Hall, Johnston, Rawlinson, Culley, Ryan

Out's
Darling, JJ, Brockman, Edwards, Jameson
Simmo was fairly explicit in the presser that they wont make the mistake of rushing in underdone players this year and the likes of Sheed and Ryan will be doing a week or two of WAFL before coming in.

Out- Brockman, Maric, Chesser
In- Johnston, Rawlinson,Rotham

Cole- Barrass- Jamieson
Hunt - Gov- Duggan
Long - Yeo - Hough
Cripps - Williams - Petrucelle
Waterman - Darling - Rawlinson
Williams - Kelly - Reid
Ginbey - Rotham - Johnston - Jones
Sub- Edwards

Time to push Long and Hough to the wings. I think this is where we really are falling down. Rawlinson at home and 3 goals and pressures.

Brockman has returned home as he won’t play due to his concussion

Rotham has been flown over to join the squad

Relax

The cavalry has arrived

Geez, obviously WAFL performances don’t mean much because he was ordinary.

Is it just Rotham that’s gone over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back