Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful selections as usual. Only ones in the chopping block are all the young guys pushing for spot on the 8 man bench. Obviously blames young players for performance last week backed up by Duggan and Allan in what they were saying as well. We deserve to get thrashed again with all our talls as I believe Jack Williams comes in for Flynn to help Bailey.

Geez...Simpson just doesn't change does he.

Every other club would drop players after that performance but Simpson just won't.

True to form saying it takes 3 or 4 bad games to get dropped but in saying that he's saying all players have been having good games and still land of the giants forward line.

He's such a pussy.

No Gaff is one thing, darling being propped up week after week when he is contributing nothing shows selection integrity just doesn’t exist at this club and hasn’t for years.

No penalty for under performing names, no reward for effort or performance at wafl level for anyone outside of the forced changed of jack Williams who shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place.

The sooner Simpson is turfed out the better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Darling’s adding plenty, but is probably due a rest or a permanent demotion now that Oscar is back. Melbourne in Melbourne probably not the week for it, but it’s a flat misrepresentation to say that Darling hasn’t been an asset this year.

Keep grinding the axe.

They really love Hutchinson. After kicking five goals on debut for the Beagles he’s had three straight games where he’s barely had a possession, but they keep picking him.
Its not 'they' - it's Simpson. I remember hearing Hardie a few weeks ago mention there was some internal tension within Match Comittee because Simpson was so adamant on giving Hutchinson a run after one game at WAFL. He's got a love affair with him for some reason.

Kinda baffled at Hutch getting named. Would prefer to see Dewar again or Hall get a go.
The great balls up of the year was not giving dewar a decent go as he showed a lot early in the year. 1 touch player and good skills something which simmo detests

Ahh, yes, yet again the MCC not holding anyone accountable.
This has been going on for 3-4 years now.

What a fantastic message this is sending to the younger group.
No culture of accountability, and clear double standards.

Why would the youth bother trying to improve if the same team is picked every week? If youre in Simmo's green book, youll never be dropped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair we're not certain on what changes are actually going to occur just yet - they could possibly drop 4 players from the field and those 4 young blokes come in.

On the other hand it was an opportunity to make a statement regarding under performing players and omit them early.

Oh well, just wait and see. 🤷‍♂️

Darling’s adding plenty, but is probably due a rest or a permanent demotion now that Oscar is back. Melbourne in Melbourne probably not the week for it, but it’s a flat misrepresentation to say that Darling hasn’t been an asset this year.

Keep grinding the axe.

Nah, keep holding on. He is as finished as any player on our list is at this stage and he should have been taken out the back at the end of last year and given the same treatment gaff has…. I think we can replace darlings 2 Marks and ten possession a week games easily enough..

Nah, keep holding on. He is as finished as any player on our list is at this stage and he should have been taken out the back at the end of last year and given the same treatment gaff has…. I think we can replace darlings 2 Marks and ten possession a week games easily enough..

It’s not SuperCoach, and I’d be happy to see him replaced permanently by JWill from now on, but again - flat misrepresentation of what Darling has added this year.

Have nothing against Johnston or Hutchinson for that matter but I can’t see how they are picked on form before Hall and Trew.

Simpson definitely has his favourites and his non favourites. Some can bust their guts in the twos to no effect while others get picked on what exactly.

Ahh, yes, yet again the MCC not holding anyone accountable.
This has been going on for 3-4 years now.

What a fantastic message this is sending to the younger group.
No culture of accountability, and clear double standards.

Why would the youth bother trying to improve if the same team is picked every week? If youre in Simmo's green book, youll never be dropped!
And, conversely, if you are in his black or red book you will never be picked. I think some, like Burgiel, have given up.

This is not a cycling through the list to see what is there, I don’t know what it is.

We need a new coach badly.

Keep grinding the axe.

Hard to see how he is 'adding plenty'. Statistically speaking, it's his worst season. Ever. Including his debut year. He's averaging less than 10 disposals a game, and kicking marginally more than a single goal per game. For a key forward with almost 300 games experience, that's abysmal. If we lacked forward options, it might make some sense to keep playing him. But forwards are one of the few positions were we have plenty of options.

He's being carried to 300 games and it's a joke. The milestone means nothing if you don't earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back