Preview Round 4: Richmond V Melbourne "ANZAC Day Eve" @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 24/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaplin has been good this year and is a big out. We will struggle without him.
Sorry mate I respect your opinion just like the other posters who have mentioned Chaplin is a big out, but from my point of view he has had a shocking start to the year and I could not be more pleased with his omission. I have never seen more half hearted attempts at tackles and lack of awareness from such an experienced player. He is pathetic 1 on 1, and is just as useless as a third man up as evidenced against the Bulldogs where he had a clear run at the ball, went straight through his hands hitting him in the face, and bouncing into stringers hands for an open goal. Unnaceptable. All he does is 'guard space', no intensity, no hardness for such a big man.
I think you will find our defence will function a lot better tonight.

richvmelb.jpg

Someone please explain to me how our team looks worse on paper, i would love to hear these explanations.

No doubt they have a couple of young guns like Tyson, Salem, Hogan, etc

But as far as silk goes, we have more of it imo. Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Edwards, Ellis, Rance, Houli.

Come on guys, if we are serious we should be winning this by 3-4 goals.

View attachment 127269

Someone please explain to me how our team looks worse on paper, i would love to hear these explanations.

But as far as silk goes, we have more of it imo. Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Edwards, Ellis, Rance, Houli.

On paper yes. I can't just shake a bad feeling I have. I think it's Paul Roos. He always seems to be able to get over us.

On paper yes. I can't just shake a bad feeling I have. I think it's Paul Roos. He always seems to be able to get over us.

I dont disagree with that, but im just asking why so many posters were saying we look worse on paper. We clearly dont.

Why is it that I am more confident against teams like Adelaide, Port, Essendon and even Sydney than teams like Bulldogs, Melbourne and Gold Coast? Honestly, this is the game that Richmond would traditionally lose. You know, Friday night marquee game at the MCG with many watching us play against an average team that has not played on Friday night since 2012 and having everyone watching Richmond to see whether they have taken the next step. Textbook Richmond loss

We will see tonight if things have changed. I am more confident about the game now that they have said that it may rain today. From my observation in recent years, Richmond capitulate less than their opposition in the rain most games and snatch the win.

I think Richmond by 12 points tonight to make it 3-1. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Richmond lose though, but we will have to wait and see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone call the Vic weather bureau and tell them that the sky is blue and the sun is shining :drunk:

We dont want rain now, we want it at 7:50

View attachment 127269

Can I tell you at about 10.30pm?

Is that cause you think we are a better chance in the dry or you don't want to get wet?

Well I don't wanna get wet ;)

Don't actually mind though. Footy is always better in dry conditions but as long as it's not pouring down I dont care

Ben Lennon slotting his 1st was one of the highlights of 2014.
Watching that game again reminds me how weak as piss the Tiges can be.
Honestly, if they pull that same sh*t out again tonight, I'm gunna do an Elvis and put a shot through the TV screen

Someone call the Vic weather bureau and tell them that the sky is blue and the sun is shining :drunk:
Groupie you are a Merlbourne resident? You do know the old but still very true saying "if you don't like the weather in Melbourne, wait 15 minutes"?

Sorry mate I respect your opinion just like the other posters who have mentioned Chaplin is a big out, but from my point of view he has had a shocking start to the year and I could not be more pleased with his omission. I have never seen more half hearted attempts at tackles and lack of awareness from such an experienced player. He is pathetic 1 on 1, and is just as useless as a third man up as evidenced against the Bulldogs where he had a clear run at the ball, went straight through his hands hitting him in the face, and bouncing into stringers hands for an open goal. Unnaceptable. All he does is 'guard space', no intensity, no hardness for such a big man.
I think you will find our defence will function a lot better tonight.

i actually disagree. Chaplin is our chief organiser down back much like Maxwell was cor collingwood. He sets up our defence and allow Rance and Astbury to play their role. i am happy to be shown differently but he is a super important player to us in terms of structure, leadership and organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back