Round 4: St Kilda v Fremantle including Live Chat from 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

So to sum this all up;

Saints only lost due to the umpires and not due to skill errors or stupid mistakes in the forward 50.

No doubt we did make plenty of mistakes. But as discussed in depth this morning on SEN the umpires turned a blind eye to many infringements that cost StKilda goals.

Freo did the important things better in the second half and they took their chances, Jack's mark and goal, mzungu's goal, hill kicked some great passes, MJ in defense etc

Now us Freo fans are more surprised than anyone that it happened. That Freo came out after half time (in Melboune) playing the better footy and didn't crumble in the 4th sounds odd to us too but claiming the umps stole the game off the better side is still sooking :) *

That would have to be one of the worst games of football for the season so far. Skills were shocking - lost count of the number of missed targets. Both teams would have to improve significantly to make an impression in the finals.

Hold on a minute there. I don't usually mind the ump's, you get a few fifty-fifty's then fair enough.

However, I expect, that if you pay a free kick at one side of the ground for a certain incident, then the same should be paid throughout the night. You've now set the standard/precedent.

Freo got a free and got a 50m penalty in their forward line in the 1st quarter from memory (which tbh, is never paided), yet we didn't get it when Goddard got tackled to the ground after the mark. Now, you can't say that was "fair" at all.

For some context, Freo did not score any goals from free kicks or 50m penalties last night. St Kilda scored two.

2 Goals can be made up with poor umpiring thats how many you kicked until 3/4 time.

By the way SEN this morning had a 15 min bitch about the frees missed to StKilda lucky they werent taking callers.

Stop the presses! The Victorian-based radio station said that the umpires preferred the non-Victorian team to their local Victorian team! That must have really angered their listeners.

For some context, Freo did not score any goals from free kicks or 50m penalties last night. St Kilda scored two.

mmm, not a lot of that on here it seems.

They way I read this is wa wa wa, we was robbed. Freo only won because they were gifted the goals by the umpires., and yet, it seems this is wrong.

How bizarre lol.

The victim mentality lives on and here I was thinking that was all Lyons fault and yet it appears not to be.

No doubt we did make plenty of mistakes. But as discussed in depth this morning on SEN the umpires turned a blind eye to many infringements that cost StKilda goals.

come back when after an 'in depth' investigation, the AFL have stepped in and awarded all 4 points to the Saints. Like what happens when a team is actually robbed ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only complain about the umpiring when it is justified and twice this season we have been screwed by incompetent umpiring, against Port and Freo.

Did you actually watch the game last night? Did you hear the Ch.7 commentators mention how unlucky we were not to get free kicks several times?

Leigh Matthews say that when Dawson got a free kick in the last quarter that St Kilda should have got half a dozen frees for the same thing?

By the way a number of neutral supporters have said we got shafted by the umpires last night, not just Saints supporters.

If you want to be another nuffie that is happy to bury their head in the sand about the pathetic standard of AFL umpiring at the moment then be my guest but don't go complaining when it costs your team a win.

You complain about umpiring all the time. I watched the last three terms. My point is you complain about it ad nausea and weather or not it was bad last night is irrelevant because you NEVER EVER shut the fook up about it in these threads or the st kildas game threads.

You are the very definition of a sook.

I only complain about the umpiring when it is justified and twice this season we have been screwed by incompetent umpiring, against Port and Freo.

You mean the two games you lost?

Starting to see a pattern here :eek: When you win, it's fine but if you lose, the umpiring is shit. Geez you're embarrasing.

It will get embarrassing if we get to play you with umpires that aren't giving you an armchair ride like they did last night.

We were the better team last night and you know it, just like Geelong in Rd.1, shithouse biased umpiring has made Freo look better than they are.

Can't wait to see you purple clowns exposed on the big stage with neutral umpires.

I realise you think all that is true, but really, it isn't. You'll enjoy football much more if you relax and open both your eyes.
That was the big stage, it was Friday night on your home ground with your home crowd.
Umpires are neutral, that's what they get paid for. Sometimes they make mistakes but they don't actively try to influence games to suit some mysterious AFL agenda they are given.
You win some you lose some. Lighten up. It's not a conspiracy, it's a game.

Love how you keep bringing up the Dal Santo holding the ball when you clearly hear the umpire tell him, 'You didn't make an effort to dispose of it'. It had nothing to do with him not having prior opportunity.

Please explain what attempt the Freo player made in the last five minutes when he was tackled in our goalsquare by Jones. He placed the ball on the ground with one hand. That's a free no argument can be made other than bias.

Please explain what attempt the Freo player made in the last five minutes when he was tackled in our goalsquare by Jones. He placed the ball on the ground with one hand. That's a free no argument can be made other than bias.

Learn the rules mate, the ball fell out of his hand in the tackle and he had no prior opportunity to dispose of it legally. If that's a free, there would be a hundred of them every quarter.

Learn the rules mate, the ball fell out of his hand in the tackle and he had no prior opportunity to dispose of it legally. If that's a free, there would be a hundred of them every quarter.

He was tackled and made no attempt but let it drop out of his hand. The ball wasn't knocked out the player let it go. It's a free every day of the week.

He was tackled and made no attempt but let it drop out of his hand. The ball wasn't knocked out the player let it go. It's a free every day of the week.

Lol sorry, made no attempt? he was locked in the tackle, no attempt could be made. It would only be a free if he threw the ball, dropping has never been a free if you don't have prior. Happens every two seconds in stoppage situations it's nothing new.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4: St Kilda v Fremantle including Live Chat from 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back