Review Round 4 - Western Sydney @ Mt. Barker - 7th April 2024 - 12:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what others think but it feels like we actually have a chance now that we know Witts will be playing. That's how important he is IMO. Guessing Bailey will play as well so we're essentially going to be rolling out a full strength line up minus Weller.

Hopefully the boys learned a lot from the pre-season game against the Giants and show up to play for four quarters this time.
Glad you're confident....becaue I'm not. They are the best side so far in 2024 and we're back in the middle of the pack. Hope you're right but won't be betting on it.

I always feel that Witts gets a bath by ruckman like Briggs. If they are big and aggressive they seem to get the better of him.

GWS mids are also a lot faster out of clearances. Gonna take a big effort to even try and match them there. Because that’s where we’ve been done the last few times. And we all know if our mids get beaten, our team gets beaten.
Exactly how I feel. Witts struggled against Briggs last year. I wanted Moyle to play and see how he goes. He was far from disgraceful against Bulldogs. GWS midfield spreads beautifully. Great test for Dimma and his plan.

A win over GWS regardless of form at any time will be significant.

For some reason that club always physically bashes us up. It’s quite disturbing.
I don’t think they bash us up. We just can’t stop their spread and run. It’s deadly tsunami, great rebound, every line is loaded. We have to bring great pressure, contest, similar to Tigers vs Swans on weekend. Let’s see how Dimma’s plan stands up. Interestingly, Luko said we have the same plan as GWS.

Last edited:
Been saying for 3 years until we beat port Brisbane and gws we won’t make finals .

Need to find a way to beat these sides.

If we somehow did best gws we got hawks next 4-1 ofttt

I wonder who replaces Ellis this week. Do we go for a similar type like faulkhead or clohesy, a complete different type like read or Lukosius, does ainsworth push up and Rogers plays half fwd? Mt barker oval similar dimensions to the mcg so wingers are really important and Dimma's team has always played the mcg well.

I wonder who replaces Ellis this week. Do we go for a similar type like faulkhead or clohesy, a complete different type like read or Lukosius, does ainsworth push up and Rogers plays half fwd? Mt barker oval similar dimensions to the mcg so wingers are really important and Dimma's team has always played the mcg well.
Nobody replaces Ellis. That’s my guess. In Dimma we trust 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close.. How did you come to that from the jumpers? There was no numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s that time of the week where they announce debutants, and those 3 were close.

Not surprised by Read just thought we had some available tall timber like Mac ready to go

Read in is interesting. Dimma really moving the magnets around to start the season to see what he’s got in the tall department. Worrying for Mac as clearly there is something he’s just not doing that Hardwick wants. Also worrying that the predicted Walter/King/Lukosius forward line obviously isn’t going as the coaches want.

Love Closehy and Graham in. Getting much younger all of a sudden. Would assume that means Bear didn’t get up.

Just want to see us not roll over and let the Giants off with a soft 45-point win. At least make them earn it for once.

So we’re potentially willing to play Read in the ruck but not Mac? Interesting.

Read forward instead of Luko is also definitely a choice. Does give us some proper 200cm height though, but I wouldn’t be happy if I was Luko being pushed out of the forward line for a 1st gamer and a 2nd gamer.

Guess Dimma likes his shiny new toys.

So with Rosas to come in, you’d think that players like Ellis (Closely), Long (Rosas), Casboult (Read) and maybe a Budderick (Graham) might make way.

Well, we’re looking inexperienced now. Average games gonna plummet!

Excited and stoked for the new guys! Hope they all go well.

Bit apprehensive about having 3 debutaunts + Walter in the one team vs a full strength Giants. One hell of an innitiation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 4 - Western Sydney @ Mt. Barker - 7th April 2024 - 12:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back