Review Round 4 - Western Sydney @ Mt. Barker - 7th April 2024 - 12:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I was excited when Hardwick came saying all the right things now it’s looking like being no better off than with dew
Okay slow down champ, Dew arguably wouldn't have made 3 changes after a loss like the one against Bulldogs. Can't keep you lot happy I swear.
Ethan Read is how his name is spelt

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tell that to Tom Morris. Let us know when you do, We'll bring the popcorn.

Who's chopping onions?

So it's looking something like,
Powell Collins uwland
Sexton ballard luko
Clohesy Anderson fiorini
Ainsworth walter swallow( Humphrey)
Rosas King holman
Witts Rowell miller
Graham read Flanders Berry
Sub Budarick

We didn’t bring anyone in besides the kids we drafted. Play them who cares, I’ll tell ya one thing, Adelaide fans would be wishing they had our MC. They will be rotating the same 20-26 players around. Meanwhile we are playing our highly rated kids, in their position.

We aren’t gonna play finals if we keep the same squad

We didn’t bring anyone in besides the kids we drafted. Play them who cares, I’ll tell ya one thing, Adelaide fans would be wishing they had our MC. They will be rotating the same 20-26 players around. Meanwhile we are playing our highly rated kids, in their position.

We aren’t gonna play finals if we keep the same squad
Don't know if i'm having a dumb day but can you clarify the Adelaide wishing they had our MC? thing?

Don't know if i'm having a dumb day but can you clarify the Adelaide wishing they had our MC? thing?

They have a few kids in their reserves who been knocking the door down for a while but they just rotate the same Dmac Sexton Long Lemmens type operators around.

There is a kid called Billy Dowling who got 34 touches and kicked the winner in the SANFL, and he’s yet to be announced as a debutante, when there could be 5+ changes to the side. Instead if fit Sloane would probably come in.

Adelaide basically rebuilt the same time as us 2018-19 and they have maybe only Rachele and Michaelanney as players that are best 22, a lot of unknown because they just never been played when the opportunity was presented. 0-3 surely bring some kids in.

Our kids aren’t really knocking the door down on VFL form since it’s only been 1 round, but their preseason form has been rewarded and it’s something I like to see. 2-1 with GWS and Hawks next let’s see what the kids can do

They have a few kids in their reserves who been knocking the door down for a while but they just rotate the same Dmac Sexton Long Lemmens type operators around.

There is a kid called Billy Dowling who got 34 touches and kicked the winner in the SANFL, and he’s yet to be announced as a debutante, when there could be 5+ changes to the side. Instead if fit Sloane would probably come in.

Adelaide basically rebuilt the same time as us 2018-19 and they have maybe only Rachele and Michaelanney as players that are best 22, a lot of unknown because they just never been played when the opportunity was presented. 0-3 surely bring some kids in.

Our kids aren’t really knocking the door down on VFL form since it’s only been 1 round, but their preseason form has been rewarded and it’s something I like to see. 2-1 with GWS and Hawks next let’s see what the kids can do
Totally understand now

Thanks for explaining in more detail for my still on Easter mode brain.

lol. Crom.

Dimma knows GWS are likely grand finalists, mybe premiers and our recent form against them is dismal, so throwing the kids in and getting them to see what its like up against the best, and hoping that the youthful exuberance could result in miracle.
I actually believe we are starting to see the removal of all the dead wood that has been floating around for years. Dimma may not be expecting major success this year but wants to see what he's got coming through - which should be considered as the future. Probably not even expecting to see a win BUT will want to see improved effort and pressure from kids keener to impress and not just pocketing the week's wages.

Interesting hearing Wayne Campbell on sen saying that will Graham will be used on ball, a bit of wing and maybe a bit at half back. Maybe miller or Anderson are going to be used a bit differently this week to allow another midfield rotation. Also suggested dimma is playing with the magnets a bit to see where players are at. When asked if the cap was too tight to go after recruits he implied that the cap was in a good space and that it is definitely a possibility they could bring someone in if the player fit the need.

Read forward instead of Luko is also definitely a choice. Does give us some proper 200cm height though, but I wouldn’t be happy if I was Luko being pushed out of the forward line for a 1st gamer and a 2nd gamer.

Guess Dimma likes his shiny new toys.
Maybe Dimma feels we're too short and wants to try the twin tower forward line approach of King (202cm) and Read (202cm) ala Hipwood (203cm) and Daniher (201cm) at Brisbane? I've seen a few on this board discuss the King + Luko forward line combination and how they seem to lack a physical presence when it comes to contested situations and one thing I can say with confidence is both Walter and Read are capable of being physical in the contest. Obviously it's not ideal to be playing two 18 year old key forwards, but that doesn't mean they can't have an impact.

Sink or swim stuff from Dimma this week. Essentially telling Jed, Ethan and Will to give him a reason to keep pumping games into them.

Glad you're confident....becaue I'm not. They are the best side so far in 2024 and we're back in the middle of the pack. Hope you're right but won't be betting on it.
Definitely not confident. Even less so now that I know we're playing three debutants. I was just pointing out that I didn't think we could win without Witts. Now we're at the stage where we probably need a miracle to even get close unless something really unexpected happens like it did when Ken Hinkley chose to debut Rozee, Butters and Duursma against a top 4 side and it worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well.. I asked to see the kids. Here it is.

I hope to see King screaming for the football and commiting to more contests. He has to be the leader of our forward line, don't give me that introverted, wave your arms bs. Man up and get to the next contest and fly.

Keen to see ethan it's pronounced read, hopefully he can take some marks down back. It does make me wonder why not Mac but I'm not holding that against effan.

Graham is a damn bolter, I'm a huge wait and see with him but I'm excited and Sam I think is going to do really well, I like he's confidence

Miller to put a hard tag on Tom Green this weekend. Could we see up to 6 changes? Humphrey, Witts, Rosas, Clohesy, Graham and Read?

I think we are getting a preview on my best 23, i was pretty keen to see our new draftees and i understand its alot of kids but we are in a position to play them so lets do it.

B: Uwland Collins Budarick
HB: Lukosius Ballard Powell
C: Fiorini Miller Clohesy
HF: Flanders King Ainsworth
FF: Rosas Walter Read
R: Witts Anderson Rowell

I: Graham Humphrey Holman Berry (Sexton sub)

Would like Mac & Weller in, and if Jeffrey ever progressed i would like him at Half back. Rogers

Luko, Powell add the nice exit kicks, Wingers are refreshed, Clohesy & Graham to add some speed and ball use.

Alot of forward pressure to complete our talls.

Witts - Moyle
Rosas - Long
Casboult - Read
Atkins - Graham
Uwland - Clohesy
Holman - Humphrey

That’s my guess. I reckon Ellis goes to halfback and Swallow keeps his spot. Have to go in with one of Swallow or Ellis at least
Sometimes i just think we need to get games into swallow and ellis, because obviously if we keep playing them they will turn into superstars

Read playing forward/ruck instead of Casboult would be wild
He was well beaten in the reserves game when rucking, just because he hasn’t physically developed yet.
My read on Dimmas thinking is he knows we won’t beat GWS so blood the kids and let them see the manic pressure of top level football. They can then use the experience as an opportunity to bridge the gap via training

He was well beaten in the reserves game when rucking, just because he hasn’t physically developed yet.
My read on Dimmas thinking is he knows we won’t beat GWS so blood the kids and let them see the manic pressure of top level football. They can then use the experience as an opportunity to bridge the gap via training
I hope that's not Dimma's approach. We should go into every game to win it. I would expect all of them getting more than 1 game.

I doubt it but I would be incredibly concerned if that's the case. Apathy is cancer in any form.

I hope that's not the case. Very defeatist for a bloke claiming we have 80% of a premiership list.
If we are blooding kids why isn't Mac Andrew playing every week? Has more talent then 95% of our list.

I hope that's not the case. Very defeatist for a bloke claiming we have 80% of a premiership list.
If we are blooding kids why isn't Mac Andrew playing every week? Has more talent then 95% of our list.
That’s my issue too. I like including the two wingers/half backs, as that is an area we can improve (rather than Ellis, Long, or some underperforming halfbacks).

Read is the speculative pick that really just contrasts with Andrew’s lack of inclusion and Luko’s move forward. Otherwise I’m sure most would be absolutely fine with it. He will be a good player and has a lot of good traits that maybe Andrew doesn’t.

Play kids, by all means. But we all know that playing kids and losing by 60+ points does not develop a player or a team. So it has to legitimately make the team better.

Not having VFL games really to start the year sucks…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back