Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Some dude just kneed him in the ribs as he was taking a mark. He was probably just winded, because he was walking up and down the sidelines relatively easily.

Are you talking about McVeigh or McGlynn? If the latter, then fully, fully agree.

MCGLYNN.

ie MCBABE. I hope to eventually influence the whole Sydney board into calling him McBabe, and cause the media really sucks they probably get their material off BF, they'll call him McBabe, then the commentators will do it because they have no life start calling him mcbabe, and then he will feel peer pressure and officially change his name to Ben McBabe

Gonna be the most awesome Saturday next weekend.

Play rugby for my club Gordon in the morning, head home for a quick shower, head off to SCG for the Swans, head into the city for some beers and meet some mates and then head out to Homebush to watch Tahs vs Brumbies in the S14.

Cannot wait. :thumbsu:

I am hoping for a nice comfortable win here as i don't think my heart could take another close game against West Coast.

The key will be the ruck. Cox and Nic Nat are easily the best ruck combination in the league and if Seaby and Mumford have good games i think we will win. I don't expect them to beat the West Coast ruck pair but as long as they don't get smashed by them then i think we will win.

We should give Craig Bolton a spell this week and give him a chance to find some lazy form in the twos and be ready to fire the week after for his deul with Fev/Browny. Just hasn't looked like himself in the last couple of weeks.

Bring in Teddy and see how he goes on Kennedy (WC's best forward), I'm sure he'd love the opportunity to prove himself.

DEFENCE
Richards on Kennedy
LRT on Mitch Brown
Mattner on Hansen
Kennelly/Shaw on LeCras
Grundy on Natainui/Cox

MIDFIELD
Kirk on Priddis
Jude on Masten
Embley on O'Keefe
A.Selwood on McVeigh
S.Selwood on Hannebery

FORWARDS
Glass/Spangher on Bradshaw
Schofield on Goodes
Jones on McGlynn
Spangher/Glass on White
Waters on Moore

Daniel Kerr's out for three to four months with that hammy he did on Friday, so that very much frees up our midfield because theirs is quite weak now, we're usually the taggers but this year we've started to become the tagged.

Apparantly the ground was very hard and dry yesterday and the boys generally pulled up sore.It was reported post match that McGlynn,Malceski were sore and Craig Bolts has been carrying an injury which wasn't helped by the ground at Etihad.

I don't understand how we can be resting players like C Bolton and play them in the twos. Where is the logic in that?

C Bolts will either play or be out due to injury, there is no in-between.

Yeh there is absolutely no point in playing Craig in the 2's. Give him a week off if you want him to be rested. I doubt that will happen in any case. He still beat Edwards in most one on one contests anyway but he does look a little off the pace. I'd keep him in though to play on Le Cras. He is best suited to take him on and last time they played on each other Craig destroyed him at Homebush last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Nat was very impressive and his leap will be hard to stop, he also has the ability to rove his own ball and he is very hard to run with.
I think Mumford should start his run 20m further back and take off early to get some speed up and not jump at all just run straight through him at the first bounce...:thumbsu:

Should get over the line over another arch enemy in Round 5, but could be a danger game, as games are always close. NicNat is the concern for me, but we should cover them in most departments though. Another win at the SCG would be nice as well.

I think Craig Bolton should play, (some want him rested, but I don't think he should be rested) as he'll play his 200th game the following week against his old club, the Brisbane Lions.

MCGLYNN.

ie MCBABE. I hope to eventually influence the whole Sydney board into calling him McBabe, and cause the media really sucks they probably get their material off BF, they'll call him McBabe, then the commentators will do it because they have no life start calling him mcbabe, and then he will feel peer pressure and officially change his name to Ben McBabe

McBabe is quite apt, seeing as the little feller does look a bit piggy.

Should be a cracker like always I expect us to win especially with Kerr out and also their midfield a shadow of once what it was. Hopefully I can go as well. I'm not sure how we will match up on them in defence but other than that we should have them covered. Ruck will be the deciding factor

C Bolton only had 6 touches, but he had 10 1 percenters. As mentioned above his defence is fine and with Mattner, Malceski, Kennelly, Grundy and even LRT rebounding the ball he would need to play a different role to get a touch at the moment.

He was fine today, when he got the ball he used it well and he beat his opponent

DEFENCE
Richards on Kennedy
LRT on Mitch Brown
Mattner on Hansen
Kennelly/Shaw on LeCras
Grundy on Natainui/Cox

I suspect or more so hope that Hansen will be out for Mckinley also we generally play Masten in the forward line for some unknown reason... and Hams should get another chance this week. He's shown he can kick bags in the WAFL and has quite a good defensive game being a small defender who can also play forward and even in the midfield.

FORWARDS
Schofield on Goodes
Jones on McGlynn
Spangher/Glass on White
Waters on Moore

Hurn returns this week

DEFENCE
Richards on Kennedy
LRT on Mitch Brown
Mattner on Hansen
Kennelly/Shaw on LeCras
Grundy on Natainui/Cox

MIDFIELD
Kirk on Priddis
Jude on Masten
Embley on O'Keefe
A.Selwood on McVeigh
S.Selwood on Hannebery

FORWARDS
Schofield on Goodes
Jones on McGlynn
Spangher/Glass on White
Waters on Moore

I'd have Craig Bolton on Kennedy and whoever your most defensive small/medium defender is on LeCras. Shaw and Kennelly strike me more as running small defenders but I haven't seen any of your games so far this year so can't comment on how they've gone. The rest of our forwards aren't all that dangerous, and none of our midfielders are anything to write home about. Agree with Schofield on Goodes, good matchup.

Cox & NickNat vs Seaby & Mumford, should be interesting. Hopefully Mumford plays second fiddle as the master & the apprentice vs the understudy is a better plot without a 4th wheel. That and Seaby is in my DT.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back