Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys should smack them.
They are awful under pressure...be much obliged if you soften them up a bit too :D

Without wanting to turn this into a Derby discussion, I doubt Sydney need to do much to help you guys win the derby!!!

As for this weeks game, if our turnovers are as terrible as they have been you will beat us by 10 goals, no matter what NicNat and Cox do as the small ground will magnify our already shocking decision making and disposal.

That said we do get Hurn back and if Schofield could repeat his performance on Friday night and keep Goodes relativly quiet, McGinnity runs with ROK, and Glass can hold Bradshaw to a couple......well that's alot of ifs and buts so I'll be tipping Sydney!!!

IMHO, we will have good patches and probably even be within a couple of goals midway through the 3rd, but our fitness and disposal will mean another fade out and Sydney will win by about 8 goals.

Mez

Unfortunately for you dunnies, shutting down the Goodes is only half the battle, aswe now have the 2010 Rising Star Dan Humpty Dumpty Hannebery to blitz you too! MAH HAHAHAHA!

I'm just stoked that it's at the SCG. Wish you guys were doing well so we could pull 35,000+ and really pack out the Ground.

No ins or outs for me either.

Based on the season so far we should win by 60+. The Eagles have been horrible and we have been quite good. They have been particularly bad when under any kind of pressure.

We really should crush them, they are possibly the only team playing worse than Richmond right now.

My biggest worry is our tendenacy to play down to other team's levels and that we don't play our style of game. I expect this to be a pretty ugly scrappy game. The Eagles can't kick or handball to targets so should be a big game for the rebounding half backs. Hopefully Embley plays on ROK because ROK could score 200 for my DT if he does ;)

Surely WCE would have more sense than to do that! I hope not anyway..Embley on ROK would be an utter disaster for them. I think Adam Selwood might get the job on ROK, similar body shapes, hard and tough and a good run with player. ROK would want to take him forward to test him out in a marking contest.

I'd be playing Criag Bolton on Lecras, perfect match up for him IMO.
Grundy can play on Kennedy, and LRT can play on whichever ruckman is down there resting.
If Schofield plays on Goodes like someone just said earlier, I'd expect him to get 30 plus touches and kick 5.

Yeah I think the last time we played them at the SCG was in 2003. Yeah I reckon C Bolton should play on LeCras, would be a good match up.

2005 Round 17 or something.

WCE were on a roll and were widely tipped to win but we ended up winning by 4 or 5 goals. I remember Dean Cox kicked like 4 goals in the first half and looked like he would win it off his own boot for them at one point.

2005 Round 17 or something.

WCE were on a roll and were widely tipped to win but we ended up winning by 4 or 5 goals. I remember Dean Cox kicked like 4 goals in the first half and looked like he would win it off his own boot for them at one point.

That game was the start of our awesome "rivalry" that we've had between the two clubs.

Embley on ROK would be an utter disaster for them.

The thing with that is that Embley has to be "assigned" to someone, I couldn't tell you who it has been in the last 3 rounds, he will basically play nowhere near who he is on and rack up clangers, he is a good type for type match with ROK but it was more wishful thinking than anything else.

Selwood hasn't been tagging so far this year, will be interesting to see how he is used in this game.

On paper this game isn't close, but footy is a funny game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know most of these trophies are for good causes but there are too many mickey mouse ones throughout the season.

Not for us though. There is the marn grook trophy with essendon but what else have we got??

I don't mind it so much. It's not of particular importance in a football sense but if people want to commemorate or celebrate something then who really needs an excuse anyway? I like it. :D

Based on the season so far we should win by 60+. The Eagles have been horrible and we have been quite good. They have been particularly bad when under any kind of pressure.

We really should crush them, they are possibly the only team playing worse than Richmond right now.

My biggest worry is our tendenacy to play down to other team's levels and that we don't play our style of game. I expect this to be a pretty ugly scrappy game. The Eagles can't kick or handball to targets so should be a big game for the rebounding half backs. Hopefully Embley plays on ROK because ROK could score 200 for my DT if he does ;)

Come on wOgItAlIa, there is one other very important thing you have missed in your assessment. Bragging rights for your good self and the other WA based BLOODS at work on Monday.:thumbsu:

Don't we play for the Ron Barassi cup when we play Melbourne?

After some extensive research on google I stand corrected :eek:.

Though I must say I really can't remember playing for it over the years :confused: though I suppose it's not like we've fought hard to get it or any of the encounters would be particularity memorable - IT IS against melbourne.

Good pick up :thumbsu:

Le Cras is playing quite deep since his injury and Lynch dropping.

If he plays that role again with his size it will be Craig Bolton who picks him up.

If he's fit and Le Cras starts playing up the ground I think Mattner will rotate onto him otherwise it will probably be shaw, but be careful not to get caught playing him back in the 40 m arc.

smash em seebs

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back