Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I'll probably do nothing for the second straight week.
88k in the kitty.
Needing all my powers of patience
Cat Spock GIF by MOODMAN

1681339842530.png

You've already made the mistake, don't compound it by making a second one.
If you do it, he not only cost you 700k, but 700k AND a trade, and potentially another trade if DeGoey's form drops even slightly.
Just live with your mistake. Laird is still a really good mid to have. So what if you paid a little more than others for him.

Another way to look at it is, a trade (let alone 2) is worth a hell of a lot more than 50k
Wrong poster man, I'm talking about a straight swap rage trade for Clarry, not a downgrade to JDG.

I’d say so. Now is not the time to fomo into Oliver - he’s over 700k. LDU is coming off a late out & 102 - don’t fomo into him either.

Also it’s too early for any real upgrades to have been done - just have to stick with your starting choices.

Miller, & Neale are going to be sub 620, with Laird not far away, Walsh is back, Steele isn’t far away, Petracca, Cripps, Mills all sub 600. HEAPS of value to wait on - still obviously have to pick the right ones who finish 110+ but I’d wait on those for now.

Still value in LDU so I don't think there's FOMO there. But agree with you that it's a value game. Need to find players that have value with every trade. There's NO value in a $700k player

Traded Doch to Michalanney. Will stick the E on Cowan. If he has a cracker will push him onto the field and use the cash to get a premium mid, if he flounders will keep on the bench and get Stewart.
Just checking on this one. You can't switch Michalanney to Stewart as he plays first game. Or have I misunderstood your plan?

Just checking on this one. You can't switch Michalanney to Stewart as he plays first game. Or have I misunderstood your plan?

Yes, you can now. You trade Docherty to Michalanney before tonight. If you change your mind, you can 'update trade' and switch to Stewart of whoever. Obviously you can't change the Docherty part of the trade (as he is locked in as your traded out player) but you can change who you trade in for him (assuming they haven't played of course).

Yes, you can now. You trade Docherty to Michalanney before tonight. If you change your mind, you can 'update trade' and switch to Stewart of whoever. Obviously you can't change the Docherty part of the trade (as he is locked in as your traded out player) but you can change who you trade in for him (assuming they haven't played of course).
But Michalanney also plays tonight so will be locked

Considering holding on to Davey if he’s out this week to give me a MID or FWD loophole. Not overly keen on van Rooyen, although Ryan intrigues me.

Locked in Nankervis > English and Docherty > Stewart.

Dawson and English or Stewart and S Darcy? (would have 211k in cash remaining). Stewart and English an option too.

Replacing Doch and Witts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Michalanney also plays tonight so will be locked

Haha - I am so dumb. The principle of what is possible still remains the same but yes, it didn't click who else was playing tonight as my only trades/emergencies pertaining to tonight involve Carlton players and not Adelaide ones.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 11.37.35 am.png

My team is a mess right now I'm thinking:

Mackenzie > JVR
Doch > Stewart

and then if Will Day doesn't get his suspension overturned I think I have to trade him for Redman, my ranking is terrible as is I don't think I can get through 2 weeks of starting all of Wilmot/Cowan/Jones/Ginbey down back. I'm also considering boosting Jones to Trent Rivers, which seems insane but I'm not really sure what else to do.

Think I'll probably do nothing for the second straight week.
88k in the kitty.
Needing all my powers of patience
Cat Spock GIF by MOODMAN

View attachment 1658375
how many trades and boosts do you have left this is an excellent side, nearly as good as mine however i've definitely burned a lot more trades (and boosts) than you. i have michalanney instead of constable, laird instead of oliver, bont instead of neale, gulden instead of cogs and JVR instead of greene. only around 30k itb.

I'm at lloyd vs Stewart for docherty. Any thoughts on Lloyd?
Lloyd is playing well and looks like boosting his 92 avg from last year up a good 10 points. Proven scoring history.

But Stewart is Stewart and only about $50k more (half what it was at the start of the season).

You didn’t misunderstand mate. I just explained it poorly. Michalanney will be locked so I will get his score regardless. Have generated good cash for him from the Doch downgrade. Will have the E on Cowan. If he scores well I will get him on the field via Constable or someone not playing. If this is the case I will upgrade a mid to a blue chipper. If he scores poorly I will upgrade a Jones or Ginbey to Stewart and keep Cowan on the bench.
I actually think I may have confused you more with that explanation

I have decided I’d rather 3 chances of seeing Pickett at 410 than 2 at 365.

If he can hold it together for 3 weeks I feel like I’m aiming to trade in a value keeper, whereas at the moment it’s speculative as to if he is a stepping stone or keeper. Anyone have strong thoughts one way or another on this?

As others have said, he’s a genuine fwd/mid now & will get to 500k no dramas. Essendon this week, he could go large! Take the 50k disc
So after looking at making no trades I'm now considering Docherty > Haynes, Chandler > Pickett and maybe even a boost for Wilmot > Michalanney.

Rampe and Rivers are also other options to trade Docherty to instead of Haynes, none of them are ideal but they seem to be the best of the mid pricers.

Like the

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back