Game Day Round 5 vs. BRIS. Thurs 14/04, 7:35pm Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With checkers, elliot, ginni and mcreery unavailable I don’t see how we drop Henry.
Agreed. Plus just feels like its a matter of time when he puts it all together. Just needs to play. WHE then? he can be the sub, which would work perfectly given he can play in multiple positions.

Agreed. Plus just feels like its a matter of time when he puts it all together. Just needs to play. WHE then? he can be the sub, which would work perfectly given he can play in multiple positions.
yep - with Ash, Checkers, Ginn, McCreery, Jamie all going down, I think the likes of Henry and even WHE may get a reprieve (even though I had them as outs a few days ago)

OUT - Mihochek Ginnivan Elliott Henry Cameron Madgen

IN - Krueger DeGoey Adams Poulter Roughead Cox

Six changes is probably at least one too many but IMO Henry badly needs a rest. His output slipped last week and he will be lucky to touch it against a quality backline in humid Brisbane.

Poulter to come in and play wing, releasing Sidebottom to play forward.

Cameron was really disappointing last week, with his only goal coming from a handball receive on the goal line. Cox to replace him and play at FF, to draw the key defenders to him, giving Krueger a bit more freedom to roam.

Somehow Cal Brown survives for another game, despite a very bland, beige performance last week. Has cockroach-like survival skills!

Lions by about 40 pts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Six changes is probably at least one too many but IMO Henry badly needs a rest. His output slipped last week and he will be lucky to touch it against a quality backline in humid Brisbane.

Cameron was really disappointing last week, with his only goal coming from a handball receive on the goal line. Cox to replace him and play at FF, to draw the key defenders to him, giving Krueger a bit more freedom to roam.

Somehow Cal Brown survives for another game, despite a very bland, beige performance last week. Has cockroach-like survival skills!

Lions by about 40 pts.

Yup - those ins were my initial feel last Saturday, but with Checkers and Ginn now forced out, we may find a couple of those suggested outs hanging on

I reckon Henry/Reef will be the sub.. if they get a run against Bris great if not they'll come back down and play a full VFL game on the Saturday.

So people want to drop our 3rd highest scorer to date in Henry in a week we've already lost our 1st, 2nd and 5th.

May as well raise the white flag now.

His output has slipped and he’s looking tired, so the likelihood of Henry kicking a bag against a very settled Brisbane backline on their home deck looks very slim to me.

Rd 1-3 Henry averaged about 11 disposals, about 2 goals and about 2 tackles. Rd 4 he struggled to get near it, had only 6 disposals, 1 goal and zero tackles.

Lions by about 40 pts.

Watch how much we struggle without Checkers forward of the ball. The most underrated player on our list

Watch how much we struggle without Checkers forward of the ball. The most underrated player on our list

Agreed. He is one of the best bang-for-buck recruits in 20 years. Always finds a way to take contested marks and kick a couple of goals for us, even when undersized. Hard to see where we can get 10+ goals from this week.

His output has slipped and he’s looking tired, so the likelihood of Henry kicking a bag against a very settled Brisbane backline on their home deck looks very slim to me.

Rd 1-3 Henry averaged about 11 disposals, about 2 goals and about 2 tackles. Rd 4 he struggled to get near it, had only 6 disposals, 1 goal and zero tackles.

So one bad game so we cut him? Right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. He is one of the best bang-for-buck recruits in 20 years. Always finds a way to take contested marks and kick a couple of goals for us, even when undersized. Hard to see where we can get 10+ goals from this week.

Especially in a team with either the most defensive mindset or worst delivery in the comp…or both.

I still can’t understand the point of naming one of our first or second year players as the medical sub - how does this help their development in any way?

I’d have one of the Browns as sub
WHE for mine lol He is flexible.

If Roughead returns is there really any defensive need to retain Madgen alongside Moore, Howe and Maynard?

I guess if we wanted to shift Howe forward for 1 week to help cover for the loss of Mihocek and Elliott it might be warranted or how about giving Maynard a run with role on Neale?

Feel like we need to mix it up this week given the outs and probably have little to lose in the process.

I am one that is calling Wilson to be dropped

He was loose, lost touch with his opponent, dragged too far up the ground and made a couple of poor decisions bombing it forward.

What instances impressed you?
If you’re holding a forward in their first game in that role accountable for being “loose” on their opponent I think what impressed me is largely irrelevant because we’re not only on different pages, but reading from different books in different dimensions. What’s next Howe’s out because he didn’t hit the scoreboard? Lipinski because he didn’t register a hitout?
Y’know, Roughead has played very poorly as a marking forward before…
EFA.

Last edited:
It'd be funny if this week's makeshift forward line fired and finally solved our forward line woes.

I agree .. dasmn shame e can't k straight tho ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back