Game Day Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Minga touched on late in the preview thread, it's pretty bloody amazing we're on top with max king still to come in to the side. Last season he was fourth (I think) in contested marks in the league, the only saint in the top 50. We're obviously getting the ball in there a lot, he will improve our scoring efficiency immeasurably. In fact even having Timmy back for the Carlton game should make quite a difference in that regard. Pretty exciting times ahead.

As Minga touched on late in the preview thread, it's pretty bloody amazing we're on top with max king still to come in to the side. Last season he was fourth (I think) in contested marks in the league, the only saint in the top 50. We're obviously getting the ball in there a lot, he will improve our scoring efficiency immeasurably. In fact even having Timmy back for the Carlton game should make quite a difference in that regard. Pretty exciting times ahead.
he usually kills it against Carlton too, I'm pretty sure. might be a bit hard to dominate first game back though

Reckon they'll try and emulate what Collingwood did last week. We started to wear the pies down towards the end of the game and get the wheels in motion to nearly snatch the game...too late unfortunately; however I'm hoping we are more composed this week when switching to our plan B. I reckon we would've been training it all week. They'll stick with us for around two thirds of the game, or similarly, we will stick with them...either way, I think we'll pull away and get the win.
I want to annihilate them, but reckon it'll be a 3 to 4 goal win.

Expect the Blues to come out fighting today, especially in the midfield where they have been pretty average of late. They will be wanting to won the stoppages and get the ball forward to their big men quickly.

Big day for out mids. Steele, Crouch and co need to at least match them in there. If we can do that we should be too quick for them on the outside.

They've obviously seen their lack of pace as an issue which is why they have "managed" their 2nd ruck.

Wilkie has a big job on his hands with Curnow. Howard to McKay, which will leave Battle on Silvagni.

Gresh has been in the spotlight this week, so I'm backing him in for a big game.

Saints by 14

Reckon they'll try and emulate what Collingwood did last week. We started to wear the pies down towards the end of the game and get the wheels in motion to nearly snatch the game...too late unfortunately; however I'm hoping we are more composed this week when switching to our plan B. I reckon we would've been training it all week. They'll stick with us for around two thirds of the game, or similarly, we will stick with them...either way, I think we'll pull away and get the win.

We went reactive last week and lost composure. The Blues aren’t fast like Collingwood and will need to beat us in contested situations and get it to their forwards fast through clean kicking. They are a good mark kick side so we should strangle that if we play like we have been. They need space for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think defensive matchups more like Howard/McKay, Battle/Curnow, Wilkie/Silvagni. It's more likely their smalls will kick their goals.

The really worrying thing for us today is that the blues haven’t had a good four quarter performance so far this year. Two of their wins have been down to some dominant quarters (the third against Geelong and North) and if they choose today to play all four we could have a fight on our hands.

No Docherty is absolutely enormous for us as is no Saad. And with De Koning out Silvagni will have to pinch in the ruck which will also compromise their structure.

I think the key is to be able to play our natural game as it will be too quick for them. We will be able to generate space and ground ball gets if we can do this which has been our strength all season.

I feel like our plan B needs to come out a lot earlier this week than it did last week as we were quite slow and reactive. we cannot allow Weitering or Young to play the same role Moore did last week.

I just feel supremely confident in our back 3 superstars. Wilkie and battle are in career best form. Howard not far off and hardly gets beat himself.

Great test against two of the best forwards in the game today. I reckon they'll hold their own again.

Sincs Stocker Nas and Hunter cleaning up at their feet ain't a bad combo either.

I hope they do, they aren’t as well drilled or as fast as the pies. Also the pies were aided that it was at one of the narrowest grounds in the comp last week, don’t think they would be as effective at marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back