Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

The calls will soon start to come that RTB iS rUiNiNg tHe gAmE

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t know, the media commentators are loving him.
And despite the “dour” label he has been labelled with, no one can say our run and gun style as that.

Really good article by Gerard Healy Sammm put on the media thread.

Motlop copped a ban for he's dangerous tackle on Doogs, which is about right going on the MRO this season.

What stinks about it was it wasn't even a free kick, think that says it all about the umpires efforts on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Stop holding Curnow and giving away free kicks then" - oppo umpire apologists

Meanwhile 30m infront of our goal...
Clear as ******* day, 2 umpires near the contest, no congestion blocking view...play on

View attachment 1669064
What a disgrace that was.
Pity anyone sitting near me after that non-call.
FOUR umpires, there was no congestion, what the hell were they looking at?

no idea, and I only found that one because the AFL media decided the 'intercept mark' was worthy of the mini-match highlight package. There would have been many many more

Jeez he speaks highly of the club! You can see his eyes glaze over a bit and a smile extend all over his face when he talks about coming over the offseason. I love the kid, and reckon he will be the ultimate personification of strength through loyalty
“I’m in love with this joint.”

How good is that? 😍

Clear as ******* day, 2 umpires near the contest, no congestion blocking view...play on

View attachment 1669064
They are probably more worried Owens will break that wimps arm with his powerful neck muscles

From CFC board.

" We deliver the ball into F50 in a reasonable manner we are 5 goals clear of these losers and it would be Ross the Boss crying in front of our 'wall'. "

To be 5 goals clear they would have needed 8 more freekicks in F50.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Here's a stat: Our points against per game of 59.5 is the lowest for a 22 game or more season in VFL/AFL history.

We hold the record for the least points against over a 22 game season ever, in 2009 with 1411 at an average of 64.13 per game.

We are defending at historic levels so far this season.
2009: 338 points conceded after round 6 (round 7 and 8 only conceded 40 and 29)

2023: 357 points conceded after round 6

Today’s rules like 6 6 6 and standing the mark etc are also supposed to make it easier to score.

Today’s rules like 6 6 6 and standing the mark etc are also supposed to make it easier to score.
good point

What about the points for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvious answer, the jumpers.

2 Blues, 1 Saint, in the context of that match that meant we have to be infringing one of them and they were just stumped that it was the other way around and forgot they had whistles.

After all, they formed an opinion and the rules say it was a correct one regardless of what everyone saw.

View attachment 1669064
Choking Mitch out is the only way to stop him 😤

Obvious answer, the jumpers.

2 Blues, 1 Saint, in the context of that match that meant we have to be infringing one of them and they were just stumped that it was the other way around and forgot they had whistles.

After all, they formed an opinion and the rules say it was a correct one regardless of what everyone saw.
Those slippery whistles kept falling out their hands every time we went inside 50

View attachment 1669064
I’m surprised the umpires didn’t give a free against mitchito for a hold on his arm
IMG_3381.jpeg

Ross changed coaching last time he was with us. He's doing it again.

Watch the lesser mortals copy him. It'll happen just like last time (the Collingwood press... gtfo with that bulls*t)

But Ross is to coaching what the Beatles were to songwriting.

Hopefully the others will be Oasis at best.

Bolt down the laptops boys... they'll be coming.
They won't need our laptops when they take our personnel.

Enright WILL get a senior gig offer by the end of the year - praying he sticks around as I think he may just be our version of Leppitch.

Gresham will get offers too, he's not really a Ross type so unless he's absolutely loving it I could see him going, if not him a few of our peripheral players might get second chances, I could see seniors like Billings, Ross and Membrey getting big offers to finish their careers at new clubs - they might be tempted.

I'm just enjoying this too much to believe that we'll be able to keep it.

Wood has to be the most improved player at the club in recent years, considering where he was just two years ago.

He's gone from being a VFL player getting an occasional call up to the big time, to one of our most valuable players and in contention for AA.

His aerobic capacity is outstanding, evident by his success in the preseason time trials. It means he's able to take intercept marks in defence but still regularly snag a couple of goals when up forward. All the while providing a good one on one target on the wing.

He plays a similar role to Isaac Smith although he doesn't have Smith's pace. People bemoaning the fact he's 29 years old should take heart from Smith who won a Norm Smith medal at age 33. If he keeps fit we could easily get another four years out of Wood.
Mason Wood is becoming the winger I thought Nick Reiwoldt might have ended up except that Nick just continued to be way to good as a forward.

Both have incredible aerobic capacities and great marking capacity.

Motlop copped a ban for he's dangerous tackle on Doogs, which is about right going on the MRO this season.

What stinks about it was it wasn't even a free kick, think that says it all about the umpires efforts on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The umpires should also get a week for missing that.

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back