Round 6 Gameday Chat/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Hardwick hasn't gone and flooded the backline to try and stop the damage being done on the scoreboard. We might end up with 100 point loss but I'd prefer the player be put under the pump and learn something rather than being given an easy way out and learning nothing.

what annoys me is that i am so much better at my job than most of these guys are at theirs..yet they are on the big bucks and i am not.. :D

Good to see Hardwick hasn't gone and flooded the backline to try and stop the damage being done on the scoreboard. We might end up with 100 point loss but I'd prefer the player be put under the pump and learn something rather than being given an easy way out and learning nothing.

I've noticed he hasnt changed our forwardline and isnt going to flood. Well, he did say pre-game this is going to be a learning experience.

Polo's been great but I really would like to see him have an extended run on the ball.

Definitely. I am not one of Polo's biggest fans but this would have to be one of his better games of his career. Would easily figure in my top 3 to half time (Newman, Polo, Lids)

I'm so so on Edwards, but he has been very good IMO.

Gee we could really do with Pods. Big body, hang around for a few years to help Griff, kick a few goals. Geelong should donate him to us.

I'm so so on Edwards, but he has been very good IMO.
Same boat mate, he has been good but he has slipped out of the game in that second quarter, hopefully backs up his good first quarter in the second half.

---
I was there when we got smashed by 157 points and stayed til the end of the match, This is turning out like that and I am going to the pub instead of watching the end of this match. I have seen enough to make me feel sick. We are pathetic and have a huge clean out to do (including some of our newer players unfortunately) before we will be any good.

I would love to say they are simple mistakes that we are making and that it is the older players that we would be flushing out at the end of the season that are making them, but its not. There have been a lot of dismal mistakes made that really are not justifiable against any club in any competition.

I am all for Hardwick, I am all for playing kids, I am all for losses in the name of development, But this is just ****ing pathetic. Nothing good will come from this game.

It is time for a lot of beer. Good luck Tigers, hope you don't lose by 200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just BS. Players seem to have nfi what to do when they have the ball, they have no awareness, they don't work hard when they don't have the ball.

The number of times we handballing to teammates under pressure or try and take the tackler on is getting to me. Why not take the game on with out FOOT and kick to a CONTEST.

2 goals in a half of footy... defensive mindset is NOT working. :(

Riewoldt has been great.

Lol Thursty.

facepalm.jpg

(Missed set shot, from 35m, for his first goal in however many games)

I was there when we got smashed by 157 points and stayed til the end of the match, This is turning out like that and I am going to the pub instead of watching the end of this match. I have seen enough to make me feel sick. We are pathetic and have a huge clean out to do (including some of our newer players unfortunately) before we will be any good.

I would love to say they are simple mistakes that we are making and that it is the older players that we would be flushing out at the end of the season that are making them, but its not. There have been a lot of dismal mistakes made that really are not justifiable against any club in any competition.

I am all for Hardwick, I am all for playing kids, I am all for losses in the name of development, But this is just ****ing pathetic. Nothing good will come from this game.

It is time for a lot of beer. Good luck Tigers, hope you don't lose by 200.

Agreed on most of that. As for the clean out... I don't think that matters. If we had Pods in our team and he isn't half the player he is right now. What we need to for the players we have now to be instructed and developed much better.

I was at that game in '07 too (didn't appreciate the flashback on foxsports to that game today:mad:). This is hurting me more in a way because I have no idea the game plan that Hardwick is trying to play. I don't think he has a plan B either. Terry did a lot of things wrong but he said himself he wanted us to play attacking, exciting footy. I haven't heard that from Hardwick, it has been all about defence. Personally, I think thats killing us.

I am just praying that what Hardwick says is correct, that this is the right way to go about it and that after a couple of seasons it will become second nature to the players, but im far from convinced right now.

We haven't been in ONE game this season. Under TW we atleast had the odd good game. And that involved a young team too, and a very young defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Gameday Chat/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back