Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well they'll learn ...the first year I played SuperCoach I picked Justin Koschitzke. :drunk:
If only I learnt from last years starting team. :rainbow:
Trading is the fun part. I think people get stuck enjoying trading to the next big thing, like a deer in headlights.

Trading is the fun part. I think people get stuck enjoying trading to the next big thing, like a deer in headlights.
A few years ago ? A ton of people brought in a player who lasted 5 mins the next game (someone will know who)

Played for the last few years but always got shafted so went in with a clear mindset.

Guns and rookies.

In share market terms rookies are tech stocks that bolt up and Guns are the blue chips. Invest in the bolters and put the profit into blue chips that perform consistently.

Mid pricers have killed me the last few years, they're like an inferior competitor to blue chips, for missing out on that big break or previous setbacks. People get sucked into them and often trade sideways, they need a competitive return whilst not having enough capital for a blue chip, but won't trade down to a tech because they aren't reliable enough. Ends up taking 2 to 3 trades to get up to a level of blue-chip they are happy with.

People just think they Can beat the system.

You have 8 rookies to upgrade which is 16 trades leaving you 8 trades for byes, finals and lti's so you need to hold from here on in and let them moo so each rookie trade is a downgrade/prem upgrade, no more sideways rookie cash grabs.
Thanks for the feedback, but can you point out where i am sideways trading a rookie for a cash grab? o_O

Played for the last few years but always got shafted so went in with a clear mindset.

Guns and rookies.

In share market terms rookies are tech stocks that bolt up and Guns are the blue chips. Invest in the bolters and put the profit into blue chips that perform consistently.

Mid pricers have killed me the last few years, they're like an inferior competitor to blue chips, for missing out on that big break or previous setbacks. People get sucked into them and often trade sideways, they need a competitive return whilst not having enough capital for a blue chip, but won't trade down to a tech because they aren't reliable enough. Ends up taking 2 to 3 trades to get up to a level of blue-chip they are happy with.

People just think they Can beat the system.
That principle is right but Guns and Rookies hasn't worked for me at all. I went too Guns and Rookies.
While everyone has Libba and Wells tonning up, I've had Papley and Menadues under 30 scores on my field.

That's the price you pay to have all the best premos. Great if they all fire but when they don't you're in the same position as the folks that started with a heap of mid pricers, sideways trading and chasing points.

SC changed a lot this year. Last year you would look at Libba after a knee and maybe take the risk.
Wells with his injury history, playing in a team that wasn't top 4 would normally put him in 5% of teams. But he's in 63%.
Rookies start with KPF's who go 100+ and put them right up in the rankings.

I didn't take any risks or cheaper fallen premos and now I'm cooked. It truely is the year for mid price madness :drunk:

That principle is right but Guns and Rookies hasn't worked for me at all. I went too Guns and Rookies.
While everyone has Libba and Wells tonning up, I've had Papley and Menadues under 30 scores on my field.

That's the price you pay to have all the best premos. Great if they all fire but when they don't you're in the same position as the folks that started with a heap of mid pricers, sideways trading and chasing points.

SC changed a lot this year. Last year you would look at Libba after a knee and maybe take the risk.
Wells with his injury history, playing in a team that wasn't top 4 would normally put him in 5% of teams. But he's in 63%.

I didn't take any risks or cheaper fallen premos and now I'm cooked. It truely is the year for mid price madness :drunk:
I'd be interested in seeing what your round1 squad looked like.

Thanks for the feedback, but can you point out where i am sideways trading a rookie for a cash grab? o_O
I wasn't saying you did I just assumed since you are down to 24 trades you may have been doing some correctionals. What's the deal with Mckenzie is he injured? He's usually a decent scorer so trading him for lee may be kinda backwards unless you know something I don't which is highly likely:rainbow:

What i didnt say is i limited myself to 2 mid pricers, which were fallen premos, libba and wells and took a punt with JJ. Could easily be Sam Gray, Lonergan and maybe Lobbe which would have killed me.

Its all about happy mediums on your way to a premium team. Seemed to have found my balance at the moment, been finishing between 20-80k the last few years, managed to stay in the top 1k for this year despite injuries and suspensions.

Really don't know what to do this week

I want to move 2 of Dea, MacKenzie and Kennedy on but I only have 48k spare

Picture 7.png

Brown still has mooing to do, Menadue's BE is only 29, hopefully he does a Papley one of these weeks and can get past 250k, Davis the same, still money to be extracted from there

I likely will have to bring in a rookie who has only played one game like Tucker or J Smith as the two gamers are all poo (no chance I'm picking Tom Lee), risky but I'm thinking Tucker could be ok for this week.

I need premium defenders I guess but rookie defenders are generally scoring better than midfield rookies so would rather a premium midfielder but I can only afford the likes of Tom Mitchell, Sloane, Treloar, Gaff, Hanley around that 530-550k range and as I already have Shiel I don't want another sub-uber type. Really need Danger but he's going to be difficult to bring in (2-3 trades) so that's on the backburner.

Suppose the easiest thing to do is bring in Docherty or Simpson, though I think defenders are a bit of a minefield at the moment. Don't want Gibson (injury-prone), Pittard (still suffering from last years burns) or Biggs/Boyd (much better DTers). Houli's in a slump and will get cheaper in a few weeks and Rance is suspended. Old man Enright is going ok, but has already had a visit from the general, Shane Savage could be a solid POD, but is high risk-high reward and McVeigh is just getting back into it and will be sub-500k in a few weeks if his 80ish scores continue.

What is MacKenzie's BE just wondering?

I wouldn't say Wells and Libba are mid pricers though.

They are fallen premos.

S.Gray, B.Crouch, Sheridan, Lonergan, Seedsman are all mid pricers and dud picks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are fallen premos.

S.Gray, B.Crouch, Sheridan, Lonergan, Seedsman are all mid pricers and dud picks!
bit early to call Crouch a dud pick...BE of 25...could still make good coin.missed games help your argument.
he was the cheapest out of those guys so he still could be a good pick.i've held him as he has potential to score big...its coming:rainbow:
just hope he gets a senior gig this week..

Yeah, Yeo started in defence but found his way to mids with other trades.

Is Lonergan that spuddy that he must go, what if Ablett misses, would you suffer one more week?

Then for the midfielder do you spend the full $579,000 on a Priddis, Ward type, or save a bit a go with a Zaha, M Murphy type and keep a few bucks up the sleeve?
get the top guys in Priddis,Ward...
Zaha will piss people off this year,you can count on it.Murphy already played his best footy and is only an average mid now in a poor team.

1up1down after that and you should be sweet mate...some rookies around the corner in Petrecca,Keays,Tucker,Smith.

money on the field is better than in the bank in SC...if you like scoring points that is.

View attachment 240628

Brown still has mooing to do, Menadue's BE is only 29, hopefully he does a Papley one of these weeks and can get past 250k, Davis the same, still money to be extracted from there

I likely will have to bring in a rookie who has only played one game like Tucker or J Smith as the two gamers are all poo (no chance I'm picking Tom Lee), risky but I'm thinking Tucker could be ok for this week.

I need premium defenders I guess but rookie defenders are generally scoring better than midfield rookies so would rather a premium midfielder but I can only afford the likes of Tom Mitchell, Sloane, Treloar, Gaff, Hanley around that 530-550k range and as I already have Shiel I don't want another sub-uber type. Really need Danger but he's going to be difficult to bring in (2-3 trades) so that's on the backburner.

Suppose the easiest thing to do is bring in Docherty or Simpson, though I think defenders are a bit of a minefield at the moment. Don't want Gibson (injury-prone), Pittard (still suffering from last years burns) or Biggs/Boyd (much better DTers). Houli's in a slump and will get cheaper in a few weeks and Rance is suspended. Old man Enright is going ok, but has already had a visit from the general, Shane Savage could be a solid POD, but is high risk-high reward and McVeigh is just getting back into it and will be sub-500k in a few weeks if his 80ish scores continue.

Why not lee?

bit early to call Crouch a dud pick...BE of 25...could still make good coin.missed games help your argument.
he was the cheapest out of those guys so he still could be a good pick.i've held him as he has potential to score big...its coming:rainbow:
just hope he gets a senior gig this week..

I'm calling Brad Crouch a dud pick in terms of injury I guess.

The guy is made of glass! LOL!

View attachment 240628

Congrats on the complete forward line. It's the best I've seen on here so far.

Emac's B/E is 72. Gettable against Collingwood's spud talls this week at Subi. I've got him as well and reckon he has a few more $ left in him. He's a very good player and a solid 75 average type. I'm inclined to hang on to him until a desirable upgrade/downgrade option appears.

Dam that's unlucky, a few injuries to premos and a host of others under-performing.

Not having Hall, Wells and ones of Oliver/Parish also hurt.

I think nowadays when a player is up 30%+ you just have to take them or else you'll be left behind the starting pack pretty quickly if they succeed.
Yeah I'm still waiting for Wells head to fall off and both North and the Doggies to play shit dragging down their SC scoring.
I brought in Hall rd3 but just like last year with Gary Sloane Bartel Johnson with a -3 I suffered through the carnage a bit this year.
Weitering was the biggest miss. Shouldve gone skinny in the backline and loaded up everywhere else.

They are fallen premos.

wells was a fallen premo, priced at rookie price.
easy pick for mine. any rookie can come in and be dropped 2nd round. wells was never going to be dropped. his was an injury risk. no brainer.

I wasn't saying you did I just assumed since you are down to 24 trades you may have been doing some correctionals. What's the deal with Mckenzie is he injured? He's usually a decent scorer so trading him for lee may be kinda backwards unless you know something I don't which is highly likely:rainbow:
Nope. Only used 4 up to this round. One was an upgrade to scully, one was JJ, one Barlow and one downgrade to DBJ.

And the deal with mckenzie is he scored a 4 from breaking his nose early in round 3.. I held him as i had other trades to make that week (getting Dbj and JJ injured) and he made an earlier comeback than expected. I planned to downgrade him, but he returned so i just held for another week, scoring has been poor. Was considering cutting my losses + Lee looking like he is gonna be a good cash cow + score similar for 160k less

I'm all for keeping Lonergan (spud:rolleyes:) but even with Prestia and Risky out, why do people think he will improve his scoring?
He is in the mids for the entire year (or so I thought) and bar one game has stunk it up!!!!!!

Since other SCers better than me have suggested I should keep him for a while longer now. I'm just not convinced how he will improve his scoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back