Preview Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 4th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Gresham is the best replacement for Lonie. Clark to replace Gresh through the midfield.
Thats what I would do.

Gresh, Stuv and Sinclair could all rotate more through as that high small forward in the way that Lonie did. Then Hunter adds in another midfield rotation and some more flexibility to the over all 22.

Except then we get smashed in the middle, and Clark won't have a big impact there.
That leaves he who must not be named.
That could be an option.

But like Brut said, Sinclair would be able to take up more slack through the midfield and Steven would be spending more time there each week you'd think.

I'd also still like to see Gresham have stints through the middle.

Clark did okay with the limited time he got in the midfield and he also offers more versatility than Dunstan.

I wouldn't be upset if Dunstan were to come in though as I think he's still a better option than having another low possession small forward come in.

If Brett Ratten & Brendon Lade are the “difference” between 2018 season performances and results and this current season, then I think these guys, along with Richo will be already looking at what went wrong, and what went right against the Crows, and will be preparing for GWS accordingly. One game at a time!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Jiggster, get rid of the default signature on your big footy app; it's making your text small and grey.

Young for Lonie
Marshall for Longer
Marsh for Bruce

Kent lucky to hold his spot. Marsh and Battle to swing either end, taking each other’s spot in either the forward line or backline.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richo at 1/4 time... Hmmm we're getting spanked..."I know ...move Josh forward "
Richo at 1/2 time Hmmm we're getting smashed " I know....Move Marsh forward "
Richo at 3/4 time....Himmm we're getting destroyed " I know,....Move Josh forward "

Back the 20 who have showed they can play their roles for most of the year.

Replace the 2 who are out injured with others that will play their role.

Changing too much around, from what we were getting our early results from, won't end well - we aren't that sort of side (yet).

I’d be disappointed if we bailed on the Gresham midfield move at the first chance. He’s had a promising start in there. He shows good signs at reading the tap as a clearance mid and covers the turf well. He’s going solidly at at that low twenties disposals sort of range and I think with an extended run in there he will lift that again.

I’d be disappointed if we bailed on the Gresham midfield move at the first chance. He’s had a promising start in there. He shows good signs at reading the tap as a clearance mid and covers the turf well. He’s going solidly at at that low twenties disposals sort of range and I think with an extended run in there he will lift that again.

Not bailing at all. He played mostly forward 3 weeks ago so its not as if he hasn't done it this year. I don't think anyone is suggesting we do it for the whole game but if the choice is Clark or Young im going with Clark and that releases Gresh forward for a fair bit of the game. Young is like Marsh. No one sees them play but we just want to see them hoping they are stars. At the moment they aren't close to it at Sandy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes mate will do....... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr how do I do that? Please.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Get out of Saints board and back to default Big Footy page, then on the top bar on the left there's three horizontal lines like a miniature Geelong jumper, click on that and select Settings, then Signature should be the 4th menu item, click that and disable signature.

The downside is we'll never know what kind of device you are typing your posts on or what app you're using, but I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow!

Last edited:
Gresh is going ok in the middle. He will get better but im not sure he is the difference.

I looked at the stats , and you are probably right.
Average clearances.

Steven 5.5
Marshal 5.3
Dunstan 4.7
Gresham 4.7
Steele 4.7
Clark 4

In the most bizarre statistic ever.... Longer leads our center clearances per game...with 2.

I looked at the stats , and you are probably right.
Average clearances.

Steven 5.5
Marshal 5.3
Dunstan 4.7
Gresham 4.7
Steele 4.7
Clark 4

In the most bizarre statistic ever.... Longer leads our center clearances per game...with 2.
He does that a lot. Gets in the way. His best skill.

I agree that Marshall needs to play in the ruck. It's his best position by far and his mobility against Mumford could be an asset.

But I would also keep Battle in the backline. He has improved with every game and has started looking comfortable enough to go for marks instead of spoil and has started generating attack. He is a smart player and his kicking from the backline has been setting us up well. Joyce is a bit too much like Brown for mine, so would rather not have two dour defenders playing at once.

That only leaves Marsh as an option for an additional key forward, either if Bruce is injured or to play alongside him. There is the question marks over his fitness but if he has been named emergency twice then the club obviously feels he is fit enough for full game.

This is probably the first week this season that selection will be interesting because there is so many ways we could go.

Battle is still a better forward he’s back there next year anyway. I’m happy to see what Marsh has but I’d still go
Joyce, just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back