Preview Round 7, 2022: Hawks v Dees at the G after a 5 day break......ouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn wasn’t horrible today but I get so nervous every time he touches the ball.

Finn and Worpel out.

Long and Bramble in.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Ward rested for Shiels, looks a bit tired.

Out
Ward, McDonald (rest), Worpel and impey (dropped)

In
Long, bramble Reeves and Lewis

Hoping reeves and Lewis are fit. Badly missed today.
Give ward and McDonald a rest for a week.

Worpel and Impey look badly out of form.

Leave Finn in, just get him to tag Petracca

Dear Melbourne, please rest Max Gawn & Clayton Oliver. They’re both in desperate need of a break. Sincerely Hawthorn F.C.

Can't see much value in dropping Impey who is short of a gallop, for Bramble who is in the same position after 1 game at Box Hill.

I'd keep Impey in, and replace Finn with Bramble.

Dear Melbourne, please rest Max Gawn & Clayton Oliver. They’re both in desperate need of a break. Sincerely Hawthorn F.C.
Petracca also looked pretty sore last night , May was feeling his hammy late, Jackson got a head knock so better to be safe than sorry .
Think thats another 3 changes for them 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see much value in dropping Impey who is short of a gallop, for Bramble who is in the same position after 1 game at Box Hill.

I'd keep Impey in, and replace Finn with Bramble.
Would absolutely kill our run without Finn. For all his flaws he worked tirelessly up and back when a lot of our other players didn’t. We have so many players not running or looking underdone. Adding in more won’t help.

If all our players gave the same effort as Finn did we’d be in a good place. We just need his kicking sorted. Though it did look better this week, more missed kicks because they were cut off rather than just awful.

Would absolutely kill our run without Finn. For all his flaws he worked tirelessly up and back when a lot of our other players didn’t. We have so many players not running or looking underdone. Adding in more won’t help.

If all our players gave the same effort as Finn did we’d be in a good place. We just need his kicking sorted. Though it did look better this week, more missed kicks because they were cut off rather than just awful.
His reaction time concerns me. His speed of decision making and execution is what slows us down.

Its dangerous to look ahead but past the Dees we have 3 very winnable games over the month.

I would keep this is mind this week, we want us firing all cylinders not gassed for those games.
Perhaps Ward and Macdonald get a rest , Long in to debut and a bigger mature body .

Play the long game might not be a bad idea here.

His reaction time concerns me. His speed of decision making and execution is what slows us down.
I agree his decision making isn’t quick. It looks like he’s really trying to make the right decision and hit his kicks rather than it just coming naturally to him.

I think it stems from his poor kicking, if that improves, I think we will see him playing a lot quicker.

I just feel we probably need him to play because he provides an extra number all over the ground. Especially as most of our other players are pretty static. We’d get exposed a lot more defensively without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back