Autopsy Round 7, 2024 : Hawks get pecked by Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan and Moore are the only two forwards holding their position on honest effort. Even Mitchell doesn’t earn a spot in my opinion. He’s too fragile and fragility is not a luxury we can afford with the way the rest of the line plays.

Desperate times. I’m not sure how we’ll fix it. Roughy needs to pull a phenomenal FA move out of his ass or we’re stuck here for a long time.

I'm not going to pot Chol. He didn't have a good game today but he's putting in a trying performance given the circumstances.

He's being set up to fail and we're wondering why he's doing poorly. High inside 50 kicks on top of his head against a 2 on 1 or they drop too short so he has to pick it up from his feet.

Sam just keep it simple please. Stop being so ****ing cute on selection.

We cannot go in with a KPP trio of Hardwick, Gunston and Chol. It's madness.

The forward line should be embarrassed. Beaten to the ball every single time. Out of position every single time. Late to the contest, or not even arriving, every single time.

The forward line, unfortunately, is awful. The rest of the team can improve, but the forwards are dead set horrid.
Our fowardline is sitting in the stands.
Lewis, Breust and Wingard would have helped a shitload today

I agree with everything said above, it is really worrying signs. Although we are expected to struggle this season, heavy defeats will continue to build up the pressure cooker.

Frost,Worpel,Meek, Ambrosio (injured today) are the only positives this year. Great to see VC Moore back at his best the past fortnight and B&F Day back in the team today.

Honestly every other player has been inconsistent or stagnated this season. You can't win games off footy when you get out hunted every week.

Positive is Frenchy with two 'almost' breakout performances.
Day getting through unscathed.
Scrimshaw's last quarter.
Meek dominating Grundy.

The sooner Moore is our captain the better.

I thought the bronx cheers for Chol was embarrassing. Lone tall forward up there and the delivery is absolutely putrid. I can't believe a Sam Mitchell midfield can use the ball so bad. Our best users are all across half back, such as Sicily, Scrimshaw, Amon. Those guys need to be played further up field.

Pretty shit to hear the bronx cheers. I'm in N7 and there were a few doing it.

I'm not going to pot Chol. He didn't have a good game today but he's putting in a trying performance given the circumstances.

He's being set up to fail and we're wondering why he's doing poorly. High inside 50 kicks on top of his head against a 2 on 1 or they drop too short so he has to pick it up from his feet.

Sam just keep it simple please. Stop being so ******* cute on selection.

We cannot go in with a KPP trio of Hardwick, Gunston and Chol. It's madness.
Nah mate. There are so many moments when Chol could elect to attack the fall of the ball hard to make a contest but he just doesn’t want to. Only wants to go for marks.

Last edited:
Just a question- Chol has speed and Chol has an awesome leap? So why the f#ck does he not lead up at the ball kicker?
Would you trust our midfield to hit him up on the lead? Moore yes but not many others

Just a question- Chol has speed and Chol has an awesome leap? So why the f#ck does he not lead up at the ball kicker?

Because there's no space to lead to.

He has one KPP putting the body on him and another standing in his leading lane. The opposition show zero respect to Dimma or Gunston.

What we need is the other forwards to lead to open up spaces for Chol to run into.

Instead we get the same predictable high ball to no one in particular and have to hope that Chol is in the position to contest it.

Our forward line is so stagnant it's beyond frustrating. Same thing happens with Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pantsed by a much better team. We tried but their pressure was elite and we folded.

i think we will give the dogs a shake and take care of the saints in tassie.

We are missing lewis desperately. Chol has been poor apart from north. He deserves to be dropped but will be much better as number 2. Capability and effort not up to being the main man.

I couldn’t care less how many forward entries they had if we don’t look at how badly we performed in other areas - chased tail all day. They toyed with them

That third quarter, I walked away half way through - it was abysmal

I wasn’t expecting a win but some basic skills performed well would be nice

Not going to single out individual players but there are some that need to take a look at themselves and ask if they could do a bit more

Last edited:
Can Sam and selection please play to some of our players strengths.

The constant shuffling of magnets at half time because our plan A is going poorly (surprise surprise when we line up like that) is not helping the development of our young players.

What's the point of throwing Weddle forward for a quarter when we are ten goals down or subbing off Serong to get Gunners a few cheapies in the back half? Why do we now throw Hardwick back after the opposition have kicked 15 goals?

I do agree with you. But for the sake of the discussion, it doesn't help when we kick 5.12 WTF is going on with our goal kicking?!
Lack of fitness is one factor. I maintain our blokes are not fit. They get outrun by literally every team. They are cooked in the contests and are taking shot when short of breath.

I think the assistant coaches need to be put under the microscope - I am not sure they are the right people for the job

also find it weird that McDonald gets a game ahead of Ward - who has shown a bit at Box Hill since his omission from the ones - maybe time for Connor to go back and do some hard yards -

Dear and Phillips need to be looked at as out lack of key position players is throwing our team out of whack (in this respect the decision to start Ramsden as the Sub is mind boggling). Having Dear/ Ramsden and Phillips in the team maybe won't see them as stars but it allows Sicily and Chol and Scrimshaw and others to not have to play that role and allow them to do what they are better at.

It's not one of the brighter moments for the club and I think this is now paying for the mistakes in 2018/19/20

anyhow - let's try be positive and get the mouth guards back at training

Lack of fitness is one factor. I maintain our blokes are not fit. They get outrun by literally every team. They are cooked in the contests and are taking shot when short of breath.
I think that's also a result of having to scrap for all our shots on goal. We have to work twice as hard for every one.

Starts with the captain and ours just cruises around, points fingers but not inspiring efforts.
We are a mile away from being competitive as every position is lacking.
Relying on Gunstan to be anything these days is delusional, poor in a contested contest and zero ground pressure when required.
Think we have actually outsmarted ourselves going on a youth path, you need someone to set examples and our example setters just don't do it.
Problem is free agents dont go to lowly teams. We’re stuck recruiting interstaters that want to come home. None of them have been “spine” players .

Was watching the clock all through the game. Just sweating it waiting for each quarter to end. Its become very painful. Players being pushed aside, unable to stick tackles, too slow with the ball. Just all around low energy and no urgency. What does the team do during the week? Play cards and smoke cigarettes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2024 : Hawks get pecked by Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back