Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a few who are just not afl standard if you plan on playing finals. We also have several young guys who are still learning the ropes but seriously this just wasn’t good enough from the saints. Early in this game the number of handballs that missed the mark was crazy along with guys coming past calling for the ball and running straight into a port player. Very low football IQ stuff imo.

Sinclair was good lifted late and looks to be running back into form. Wilson was very good his run is incredible and he’s a massive plus. Hastie showed enough to indicate he’ll be a player for us as well, he was burnt off by Burgoyne late but he’s quick and was having a night out.

Surely we’ll look a lot better when we get a few players back but with finals seemingly out of reach I’d keep playing the kids, rotate them through but keep playing them.

Like ima be honest I like Hill. And on paper I thought the Howard trade looked good. But every year it looks worse and worse. We should taken our pick the draft, traded something else for Howard annd Paddy and told freo to get stuffed.

Did we have pick 6 originally?

Decent crop in that range

6. Adelaide: Fischer McAsey (key defender)
7. Fremantle: Hayden Young (defender)
8. Fremantle: Caleb Serong (midfielder/forward)
9. Fremantle: Liam Henry (midfielder/forward)
10. GWS: Tom Green (midfielder)
11. Gold Coast: Sam Flanders (midfielder/forward)
12. Melbourne: Kysaiah Pickett (midfielder/forward)
13. Hawthorn: Will Day (defender)

W Milera is an absolute stud, and sums up what you just need...more high end talent, I'm not sure how you are going to get it as you're too good for bottom 6.

I would absolutely offer the BANK at Mcluaage and LDU

Wanganeen Milera is one of our best usually. He's had a bad couple of weeks and unusually messy. I think we'll finish bottom 6 this season. It's getting away from us and our momentum is spluttering. Best thing for us.

Really need to lift defensive intensity around the ball, that said I don’t think we gave up and saw the likes of Caminiti, Wilson and Angus give it a real crack against a cherry ripe list.

I think RTB needs to let the shackles off, go back to basics, ask for intensity.

Hopefully can build some confidence with easier run of fixtures next month and few big ins. Clearly it helped Port being able to manage Dixon going into this one, while we’re stuck having to bring in kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's face it if Port had kicked straight game was over at half time.
Umps were mighty friendly to Ports talls and gave them 4 goals. Dougal showed the lack of game time first game back on Charlie Dixon is not easy.
They were too fast into and out of stopage Rozee Butters JHF and Powell Pepper to our no-one. That was the difference in the two sides.

NWM is fumbly at times that needs to improve.
Wilson is already a player and ahead of Pou at the moment.

Marshall going down and clearly sore was a setback we could do without.

Anyway the Calvary is coming so hopefully we get better from here on in.

Must win the next 3

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Easy to blame the list, but nobody thought it was that bad at the start of the year.

Coaching has to take some responsibility. Why is everybody so out of form?

Our structures look dreadful. Looks like a lot of basic mistakes happening around stoppages.

Fitness looks crap this year as well. I was shocked at the Essendon game on particular. We were dead on our feet by the 3rd qrt.

At present we look like a bottom 4 side, the list is not that awful.
That’s BS
The list is paper thin missing key players and we have no depth to cover any injuries
Midfield is bottom 4 quality
Was the coaching and game plan shyte against Pies?
Was it shyte when we kicked 5 or 6 in 15 minutes against GWS?
It’s shyte cause the talent on the park can’t execute and don’t have the skills
Pre game Lyon said - against Dogs we tried to go too fast, and don’t have the capability to pull it off.
Have a look how slick Port moved the footy from inside to outside ….while our dumb players all got sucked into the contest….time and again…that’s not coaching that’s dumb players….

2024 is about the kids developing, Ive decided.

Expectations is the source of all suffering.

Wilson was excellent
Pou starting to look better
Windhager becoming a gun
Caminiti developing well
Garcia a tackle merchant
NWM rolled gold
Owens will be a beast

RTB building a team to contest for a flag

Be nice to win a few though, let's see how we go when we play a few ar home.

Another thing on coaching, must we always be physically the weakest side in the comp.

Wtf do we even do at training, is the weight room banned?
Because we’re too good for the slow inside mids like Matt Crouch, just need fast players that kicks well a la Hill

Maybe players who can get the bloody thing was the key after all

We lost every single measured metric. Should we still have won??

I think we make the game ugly on our terms so in a way you make your own luck. Umpiring got them over the line. We were 100% in that at a neutral venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back