Autopsy Round 7: Richmond v Collingwood @ MCG - Change for Port Adelaide

Vote for your MVP's for the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys I know Menadue wasn't on for long against the Pies but thought he looked super dangerous, man he covers the ground!
I reckon give him another week.
And tbh I thought we looked dangerous with McBean in the side, he could have had 5+ more touches, so many kicks to his clear leads went wayward which was very unlucky for him, he had been getting better delivery in the VFL...

Anyway, very bloody happy with the win. Was on a weekend trip in Fukuoka, meant to avoid the scores and watch the replay this eve (which I've done anyway) but my Uncle messaged GO TIGERS so I knew the result... Was still out of my chair when Riewoldt snapped our last goal.

No real bad players this eve, though honestly Elton looked a downgrade on Astbury, and Morris did some real nice things and was more involved regardless of his low disposal count, but still would rather see Menadue get another crack.

Liked Vickery's game too, did some great things!

changes for Port... really hard after a stirring win.

possibly OUT: Elton, Morris, Hunt/Batchelor
IN: Griffiths (play down back?), Edwards, Conca

B: Grimes - Rance - Chaplin
HB: Houli - Griffiths - Batchelor/Hunt
C: B Ellis - Conca - McIntosh
HF: Martin - Vickery - Deledio
F: Edwards - Riewoldt - McBean
R: Maric - Cotchin - Miles
Int: Vlastuin - C Ellis - Grigg - Menadue

emerg: Batchelor/Hunt - McDonough - Lennon

maybe give McIntosh a rest for McDonough or Lennon?

Was super impressed with Cotch, haven't seen him play a game like that since 2012 and he looks to be back to his best. Was embarrassed that Vickery kicked 3 against us, as he's definitely my least favorite player in the league.

Grigg played out of his skin, and Lids has had an immediate impact coming back into the side. Fingers crossed he's over his Achilles problems he's an absolute gun at full flight!

What happened to Edwards? Had been reading a bit about him and was looking forward to having a look at his game. Had a look around to find out why he was a late withdrawal but came up short. Does anybody know what happened to him?

Was super impressed with Cotch, haven't seen him play a game like that since 2012 and he looks to be back to his best. Was embarrassed that Vickery kicked 3 against us, as he's definitely my least favorite player in the league.

Grigg played out of his skin, and Lids has had an immediate impact coming back into the side. Fingers crossed he's over his Achilles problems he's an absolute gun at full flight!

What happened to Edwards? Had been reading a bit about him and was looking forward to having a look at his game. Had a look around to find out why he was a late withdrawal but came up short. Does anybody know what happened to him?
Edwards as a minor calf issue I think.

I wont go into the good, as most have covered this. But I will go into Room For Improvement.
- When we have the oppo on the ropes we give the ball back far too much. We need to tidy up the skill level, and its mostly carelessness.
- The back 6 must remain with their men, on defensive transition. This can be done by not getting too far up the ground on offence. Those boys need to set up faster.
- Maric, you finally got going from the second quarter. I thought you were just going thru the motions in the first quarter and fumbled badly, but credit to you, you really fired up from there. Keep it up.

Next week
In Griffiths, Edwards.
Out McBean, Menadue

with Conca and Madonna on their heels. Wouldn't mind both of these players replace Morris as the tackling beast in the fwd line.

While i'm still unsure about Hunt and what he can offer to the team...I did like his feint to handball in the middle of the ground in that comeback second quarter?!? where he wrong footed the pies runners and had a clear kick into the forward line...
love a player doing that...very sheds like...

That answers it. Anyone that has a wife that asks why you are doing some thing knows that you press ahead with it no matter what. There is noting worse that tellin the Mrs you might have got it wrong.....Full support dimma. Get it now

My wife tells me I'm doing a bunch of stuff wrong all the time.... just ignore it ;)

wVR0KzZ.png
The extra height is vital , Bean's lack of weight obviously had a significant influence of the weight average .

What is Hardwick's problem with playing Rance on the opposition's best forward? It's extremely annoying and terrible coaching. I thought he would have learnt his lesson from Hawkins. To play Elton on Cloke was just stupid.

Thank grigg for that, fkin killed him all day

Pendlebury had a purple patch, but apart from that, he was virtually unseen, or had no damaging possessions. I didn't notice who was playing on him and therefore assumed it was either Grigg in the shutdown role, or Taylor Hunt. But Grigg created so much run and carry and was in space without an opponent. If Grigg had the job on Pendlebury, not only did he shut him down, but he was one of the most attacking games Grigg has played since 2012. Would say that yesterday was his best game for the club.

I remember everyone bitching about Jack moving up the ground away from Full forward.
He's a much better footballer for it.
He's a better player than than when he was winning Coleman medals.
I sometimes wonder if people realize just how good he is.
He's easily our most skilled player.
In fact I reckon he's one of the best pure footballers in the game.
Magnificently skilled on both sides,smart and just getting better.

Just watched a replay and Jack was a little clumsy, turned it over a couple of times when he was on the ball. We got away with it.

And the whole team did look at sea with Rance in the middle at the start.

..but it shows that as long as someone is kicking goals (Vicks & the midfield & Jack himself) then Jack doesn't have to live in the fwd line. which makes us a little less predictable to coach against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any one enjoying Cloke's comments;

"People have their opinion and it's great that people care and want to get involved, but sometimes it's best that they just shut their mouths and realise it is a game of football," Cloke told AFL.com.au after Sunday's loss to Richmond.

It's like he is Edward de Bono or an absolute idiot I can't work out which

Hey guys I know Menadue wasn't on for long against the Pies but thought he looked super dangerous, man he covers the ground!
I reckon give him another week.
And tbh I thought we looked dangerous with McBean in the side, he could have had 5+ more touches, so many kicks to his clear leads went wayward which was very unlucky for him, he had been getting better delivery in the VFL...

Anyway, very bloody happy with the win. Was on a weekend trip in Fukuoka, meant to avoid the scores and watch the replay this eve (which I've done anyway) but my Uncle messaged GO TIGERS so I knew the result... Was still out of my chair when Riewoldt snapped our last goal.

No real bad players this eve, though honestly Elton looked a downgrade on Astbury, and Morris did some real nice things and was more involved regardless of his low disposal count, but still would rather see Menadue get another crack.

Liked Vickery's game too, did some great things!

changes for Port... really hard after a stirring win.

possibly OUT: Elton, Morris, Hunt/Batchelor
IN: Griffiths (play down back?), Edwards, Conca

B: Grimes - Rance - Chaplin
HB: Houli - Griffiths - Batchelor/Hunt
C: B Ellis - Conca - McIntosh
HF: Martin - Vickery - Deledio
F: Edwards - Riewoldt - McBean
R: Maric - Cotchin - Miles
Int: Vlastuin - C Ellis - Grigg - Menadue

emerg: Batchelor/Hunt - McDonough - Lennon

maybe give McIntosh a rest for McDonough or Lennon?

Its hard to make changes to a winning team ~ my philosophy is reward them all for the win.
But Edwards is a MUST IN : replacing Menadue,
I like the idea of Griff down back. I reckon he's looked out of sorts up fwd but I reckon Elton was disgraced, did enough to keep his spot. Cloke 3 goals is breaking even, I don't think astbury would've done better. Got to consider who we play next week. Shulz is a lead out, chest mark , kick a goal type player. Elton probably as good as anyone.

McBean is playing the harder position ~ tall fwd and didn't really do much but wasn't a disgrace either. In fact with him and CEllis I'm blown away how deft their touches are.

I do like the idea of Conca up fwd. But can't see Morris getting dropped.

And resting McIntosh for a week ~ in which case I'd go for McDonough

Collingwood played on at every opportunity.
We played that style from the second quarter and beat em at their own game.
What a win.
Great game,atmosphere.
No Edwards which made the win more satisfying when we didn't have our goal scoring machine on the ground.
I will remember that win for a long time.
Carn you Tigers.

What a game! great win by the boys.....

Lids - I need him to play even if he's on one leg..! people wanting him to be traded can get stuffed
Cotch - His potential was on display tonight. Lead from the front and got us over the line
Rance - Once again the great wall of RFC
Grigg - what happened to him.? best game by a mile
Grimes - i think he was really good today
New kids - Showed so much potential and hope for the future. Hope they get a few more games this season
Dimma - Nearly cost us the game with his stupid move on Rance..! I think the boys saved his arse this time......

Well done boys...next week is the week you've all been waiting for since september.....
carn the tiges....!!

What a game! great win by the boys.....

Lids - I need him to play even if he's on one leg..! people wanting him to be traded can get stuffed
Cotch - His potential was on display tonight. Lead from the front and got us over the line
Rance - Once again the great wall of RFC
Grigg - what happened to him.? best game by a mile
Grimes - i think he was really good today
New kids - Showed so much potential and hope for the future. Hope they get a few more games this season
Dimma - Nearly cost us the game with his stupid move on Rance..! I think the boys saved his arse this time......

Well done boys...next week is the week you've all been waiting for since september.....
carn the tiges....!!
Hopefully this stupid idea will never be discussed on BF again. I say kudos to Dimma for realising it wasn't working and pushing Rance back.

If Rance had started in defence I think the margin would have been far greater.

Your coach stated as much in the game time interview, not sure what he was thinking though.
i think he tried to take the leaf out of Geelongs book the week before by using a bigger body on Pendlebury.Obviously it backfired,but gets some points for something different.

hi guys great win today.
I caught the last few minutes,how did Menadue go?Wanted the eagles to draft him.
Came on last qtr.Had the oppotunity to enter the 1st kick/Goal Club but instead joined the first kick/Point club.Didn't do much but unlike Elton who had to wait 3yrs to sing the song he got his over and done with straight away.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7: Richmond v Collingwood @ MCG - Change for Port Adelaide

Back