Preview Round 7 vs Hawthorn - Cuz Misses, Foley Back & Gus Gets A Run

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will probably be aiming to hit up Gus from the kick ins because they are only going in with the one ruckmen. i really, really hope he plays decent and strings together a few good games. i'd rather spend a draft pick on another mid than trying to find a ruckmen. or keep our picks for the draft instead of trading for one.

Spot on. He has the height and athleticism to win enough hit outs. Can take a mark and kick a goal. Don't know why we're wasting him at Coburg where he underperforms. Bring him in and leave him in and we will all see he lifts and the team will too :cool:

Spot on. He has the height and athleticism to win enough hit outs. Can take a mark and kick a goal. Don't know why we're wasting him at Coburg where he underperforms. Bring him in and leave him in and we will all see he lifts and the team will too :cool:

:)I'LL break it to you Madness, Gus has the height and athleticism to win enough hit outs and take a mark and kick a goal against real ruckmen too - not just whatever token body the Hawks will throw up at him.
Sadly, he won't deliver!! Outside one game v Sydney, he has repeatedly showed us, particularly at Coburg this year, exactly what he is incapable of doing!!!
Further, he ain't underperforming Coburg - nothing could be further from the truth! He plain ain't any good!! Will go down as a player who had a 30 minute purple patch in one AFL game that his club - as has become routine in recemt times - again lost!!
But don't stop me from letting you again don thsoe rose coured spectaclkes on Sunday, look at nothing but positives in the mere meagre henadful of possessions he'll end up with on Sunday and then get back on here Monday morning and try and convince the rest of us realists that you saw what you didn't see!!!
The sooner the likes of Graham and a dozen others are shown the door the quicker we'll improve.:p

:)I'LL break it to you Madness, Gus has the height and athleticism to win enough hit outs and take a mark and kick a goal against real ruckmen too - not just whatever token body the Hawks will throw up at him.
Sadly, he won't deliver!! Outside one game v Sydney, he has repeatedly showed us, particularly at Coburg this year, exactly what he is incapable of doing!!!
Further, he ain't underperforming Coburg - nothing could be further from the truth! He plain ain't any good!! Will go down as a player who had a 30 minute purple patch in one AFL game that his club - as has become routine in recemt times - again lost!!
But don't stop me from letting you again don thsoe rose coured spectaclkes on Sunday, look at nothing but positives in the mere meagre henadful of possessions he'll end up with on Sunday and then get back on here Monday morning and try and convince the rest of us realists that you saw what you didn't see!!!
The sooner the likes of Graham and a dozen others are shown the door the quicker we'll improve.:p

played well in about 15 games last year. The last time I looked Natanui, Sandilands and Kruezer are the only ruckman who stands out in the afl. Every other ruckman in the league is around 200cm, 100kg, can get some hit outs, take a mark, kick the occasional goal. Graham can be as good as nearly everyone of these guys and we would be stupid not to play him from now on. Mark Blake would have definately been written off buy you at 21 years of age but he's still playing ruck is the best team in the league :cool:

I have to admit to getting a fair old chuckle out of MT and Goldust going at it - not over Cleve Hughes these days but now Gus Graham. The proof will be in the pudding - seem to recall KB saying that at one point in his Coaching career:eek:. Of course Gus has to get a run first.

I hope White gets a run as his first half last week was excellent. However, he along with Collins faded badly in 2nd half - both did sweet FA after half time. Me thinks bench will be Farmer, Graham, White and Polak. Astbury, Collins and Hislop at Coburg. Be interested to see if Moore can perhaps salvage his career and prove yet again that he is the Buddy-stopper of 08

If they get the bench players right I reckon this is our best 22 this year.

I'd have Polly (thought he presented well last week and had sure hands), Collins, Graham & Farmer on the bench.

Unfortunately with the Hawks in's and their own issues this is the perfect week for them to actually click so I fear another spanking for our boys.
At some stage after perhaps a close first qtr & a half, the Hawks will get a run-on and gain some confidence and the floodgates will swing open IMO.

Sorry Tigers... :cool:

Amazed he kept his spot after only 5 possessions last week as a midfielder.

Two words:

Last Chance.

He'll know/have been told to put up or shut up, same with Gus and some of the other (relative) oldies. Hardwick is simply going through the list and giving each a final shot. We'll see McMahon before the season's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought both White and Collins disappeared without a trace in second half. Collins form has tailed off last fortnight, perhaps needs spell at Coburg to find his touch. Agree with Tiger Stripes Hardwick is giving a chance for a few to show whether they can turn their careers around. As for Hawks ins - some big names but risk they will be underdone, especially Burgoyne. smacks of both arrogance and desperation.

played well in about 15 games last year. The last time I looked Natanui, Sandilands and Kruezer are the only ruckman who stands out in the afl. Every other ruckman in the league is around 200cm, 100kg, can get some hit outs, take a mark, kick the occasional goal. Graham can be as good as nearly everyone of these guys and we would be stupid not to play him from now on. Mark Blake would have definately been written off buy you at 21 years of age but he's still playing ruck is the best team in the league :cool:

:DFAIR effort for a guy whose played eight senior games in total!!!
I'd suggest that was one decent one at Tigerland and 14 at the Burgers!
Sadly, even his Burgers' form has deserted poor ol' Gus!!
Played well in 15 games - hence our stellar season in 09!!! Where abouts in the top eight did we finish again!!
You need to start wisening up to the fact there is a mountain of difference between a "good in 15 games" for Richmond and a "good for 15 games" in say a Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton or Port Adelaide.
The raps here on Gus, Polo, Thursfield, Collins and others, but they are mediocre by AFL standards, hence we are fifth.
making the long journey this weekend to see the boys play, I'm certain 'Gus' will shine in my presence!!!:D

I have to admit to getting a fair old chuckle out of MT and Goldust going at it - not over Cleve Hughes these days but now Gus Graham. The proof will be in the pudding - seem to recall KB saying that at one point in his Coaching career:eek:. Of course Gus has to get a run first.

I hope White gets a run as his first half last week was excellent. However, he along with Collins faded badly in 2nd half - both did sweet FA after half time. Me thinks bench will be Farmer, Graham, White and Polak. Astbury, Collins and Hislop at Coburg. Be interested to see if Moore can perhaps salvage his career and prove yet again that he is the Buddy-stopper of 08

:DGet a chuckle myself Shuffle ... think the guy would learn!!!
He delights in telling us that we have the best list in 20 years at Tigerland and then uses players such as Hughes as examples of why our list has improved!!!:D

:DFAIR effort for a guy whose played eight senior games in total!!!
I'd suggest that was one decent one at Tigerland and 14 at the Burgers!
Sadly, even his Burgers' form has deserted poor ol' Gus!!
Played well in 15 games - hence our stellar season in 09!!! Where abouts in the top eight did we finish again!!
You need to start wisening up to the fact there is a mountain of difference between a "good in 15 games" for Richmond and a "good for 15 games" in say a Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton or Port Adelaide.
The raps here on Gus, Polo, Thursfield, Collins and others, but they are mediocre by AFL standards, hence we are fifth.
making the long journey this weekend to see the boys play, I'm certain 'Gus' will shine in my presence!!!:D

I hope Angus gets BOG just for Golden boy lol. Thursty and Collins are fine. Collins will be a quality player and Thursty just needs another 5kg. Where you sitting anyway? :cool:

I am really quite annoyed.

Gus is a hack of the highest order, but I can handle them brining him else as we don't have much.

WHITE is on his last chance? HOW MANY F***** chances does this guy get...biggest hack of a footballer...5 possies last week is an absolute disgrace and it's not like he hurts the opposition with those 5 his skills are atrocious. It pisses me off that we dropped Collins (who has potential) and have spuds like White and Graham in the side.

Talk about play favourites with White he is averagin 8 disposals per game and has been on the list for 5 years I think and has never shown anything.

God Hardwicks team selections are baffling me.

As for Collins to go back and "get touch" in the VFL, that is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. How about leave him in for 22 games and watch him blossom..

Far out its killing me....

I hope Angus gets BOG just for Golden boy lol. Thursty and Collins are fine. Collins will be a quality player and Thursty just needs another 5kg. Where you sitting anyway? :cool:

STANDING .. always stand Madness. Forward pocket, underneath the ol Norther/Olympic stand or whatever they call it these days!

I am really quite annoyed.

Gus is a hack of the highest order, but I can handle them brining him else as we don't have much.

WHITE is on his last chance? HOW MANY F***** chances does this guy get...biggest hack of a footballer...5 possies last week is an absolute disgrace and it's not like he hurts the opposition with those 5 his skills are atrocious. It pisses me off that we dropped Collins (who has potential) and have spuds like White and Graham in the side.

God Hardwicks team selections are baffling me.

Wouldn’t get too stressed.

Collins has shown enough this year to suggest he will be with us next year and I would say is just having a spell.

White who is a decent player with a few flaws, in my opinion would be getting a few extra games so Dimma can make a call on him.

And on Gus, even though heaps here reckon he is a dud, Cameron said last week “Every” Tiger will get a run this year so a judgment can be made.

Just chill and go with the flow.:)

If Matt White has a footballing attribute I would like to know what it is. Pace is about all he has got but this is not athletics. Anyway see how they go....I will be there but not expecting much...

Sorry, but this one I cannot and will not accept. COllins out and White stays in. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Not happy Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back