Preview Round 8 Faceoff: GWS Giants v Adelaide @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

You may not have tried to be precise and exaggerated to make a valid point but i reckon we will be missing 6 of our best 22 (Sloane, Smith, Douglas, B Crouch, Jaensch, a KPD (Otten/Shaw).

It's 7, possibly 9 if CEY and Jenkins don't play.

Exaggerated a bit but it's still a massive percentage of our best 22

I can understand GWS being favourites but the AFL.com.au preview has GWS by 40 points, woah!
Yeah I saw that. All the six points were heavily in our favour then I get to the bottom of the article and it says: "GWS by 40 points".

Bit of a stretch IMO.

Yeah, certainly no problem getting a seat this late. I got a premium spot on the wing. Looking at the map, it does seem that the other side of the ground is pretty well fully booked. I suppose that's the members?
The outer wing Ib the sun is much better than the
cold empty shady members ...lots of crows usually on 50m line toward the big grandstand end in the sun. Nice viewing ground

My first time at this stadium. Where do Crows' fans sit?
Seating all around the ground. It's actually a good footy venue. If you buy any GA ticket you should be able to walk around the concourse and join the rest of the Crows fans.

Sorry about the lack of stuff to do/see before or after. The area is pretty vacuous and devoid of any atmosphere.

Seating all around the ground. It's actually a good footy venue. If you buy any GA ticket you should be able to walk around the concourse and join the rest of the Crows fans.

Sorry about the lack of stuff to do/see before or after. The area is pretty vacuous and devoid of any atmosphere.
Sounds a bit like Footy Park.

I just remember one thing I do miss about going to Footy Park. The Kidman Park Scout bbq. I always got my bottle of water and a snag (or three) from them before the game. Now I get my bottle of water from Con at the Railway Station deli. Only $2.20 for a 600ml Cool Ridge.

Yep - Looks like a deserved contract extension is nearly sorted.
It was an open secret that he was co-coaching with Sheedy in 2013.
I didn't even think sheeds was coaching match day & was mainly Cameron.

The first quarter will decide this one. If we concede the first few goals I think we'll lose. But if we're up by a goal or two at quarter time I think we'll hang on
Completely agree!

We need to hammer home our dominance over the years. But if we give them a head start GWS will start thinking they can actually beat us:$:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friendly tip, Farmer's Union Iced Coffee is impossible to buy near the ground. There's a little Kwiky Mart type set-up under the budget hotel the other side of the precinct but that's a long walk. (20 mins return)

So stock up on the train on the way out.

Ten goal Tommy needs to emerge.
His form is brilliant this year, would have him behind Eddie and Laird in the B&F so far. Obviously Danger and Tex will be up there and might be ahead, but Lynchy is a key player for us atm.

5th in the AFL in goal assists, 10th in total marks, 18th in total marks I50, 11 goals.

His form is brilliant this year, would have him behind Eddie and Laird in the B&F so far. Obviously Danger and Tex will be up there and might be ahead, but Lynchy is a key player for us atm.

5th in the AFL in goal assists, 10th in total marks, 18th in total marks I50, 11 goals.

we do have some forwards in good form, I also thought that Tex got his mojo back last week

If it rains I'm pretty confident we will win this.
Our kicking can't get much worse GWS's is arguably the best kicking side in the Comp.
GWS are 15th for contested possessions Adelaide are 3rd.

good chance of rain however even if it doesn't rain that stat would be a real concern for GWS because if it plays out that way we could really limit their outside weapons

We need to be switched on from the opening bounce but I'm in agreeance with you

Friendly tip, Farmer's Union Iced Coffee is impossible to buy near the ground. There's a little Kwiky Mart type set-up under the budget hotel the other side of the precinct but that's a long walk. (20 mins return)

So stock up on the train on the way out.

I take it you've spent a bit of time in South Australia haha?

If it rains we win. Simple.
GWS best bet is an open fast match where they run us off our legs.
Our best bet is an in close arm wrestle where our inside mids can have a big influence on the game.

Rain helps a lot.

Saturday 23 May
Summary
showers.png

Min 13
Max 17
Shower or two.

I take it you've spent a bit of time in South Australia haha?
Unfortunately I haven't mate. Considering how much of your produce I drink every year in Coopers (red, green and stout) and your beautiful reds, I'm yet to travel to your fair state.

My old neighbour in Sydney is from Adelaide, up in the hills, and he told me about the Farmer's Union. I tried one,gotta tell ya it's pretty bloody good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8 Faceoff: GWS Giants v Adelaide @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back