Preview Round 8 Faceoff: GWS Giants v Adelaide @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

My first time at this stadium. Where do Crows' fans sit?
pretty much anywhere would be my guess. remember there's only 7 giants supporters

great write up, my brief thoughts

- genuine 50/50 game, both sides 5-2, both sides have been at times inconsistent within games
- GWS have never won 3 in a row and have never defeated the AFC, will this inspire them or add to the pressure and tension
- We have a host of players that have played well against GWS however Thompson, Danger, Talia are 3 that seem to ring their A game against the Giants
- Matt Crouch can he repeat his NRS performance aganist the Giants
- Tom Lynch, difficult to expect another 10 goalagainst GWS from T-shirt Tommy however he is obviously another who plays with great confidence against the Giants
- Sauces vs Mummy is a huge match-up
- one area where the Giants might struggle is matching up on Betts and Cameron, small forwards seem to play well against GWS
- 50% chance of showers on Saturday which might play in our hands and make it an inside contest
- Davis and Griffen still need to pass fitness tests

Wherever they want. The stadium is usually 85% empty. Expect Adelaide fans to outnumber GWS fans by a ratio of at least 3:1.

Yeah, certainly no problem getting a seat this late. I got a premium spot on the wing. Looking at the map, it does seem that the other side of the ground is pretty well fully booked. I suppose that's the members?

Yeah, certainly no problem getting a seat this late. I got a premium spot on the wing. Looking at the map, it does seem that the other side of the ground is pretty well fully booked. I suppose that's the members?
Any area with more than 10 people per bay is "heavily booked". I'll be rocking up and buying my ticket on the day. No danger of this game selling out. If you don't like your seat, then just move to another one. Nobody will care.

I've only been to the stadium once, the day 10-goal Tommy earned his nickname. From memory the GWS supporter sat on the opposite side of the ground to where the main entrance was located, so you may be right - that may be the members area.

I've never even been slightly concerned that we'd lose when going up against the Giants... except this time. Our outs are going to make it pretty difficult. We're going to need Sauce to get on top of Mumford, and give our inexperienced midfield first use. Talia to nullify Cameron, and Danger, Tex and Betts will need to have massive games too. I'll be optimistic and say Crows in a very close one.

Yes, that's the members side. Half of them sit in the bar which doesn't help the look of the crowd.

You'll be on the 'TV' side of the ground (bring your "Hi Mum" sign). Gets a fair whack of direct sun in the afternoon but will be ok by half time. Ticket sales look at bit softer than the Hawks game a couple of weeks ago but should be a decent atmosphere.

Any area with more than 10 people per bay is "heavily booked". I'll be rocking up and buying my ticket on the day. No danger of this game selling out. If you don't like your seat, then just move to another one. Nobody will care.

True enough. Giants are a few years away from selling out any game.
General admission is good value. Depends how close to Shannon "Nollsy" Nolls you want to be :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the record non-Sydney crowd at Spotless?

They got 13,500+ or something against Hawthorn 2 weeks ago which is rather impressive considering that is a game most of their fans would have expected to lose.

People forget that back in the early 90's it was considered a really good crowd for the swans to break into a 5 digit crowd so with that in mind the Giants are doing very well crowd wise.

Reckon we will Win by 4 - 6 goals.

The crowd will be between 8000 and 9000, with about 2000 Crows supporters there.

I did not expect you guys to be underdogs, but then again I didn't realise the extent of your injuries. The OP also makes a lot of good points in favour of GWS.

In only 7 games so far this year, GWS have beaten 2 sides they have never beaten before - will Adelaide be the 3rd?

I think not - I'm tipping you guys to remain 1 of only 4 sides to have perfect records against the recent expansioners (currently 12-0).

They got 13,500+ or something against Hawthorn 2 weeks ago which is rather impressive considering that is a game most of their fans would have expected to lose.

People forget that back in the early 90's it was considered a really good crowd for the swans to break into a 5 digit crowd so with that in mind the Giants are doing very well crowd wise.
Just says that there are 13,499 Hawthorn supporters in Sydney.

Were you around when Capper started drawing a crowd in the 80's? And when Lockett did in the 90's?

Just wondering whether there is any similar vibe around the current GWS team given that finals are a chance now.

People love a winner as much as anything. Would be seriously exciting if they can start drawing 20k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8 Faceoff: GWS Giants v Adelaide @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back