Round 8 - Geelong V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

if lingy shuts down foley and richo is slightly down on his usual brilliance both of which i think will happen i think the cats by about 8 goals

Beware what seems to be an "easy" game or win.

Getting cocky can come unstuck!

I've seen Richmond three times this year and every time they play a bit better.

Geelong is going to have to counter Simmons, Foley, Richardson and King - all who are playing extremely well - just look at Foley's game in the match last night.

I still favour the cats - but it won't be an easy beat!:)

I think someone like Corey Enright will run with Richo.

Ling to get Foley.
Steve Johnson 5 goals
Tomahawk 3 goals
For the Tigers, Richo and Deledio 2 each.

Best on for the Cats, Bartel, Selwood, Corey.
Best on for the Tigers, King, Symonds and Hyde (im a bit of a fan).

Geelong 39 point winners.

dont forget nathan brown. will be a hard match up, hunt most likely to get him or harley maybe.

they have good players tuck is underated, kane johnson has been absolutly fantastic for them this year. simmonds richo and foley all great players.

jake king good young player in the back line along with newman and raines who will probly be back and thursfield and polak are good key backs. they probly have one of the in form midfields in the comp. brett deledio and tambling are others that are goin well i rate them.

Dunno bout Kane Johnson...yeh he gets the possi's, but he uses them terribly. Useless leader as well. He's a robot.

But yep our midfield is looking pretty good at the momment, simmonds in great form, foley, bling and lids all playing well.

Let's hope the tiges put up a good fight!

Frankly, for the utmost development of our side, I'd like us to play Geelong once a month for the rest of the year, so am looking forward to the game.

I saw every minute of that 157 point loss last year - you had to laugh - and really, the umps didn't do us any favours that night and in reality it should have been a 135 point loss. :D

I guess the fact that 11 Cats players played on Saturday night might be a slight issue, but really that was the softest game played this year so I doubt that would impact on freshness etc.

I'd like to think we'll have a crack (oh dear, was that a Frawleyism?) and not seek to tag every second bloke and come away with our dignity intact and a modest (under 5 goal) defeat.

Then again, when I walk into the G on Saturday (night game is it?) I'll be thinking we should win by 10 goals.... but that's just the Tiger in me.

Bring it on. If we lose, at least I'll get to watch a bloody good side in Geelong.

Bring back John Howat!

Richmond starting our winning run pretty much this time last year. Lets hope it doesnt do the reverse this time.

Mooney to get in some form, kicking four goals. Hawkins and Sj to kick 3 each. Tigers will be outclassed, but can hold their heads up, and take things away from the game. Unfortunatley, it will be another honourable loss.. the third one in a row. Honourable, but a loss all the same.

Geelong 21.15 to defeat the Tigers 14.10.

I believe King broke his wrist last week at training. Shame.

hope this is not true...the dream team will suffer, he's been raking up the points!

im a litttle concerned about this game, however, if blake can put up a good show in the ruck we really are a bit too classy for the improving tiges...

cats by 4-6 goals

Richmond starting our winning run pretty much this time last year. Lets hope it doesnt do the reverse this time.

Mooney to get in some form, kicking four goals. Hawkins and Sj to kick 3 each. Tigers will be outclassed, but can hold their heads up, and take things away from the game. Unfortunatley, it will be another honourable loss.. the third one in a row. Honourable, but a loss all the same.

Geelong 21.15 to defeat the Tigers 14.10.

21 15 to 14 10 is hardly honorable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it'll be similar to both games last season, Richmond are playing a lot better compared to last season and Geelong are playing at about 65% capacity.

Foley will go well i reakon, such a great talent, G.Ablett and Ottens may miss/not return for Geelong, i'm not sure if they'll play Ottens in the 1's yet.

Cats by 25 points

I like the idea of Andrew Mackie lining up on Richo, and really trying to push off him and create space on turnovers... that said Richo is pretty bloody fit

I saw every minute of that 157 point loss last year - you had to laugh - and really, the umps didn't do us any favours that night and in reality it should have been a 135 point loss. :D

I was there, and have watched the replay too. In the last quarter, the umpires practically kicked goals for you. It was obvious they felt sorry for you blokes, they gave us a caning.

I believe King broke his wrist last week at training. Shame.

He will still be playing, this is Jake King we're talking about :thumbsu:

And I'm serious, he'll play.

I like the idea of Andrew Mackie lining up on Richo, and really trying to push off him and create space on turnovers... that said Richo is pretty bloody fit

Who?

Richo will get 29 possessions, 17 marks and 5 goals if you play Mackie on him :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 - Geelong V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back