Autopsy Round 8 : Hawks strangle Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Wins like this do change the nature of things though. Not entirely, but they do create some change.

Issues raised around our list and youth included:
- we need a KPF
- we need to consider who is going to be around on the list if we aren't contending soon

I think you can see that:
- watching a young Mitch Lewis clunk marks helps alleviate some concerns about needing a KPF for the time being
- winning games encourages us to think that we can still contend for premiership/s before a number of players retire such as your Strattons, Frawleys, McEvoys, Gunstons, Bruests, etc.

The other main issue raised throughout the week was around the slow, stagnant, flat footed, football that we are playing and how it allows opposition to get so many numbers behind the ball. Then consistently kicking long bombs and wondering why our connection between the midfield and forward line looks shot. This concern was also partially alleviated today with some faster ball movement.

Yes agree but sadly everyone's time comes such as Rough, Burgoyne, Birchall, Schoe and perhaps would have said Puopolo but thought his game today was immense so will reserve that opinion.

However is still leaves a shit load of cash to go after Cogs and from what I hear he is a monty to be a Hawk next year as will make him an offer that he can't refuse. Patton to lose some bulk, take pressure off his knees and get the all clear from the medicos would be awesome up forward.

Jenkins is hopefully another chance to possible snag to play CHB / Ruck option and Rioli to return from retirement (yes dreaming) along with Mitchell; the new era thus begins.

The TV commentators said they were assuming possible concussion. Hawthorn confirmed to them he wasn't coming back on but said little else. Had no noticeable bandages or ice.
Probably the same niggle that kept him out last week, he was massive in the firts half.

Frawley yet again keeps the leagues dominate forward to donuts but will still attract haters in a few weeks.

Yes agree but sadly everyone's time comes such as Rough, Burgoyne, Birchall, Schoe and perhaps would have said Puopolo but thought his game today was immense so will reserve that opinion.

However is still leaves a **** load of cash to go after Cogs and from what I hear he is a monty to be a Hawk next year as will make him an offer that he can't refuse. Patton to lose some bulk, take pressure off his knees and get the all clear from the medicos would be awesome up forward.

Jenkins is hopefully another chance to possible snag to play CHB / Ruck option and Rioli to return from retirement (yes dreaming) along with Mitchell; the new era thus begins.
Your lost me at Jenkins

Gee we look better without Wingard or Roughead I can’t tell. From my days at Port I’d say Wingard he just isn’t Hawthorn.

I think we have to judge Wingard at the end of the year even into the next as has all the tools with freakish talents so we should let him settle in I reckon. He has had some injuries and not in peak fitness so lets be patient and give him time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS really don't like the mcg. We were good but they were way off.[/QUOTE
However is still leaves a **** load of cash to go after Cogs and from what I hear he is a monty to be a Hawk next year as will make him an offer that he can't refuse. Patton to lose some bulk, take pressure off his knees and get the all clear from the medicos would be awesome up forward..
Why we would go after them if they (GWS) don`t go well at the G which is our home ground:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::p

Frawley has his moments of ‘what the actual **** mate?’ but his haters need to watch games like this and realise how bloody good he can be at nullifying threatening talls.

TOB is becoming more and more required in defence. Having him and Sicily who have booming field kicking is becoming very handy.

Silk was absolute sublime in the fourth when the game needed to be iced.

Mitch Lewis is coming along bloody nicely. Give this kid a bit of confidence and he could be anything.

All in all an enjoyable day at the footy!

Your lost me at Jenkins

Was all Australian not so long ago and touted as the best ruckman in the comp and heard he is not at all happy at Adelaide under Pyke.

Quote;
Adelaide star Josh Jenkins has revealed he was ‘very dirty’ to be dropped for Sunday’s game against Gold Coast and let his feelings be known to Don Pyke when the news was delivered over the phone.

If we got him for nicks then I would say bring it on as a big bloke who could nail CHB.

Clarko turning up to the cafe for his coffee with Gillon.

tenor.gif

This is how i'll be rocking up for work on monday

True, but just after a good win against a more fancied opponent, surely we can save those thoughts for a later time?
I don't know... he used "ect" I wouldn't take anything he said with any credibility at all.

Do all the supporters that criticise our youth forget what the champions of our three peat were like early in their careers? Nothing wrong with our <50 game players, just lacking a couple of top 10 picks.

That's a good point. It took what seemed like forever for Roughie to come good and look how he turned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8 : Hawks strangle Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back