Preview Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney - Gabba, Saturday 1st August, 5:10PM AEST *PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • Swans

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker was non existent! Plenty of players vying for his spot goodbye him. Lonie in.

Savage and Robbo deserve games. Coffield hot and cold. Paton inconsistent makes poor decisions we have depth at HB.

I guess they just can't see the reasoning behind you constantly wanting three of our players out of the side irrespective of their form.

Paton. Howard. Geary

Coffield. Carlisle. Clark

Hill. Steele. Billings.

Hind. Battle. Membrey.

Butler. King. Kent.

Ryder. Jones. Gresham.

Marshall, Sinclair, Parker, Ross.

EMG. Lonie, Bytel, Marsh, Byrnes

Just about covers it I reckon. Parker and Sincs should get 3 games in a row to settle. Then, if it's not going great, drop one or the other and rotate through the guys going okay in the scratch matches.

Paton. Howard. Geary

Coffield. Carlisle. Clark

Hill. Steele. Billings.

Hind. Battle. Membrey.

Butler. King. Kent.

Ryder. Jones. Gresham.

Marshall, Sinclair, Parker, Ross.

EMG. Lonie, Bytel, Marsh, Byrnes

Just about covers it I reckon. Parker and Sincs should get 3 games in a row to settle. Then, if it's not going great, drop one or the other and rotate through the guys going okay in the scratch matches.
you better re-evaluate that backline or I will key your car!

(obviously a joke but the pun is in there :p)

Parker did nothing and was fumbling alot...Coffield had 7 touches. Paton turns it over common sense. Do u watch games?
Patons DE last 3 weeks,
75% port
81% adelaide
92% fremantle

That 75% was good for equal 5th in the team, yet you have him dropped every week for turning it over?

And our defense kept a scoring side to 44 and you want to drop 2 of them?

George nice to see i got banned recently for defending myself but you'll allow comments calling me a troll and a fake.

I can't have an opinion WITHOUT being ridiculed or picked on. Don't like my opinion scroll past

Unfounded and unwarranted criticism of Ben Paton shouldn’t go without being called out for the absolute drivel it is. It does my head in enough seeing him mentioned in the Facebook comments by the same clueless people every week as someone who should be dropped.

Parker is non-existent and Lonie takes his spot.

Coffield is hot and cold and paton is inconsistent and bad Decision Maker.
The thing is, your comment on Parker has merit. He really didnt do much and the limited times he did contribute, he fumbled a lot or made poor decisions. Him being dropped would be completely warranted.

Yes at this stage in his career, Coffield can be hot or cold. He has some moment in the game where he didnt impact contents or mis positioned himself. And he didnt get many possessions but the few he did get were quality. His previous game against Adelaide was excellent and he received coaches votes for his efforts. Someone like Coffield won't be dropped after one okay game.

But you then invalidate your entire viewpoint when you continually - week after week - wanting to drop Paton despite him continually perform well and doing nothing that warrants his omission. Paton was great - his third quarter performance was a large reason we were still in the game at 3/4 time. His steady performances week after week show that he isn't inconsistent.

He turned the ball over a few times on the weekend - so did the entire side - but when we look at the entire season, he ranks 19th out of the 25 players we have fielded this season for turnovers per game. So your claims he regularly turns over the ball are incorrect and therefore, should stop being used as a reason to drop him every week because it is just inaccurate.

The thing is, your comment on Parker has merit. He really didnt do much and the limited times he did contribute, he fumbled a lot or made poor decisions. Him being dropped would be completely warranted.

Yes at this stage in his career, Coffield can be hot or cold. He has some moment in the game where he didnt impact contents or mis positioned himself. And he didnt get many possessions but the few he did get were quality. His previous game against Adelaide was excellent and he received coaches votes for his efforts. Someone like Coffield won't be dropped after one okay game.

But you then invalidate your entire viewpoint when you continually - week after week - wanting to drop Paton despite him continually perform well and doing nothing that warrants his omission. Paton was great - his third quarter performance was a large reason we were still in the game at 3/4 time. His steady performances week after week show that he isn't inconsistent.

He turned the ball over a few times on the weekend - so did the entire side - but when we look at the entire season, he ranks 19th out of the 25 players we have fielded this season for turnovers per game. So your claims he regularly turns over the ball are incorrect and therefore, should stop being used as a reason to drop him every week because it is just inaccurate.

Besides all of these very good points you make, bringing Savage, or even Robbo back at this stage is completely counterintuitive to building our next finals ( dare I say it - premiership) side.

Personally, I couldn’t be happier with the young back six we have - just look at how they withstood a huge onslaught in the third quarter on Saturday.
At a guess, unless any one of those guys need a rest, they will not be dropped.

Regarding Parker, first game back in ages, I’m happy to back him in for another couple.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides all of these very good points you make, bringing Savage, or even Robbo back at this stage is completely counterintuitive to building our next finals ( dare I say it -premiership) side.

Personally, I couldn’t be happier with the young back six we have - just look at how they withstood a huge onslaught in the third quarter on Saturday.
At a guess, unless anyone of those guys need a rest, they will not be dropped.

Regarding Parker, first game back in ages, I’m happy to back him in for another couple.
Absolutely - win or lose right now, we are building this side for the next 4-5 years which means we need that group playing together as much as possible.

pretty spot on, Parker didn't do enough, let a few opportunities slip but also nailed a few others, even though he's 24 he's had to come from a lot further back than almost anyone on our list, has had 2 preseasons and on his second coach. the "potential" is there, but if we kick him out of the side after his 1st game back then what's the chance we see that potential. I'm a fan but I'm also realistic that its going to be very tough for him to make it

as for Coff and Paton, we just kept the league leaders to 44 points, the only way that back 6 changes atm is from injury

Parker was non existent! Plenty of players vying for his spot goodbye him. Lonie in.

Savage and Robbo deserve games. Coffield hot and cold. Paton inconsistent makes poor decisions we have depth at HB.
Paton was bloody good against the Power, not even close to being dropped. You’ve completely lost it.
Coffield has been building and building and played some good games. No chance of getting dropped. Only way Roberton is getting back in is if Wilkie gets injured.
I could see Lonie coming back in for Parker, but the other 2 you are way off.

Put my hand up, I didn't think much of Paton in the first few matches but he's really grown on me. I thought he was doing the hard things right but making simple errors, getting himself into trouble and making a few easy disposal errors but to his credit he really has performed in the past 3 or so games.

I'm loving our backline right now so wouldn't make changes unless completely necessary.

The likes of Phillips, Langlands, Austin and Mckenzie shouldn't get a run in the team unless we are forced through injury.

Put the best 22 week in week out until finals is guaranteed.

Sorry I know you're dedicated but you're talking absolute twaddle.

Why do Savage or Robbo deserve games? No one deserves anything.

Coffield is blossoming right before our eyes, and he could be the intercept defender Melbourne had thought Lever was, but that's not good enough? The guy has been instrumental in the last 2 games, you'd want to see how far he can take that before dropping him.

Paton is likewise becoming a dependable strong small defender, he has made occasional errors, no more than any other player, and his inclusion will make us stronger in the future, Savage on the other hand is limited. Not a bad player but strictly depth nowadays.

Seems like you are desperately finding any excuse to shoehorn your favourites into the team without thinking about the team or the results. Your loyalty is clouding your analytical process.

Frankly every time you suggest changes the suggestions are genuinely bizarre and terrible. I would focus on other elements of supporting the club if I were you, all you'll get from interacting in the selection process is ridicule and static.

When is the last time we beat Sydney? Seems like they've smashed us for the last 10 years.
Tis true they have violated us in unholy ways for way too long. And it's been most painful.

Time for us to get some Hyde back by whipping their arses over till they are just red with all the white gone except for a surrender flag that they will hoist out at 3/4 time pleading No mas..No mas....

We have proven what we can bring against some good sides this year. The next step in the evolution of this team is to develop a killer instinct to ram it home and crush a side we really should dominate!

All this talk makes me wanna pay a visit to the Hellfire club!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back