Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what he was doing in the VFL on the weekend translates - gun medium forward who can cut teams up in all ways. It was a wow game, I thought.
I agree mate. Haven’t seen him play with such confidence like that before, up the field at least. Henry has him for aerial forward craft inside 50, but reef (who is still decent aerially) has him elsewhere

I get we all want to move on to WCE but I’m still caught up in the past, beating Carlton again, I particularly enjoyed the part where Dane Swan described how they roll over so we can pat their tummy.

OK WCE, I’m hoping for 4 quarters of dominance, no messing around, foot to the throat stuff.

I agree mate. Haven’t seen him play with such confidence like that before, up the field at least. Henry has him for aerial forward craft inside 50, but reef (who is still decent aerially) has him elsewhere
Agree on skillset, but Henry reads it better and has that elite forwards timing of when to lead. Plus plays in a forward line where he gets more space.

Reef's got a really high ceiling though. He's developing really well and keeps adding to his game.

He’s the same size as 2023. The difference is opposition clubs are challenging him differently this year. On Thursday we had Mihocek pulling Weitering outside 50 whenever we could, but with Q the opposition are supposedly pulling him a kick and a half to the fat side so he can’t intercept in 2 v 1 situations.

He’d be tracking similarly in every other aspect of his game because he’s always been a touch fumbly (not Noble, but not Pendles either). As the season wears on clubs will start trying to take other things away from us and back off Q which will bring him into it more.
Agreed. When you watch the game live & back on replay you can see the oppo teams are avoiding kicking it near Q. They'd be more than aware of his 1v1 dominance. He's still always haggling, applying non stop pressure to 2, 3, 4 players stopping them from moving the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Mitchell out, this is the game for Fin to play a full game alongside Pendles.
Pretty sure Sullivan has earned that right over Fin after Friday nights game.

Wouldnt mind seeing Sheed getting dropped even if he has been in awful form. Probably gonna have 45 touches out of nowhere if he plays
I’m not happy with sheed the squeeler after Jordy bump on Hewett
Whinging and whining to get him rubbed out

I think Carlton will topple the Dees. And I know it's blasphemous, but I hope they do. We need to finish top 4 so the more games lost by current top 4 teams the better.
Agree I think Melbourne are a more dangerous opponent too. Shame they beat Geelong as we would have moved past either Mel or Carl this week regardless of who wins that game if we beat the eagles

Agree I think Melbourne are a more dangerous opponent too. Shame they beat Geelong as we would have moved past either Mel or Carl this week regardless of who wins that game if we beat the eagles

Looooong way to go

If we're gonna make Top4, we have plenty of time to make it happen

Just gotta keep banking the wins we should be banking. This week with the entire Top 8 playing each other, we have a chance to really create a platform for the second half of the season.

While I continue to not wear Collingwood merch when watching, we should be fine

friends-joey-tribbiani.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back