Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are within a few goals at the last break "you should be able to get home"? What a load of biased dribble "landers" if that is your real name. What if you are kicking into the wind? You do realise it's at footy park, our home, so our crowd will be cheering our boys home. We also finished the game quite well against our "faster" rival on Saturday. Try again.

If you are within a few goals at the last break "you should be able to get home"? What a load of biased dribble "landers" if that is your real name. What if you are kicking into the wind? You do realise it's at footy park, our home, so our crowd will be cheering our boys home. We also finished the game quite well against our "faster" rival on Saturday. Try again.

Did you learn that line from Gunnar?

I read in the age Davis "needs another week" which subsequently should mean Heath Grundy, whom we drafted from Adelaide will stay in the team.

Grundy's played fairly poorly this season although he had a back injury throughout the pre-season and was shoved into the round two team without even playing a reserves game. Very mystifying.

Hall's knee is fine. I didn't see the game on the weekend but he kicked 4 goals 4 and had no problems moving at all according to people who saw the game. So forget Rutten running off him.

Jared Crouch, another Adelaide boy will most likely be included for his first seniors match since his record run of games was broken last year. He had a good showing for the reserves last week. Sean Dempster will make way for him due to injury.

Adelaide by 3 goals.

criows win by 15 goals

Just saying Swans have been playing there best footy in last quarter this year of course wind and crowd will play part but i think its a bit more obj than crows by 15 goals IMO. Swans have scored 85 points and only conceded 18 so far in last quarters this year. anyway looking forward to see how swans go against crows there 1 of few teams in comp that seems good at counteracting numbers round the stoppages.

Might be a toughy despite our record. Our injury list is still pretty ridiculous, and you can't expect our youngsters to perform as well as they did against Port every single week. Will be close.

Would do but, how should I put this? ... I'm trying to get in her pants. So need to put in a bit of groundwork. We all have to make sacrifices.

Mate go to the football and turn up when it's finished. She'll think you couldn't care less about her and that football or wherever you were is more important than seeing her. (If she actually knows you exist) , your chances of getting into her pants have doubled.

Just been announced that ch10 will telecast against the gate again.

This will test the Crows fans and more no shows? :eek:

This has been known for over 4-8 weeks (was an Advertiser article I think from memory), the Collingwood game in 2 weeks on a Saturday Night will be shown live against the gate as well in SA in HD just like this weeks match. The Crows Home Showdown will also be shown in HD later in the year but I am not sure if it will be live against the gate in SA.

Should be good to watch the replay in HD on the big tv. Neverless nothing like being there so I will be @ footy park, love night games. Pity no interstate Saturday Night games of the crows will be in HD.

EDIT: But your right it should be interesting to see the crowd attendance, should be able to see if these live against the gate games will hurt the attendances significantly.

That 15 goal prediction was made after getting home from town following the Crows heroic and inspiring Showdown victory over the Enemy. I was fair sloshed to be honest. But i think we can win by 8 goals, go **** yourself jokiKan, just because Sydney haven't lost by that much in a while doesn't mean it won't happen this week. We regularly trounce you, you are our little bitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rightio...

Anyway, the thing is this Swans team plays best when not expected to win. Its so frustrating watching them strangle the life out of crappy teams rather than put them away as everyone expects. Its like they need intensity in a game to play their best - so you see many times when they're losing they lift the intensity and find a way to win.

The Crows are a well drilled & coached team and will bring intensity. It will be a good & close game. Sydney will bring their A game, watch out. :thumbsu:

Crows to wait on Rutten

1 hours, 40 minutes ago | Back
for Adelaide Football Club

Source AFC website

News

Adelaide will give full back Ben Rutten until Saturday morning to prove his fitness for Saturday’s night’s clash with Sydney.

Rutten, who has not trained this week because of a corked calf, has been named in an unchanged Crows 22. So, too, have Nathan van Berlo (hamstring tightness) and Jason Porplyzia (corked thigh), who were rested from Wednesday’s main training session.

Upgraded rookie Andrew McIntyre was named as one of the emergencies.

Adelaide trains on Friday morning from 10am at AAMI Stadium.

The team is:

B: Richard Douglas, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett

HB: Andrew McLeod, Scott Stevens, Michael Doughty

C: Brett Burton, Simon Goodwin, Martin Mattner

HF: Bernie Vince, Nathan Bock, Brent Reilly

F: Jason Porplyzia, Ian Perrie, Scott Welsh

1R: Ben Hudson, Tyson Edwards, Scott Thompson

Int: Jonathon Griffin, Nathan van Berlo, Jason Torney, Chris Knights

Emerg: Luke Jericho, John Hinge, Andrew McIntyre

Crows to wait on Rutten

1 hours, 40 minutes ago | Back
for Adelaide Football Club

Source AFC website

News

Adelaide will give full back Ben Rutten until Saturday morning to prove his fitness for Saturday’s night’s clash with Sydney.

Rutten, who has not trained this week because of a corked calf, has been named in an unchanged Crows 22. So, too, have Nathan van Berlo (hamstring tightness) and Jason Porplyzia (corked thigh), who were rested from Wednesday’s main training session.

Upgraded rookie Andrew McIntyre was named as one of the emergencies.

Adelaide trains on Friday morning from 10am at AAMI Stadium.

The team is:

B: Richard Douglas, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett

HB: Andrew McLeod, Scott Stevens, Michael Doughty

C: Brett Burton, Simon Goodwin, Martin Mattner

HF: Bernie Vince, Nathan Bock, Brent Reilly

F: Jason Porplyzia, Ian Perrie, Scott Welsh

1R: Ben Hudson, Tyson Edwards, Scott Thompson

Int: Jonathon Griffin, Nathan van Berlo, Jason Torney, Chris Knights

Emerg: Luke Jericho, John Hinge, Andrew McIntyre

This is his chance. You have to show something now Jezza; you've got your assets, if you were hard at the footy you could become something. Give it a crack!!

He is an emergency... thats what ambulances are for.

Break out the defibrillator

*giggles like a girl guide*

Having three players in doubt, odds are we will probably have to use one emergency. Depends who doesn't pull up in that case - if it was Porplyzia/VB I reckon Jericho would come in. If it was Rutten then it would likely be a battle between Hinge and McIntyre (although personally I perceive more potential in the latter than the former). Ideally you'd like them all to pull up, but on the same token there is a huge opportunity for those untried blokes/Jericho.

i cant see Jericho playing well against Sydney of all sides but i hope he does if hes needed. Need to be hard at the ball when playing the swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back