Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there an AA forward who Truck doesn't own?
I mean these last couple of years the bitches are: Brown, Tredera, Hall, Lloyd, Gehrig and Lynch.
I think the only two forwards to play alright on him are Neitz and Fevola?

Is there an AA forward who Truck doesn't own?
I mean these last couple of years the bitches are: Brown, Tredera, Hall, Lloyd, Gehrig and Lynch.
I think the only two forwards to play alright on him are Neitz and Fevola?

It's time to bring back Origin.

Just so Van Berlo can give Truck some perspective.

Great first quarter by the Crows. :thumbsu: Terrific discipline and work rate. Our work around the stoppages was great our tackling first rate.

Doughty, I take it back; he is still an important part of this team. Top notch first quarter by him. If Perrie could just bend down he could’ve kicked 2 or 3. Problem is he can’t bend down.

VB was terrific putting his body on the line as we’ve come to expect. Porplyzia’s chase on Goodes was sensational. And people questioned his pace. ;)

The less said about the umpiring the better. :thumbsdown:

We looked QUICK tonight. There were several passages of play where our blokes were level with Sydney's blokes in a footrace to the ball, and we accelerated to get there first (can't name names, just a general thing I noticed). I don't know that we chronically lack pace like the media likes to have everyone think. Heck even Vince tonight, that marking contest where he was outnumbered, slipped two tackles and sprinted away, that was just ****ing awesome. Very impressed with tonight's effort. :thumbsu:

mcloud in amazing form, truck solid as always.
looking good so far, will be interesting to see how we go when roo is included in the lineup.

Problem with a team playing like this one...who do you drop when the injury list comes down?
Great effort against Swans. Intensity was terrific. Tackling awesome. Give VB a medal! He's been taking lessons from Basset with those front-on tackles. Speed? We are a quick side. Interested to hear what Bones and Walls will have to say after the 5th round.

Problem with a team playing like this one...who do you drop when the injury list comes down?
Great effort against Swans. Intensity was terrific. Tackling awesome. Give VB a medal! He's been taking lessons from Basset with those front-on tackles. Speed? We are a quick side. Interested to hear what Bones and Walls will have to say after the 5th round.

Nah, not really. Apart from Johncock and McLeod, there aren't too many players who can turn on the afterburners. Knights and Mattner (and even Douglas) show a bit of dash every now and then but I still wouldn't consider them overly quick.

Nah, not really. Apart from Johncock and McLeod, there aren't too many players who can turn on the afterburners. Knights and Mattner (and even Douglas) show a bit of dash every now and then but I still wouldn't consider them overly quick.

Porplyzia's chase on Goodes is the stuff dreams are made of.

I still think the whole pace argument is overdone.

More than that, so is the whole age crap that Rucci and co love to peddle in a derogatory fashion about the Crows.

Rowey was saying on the radio earlier that the actual team that has represented Adelaide in the past 2 weeks is the 3rd youngest of all the sixteen teams going around, and backed it up with the stats.

Do you think that will ever make the Advertiser??? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think the whole pace argument is overdone.

Absolutely it is.

Pace is important, but it's only vitally important when a team doesn't have the ability to move the ball quickly.

As fast as someone like Judd is, he still isn't as quick as the ball being kicked downfield.

McLeod is quick, Stiffy is reasonably quick, Mattner has a bit of pace - few others too. I believe legspeed in the backlines is more important than legspeed in the midfield.

Finally got to watch the game (bloody Foxtel and CH10 mumble grumble:mad: ).. and I have to say how surprised I was at how enjoyable it was to watch - thought with it being low scoring it would be hard to watch, but it was actually very enjoyable. Very happy with McLeod and Thommo, Van Berlo, Bernie Vince and Porplyzia had terrific nights, Rutten played as good as Ive seen him play for a long time, and actually it was an all over good team effort I thought. Surprised at how quiet Goodwin has been but realised tonight they are persisting with the young fellas in the middle, and Goodwin's role has changed. He checked Kirky pretty well for 3/4 I thought.

Good win by the boys. :D :thumbsu:

Question: Who gets dropped if Shirley pulls up fit this week? I actually think Douglas would be the first in line if I was basing it on that game. Really struggled. For mine Knights' spot is safe, he's on his way to becoming something of a star. Vince has impressed me a great deal in the past two matches, to the point I'm not sure you could drop him given Douglas' performance.

Ummm...let me qualify what I said. I couldn't agree more that the pace thing is overdone, look at the way the Power and Bullies harped on it before our games against them...We are as quick as any team going around. Power, Bullies, WC, anyone. The ball movement the last 3 games has been wonderfully fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back