Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas played the game out ( in fact was right in the thick of it)so presumably will be fit. And he wont be dropped.

Mayne the only complusory change if he doesn’t overcome concussion while Beams and automatic in.

Wills very unlikely to get picked again this week although Bucks does like to show faith in players

Reid also. Did some important if low key things (eg set up the DeGoey goal). If cox had done that we’d be lauding him for brilliant tap work! I’d like to see how Reid goes with cox in the team. Can’t see an issue with a three pronged tall attack. Whe to play wing.

Not quite sure why there was so much hate for Wills.

His task? Match up on one of the biggest and strongest midfielders going around and try to quell his influence. In his first game back for the club in 2 years.

He may not have drawn even close, but he played his role up until start of Q4 and still managed to find some touches once he was released. He looked good in traffic. I think a game against Saints would do him well - if he got matched up on Seb Ross or Jack Billings he'd be getting a great opportunity to show if he can match it with another rising up-and-comer.

Mayne out for sure, he sure did copy a boot from Sidey at the wrong moment :huh:

Wouldn't be surprised if Thomas pulled up sore - he played out the match but Sunday his shin would have been pretty tender.

Given we have our old mate Nate Brown playing down back, seems only fair to drop Cox back in out of the square to nullify his advantage (he's still pretty handy as a spoiler). I don't mind what Reid was doing on Saturday, he had some awful entries to deal with and usually 2 opponents. He still managed to contribute to some scoring chains and dragged his opponents away from CHF to create space for Stevo and DeGoey.

Varcoe in to be a hard nut and provide some run across HB and Wing/Square.

Out: Thomas, Mayne, Reid
In: Beams, Varcoe, Cox

Interesting to see WCE slow down after a 30pt buffer. I suggest Saints won't be able to defend the 'G as well as they could Marvel, and we need to have enough options up forward to keep them guessing. If we leave De Goey in the middle and use Jamie to crumb Cox then I reckon that balances out our attack beautifully with WHE and Stevo providing aerial skills and good pace on the deck.

Maynard hanging on by a thread

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Incorrect.

I am happy with how Roughead has contributed so far, but I don't think there is a match up against the Saints, so would use this to rest him.

Saints key forwards are highly mobile Bruce and Membrey. Moore to Bruce and a Langdon or Howe should be able to cover Membrey. We need to bring in more running small defenders to combat their small fleet, especially at Marvel. Someone like Quaynor might work, or bring Aish back (as much as I don't like him). Otherwise, bring in Goldsack to play on Membrey.

The game is at the MCG this week.

Can’t fault his endeavour, but what are people’s thought on Greenwood in the back half at the moment.

Personally I am starting to think his ball use and decision making is a bit of a liability down there. Would be interesting to see if Quaynor would be a better option..

Not quite sure why there was so much hate for Wills.

His task? Match up on one of the biggest and strongest midfielders going around and try to quell his influence. In his first game back for the club in 2 years.

He may not have drawn even close, but he played his role up until start of Q4 and still managed to find some touches once he was released. He looked good in traffic. I think a game against Saints would do him well - if he got matched up on Seb Ross or Jack Billings he'd be getting a great opportunity to show if he can match it with another rising up-and-comer.

Mayne out for sure, he sure did copy a boot from Sidey at the wrong moment :huh:

Wouldn't be surprised if Thomas pulled up sore - he played out the match but Sunday his shin would have been pretty tender.

Given we have our old mate Nate Brown playing down back, seems only fair to drop Cox back in out of the square to nullify his advantage (he's still pretty handy as a spoiler). I don't mind what Reid was doing on Saturday, he had some awful entries to deal with and usually 2 opponents. He still managed to contribute to some scoring chains and dragged his opponents away from CHF to create space for Stevo and DeGoey.

Varcoe in to be a hard nut and provide some run across HB and Wing/Square.

Out: Thomas, Mayne, Reid
In: Beams, Varcoe, Cox

Interesting to see WCE slow down after a 30pt buffer. I suggest Saints won't be able to defend the 'G as well as they could Marvel, and we need to have enough options up forward to keep them guessing. If we leave De Goey in the middle and use Jamie to crumb Cox then I reckon that balances out our attack beautifully with WHE and Stevo providing aerial skills and good pace on the deck.

Buck's put Wills on Cripps to learn.
If we were tagging him Greenwood would have shut him down.
Simple.

Wells, Q best recent VFL form and Sier looked good first up. Marsh from Sandy was excellent. Maybe give Wills 2 weeks to find his feet and see if he can show something? Last chance, Drop him now and that will end his time at Pies!

Fascinating.

After hearing the VFL report, confirming my view of the even group touting for positions, and the doubtful because of injury, it’s going to be a fascinating selection night.

Fascinating.

I’m going to wait for announcement time, then use the iPhone as you can reveal line by line.
So I’m going to slowly look at line by line.

Fascinating.

Fascinating.

After hearing the VFL report, confirming my view of the even group touting for positions, and the doubtful because of injury, it’s going to be a fascinating selection night.

Fascinating.

I’m going to wait for announcement time, then use the iPhone as you can reveal line by line.
So I’m going to slowly look at line by line.

Fascinating.

Rights or wrongs of his limited form aside, I’m more confident rather than less that Sier will be back for this week’s game. The Pies website has him ‘in the mix’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rights or wrongs of his limited form aside, I’m more confident rather than less that Sier will be back for this week’s game. The Pies website has him ‘in the mix’.
I’m very suspicious they say who is in the mix with an ok from the coaching group.
Just to keep everything on message.

Bucks was pretty clear in the presser last week that Sier needs a bit of footy under his belt to be considered for seniors. He's only played two VFL games.

Mayney in the wars at the moment the poor bugger! No rush to get back, hopefully he rests up

Aish out for a little while now, makes me think he'll come back via the 2s. I'd have him in for Greenwood otherwise

Wills may be lucky to keep his spot, was on a hiding to nothing with the match up on Saturday, but if Beams is fit it's an easy call for mine

Can't see Reid staying in if Cox is fit

Assuming (and hopeful) Maynard and Thomas will be fit to go

Sier a week or two more at VFL level

In: Beams Cox Varcoe
Out: Wills Reid Mayne (inj)

Guys,
Reid has to make way for Cox. The game has just gone past him. He is way too slow for our game-style. We can’t have a 3-tall forward structure either, our balance & chemistry works best with 2 tall. And Cox is light years ahead of Reid. You can’t just look at the stat-sheet. Cox draws players to the ball better than Reid, which opens the play for other forwards. And he’s obviously better at pinch hitting in the ruck. It’s a pretty easy one imo. Considering that:
In: Cox, Beams
Out: Reid, wills
If Mayne doesn’t get up, bring in Varcoe. This is what I’d like to see. Wills is good depth but has to make way for beams. I like what Varcoe offers more than Aish at this stage, he provides more intensity at the contest, which is our biggest weakness right now. Carlton exposed this on the weekend.

Assuming Mayne out so Beams comes in.
Reid out for Cox. Cox's ability to be a target up the line and take a contested mark is something that Reid can't provide, plus I think Cox is a better player. No 3 talls for me, Reid and Cox = too immobile.
Sounds like Seir needs another run, maybe Wells if they think he's ready for Wills. If not Wills probably stays.
Would rather the Q come in instead of Varcoe if they drop Wills for one of them.

The certainties:

Beams returns.
Cox returns.

Mayne will miss with concussion.
Reid the most vulnerable for the Cox return.

Now for the possibles:

Thomas with leg injury misses.
Aish to return or ?

In : Wells, has done enough in 2's. Q has been solid in 2's: takes a lot of kick ins that help his stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back