Rounds 14-17 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 15 trades

Hey guys, I am currently ranked 328th, I have 4 trades left ($280,800 left), and fwd, rucks, and mids are complete and strong.

I currently have a Defence of:
Scotland, Deledio, Fisher, Gibbs, Goddard, Shaw, Heppell
(Puopolo, Batchelor, Toy)

and need to upgrade one of the 4 rookies.

Which defender should I get? I can cover whoever I get with MPP/subs, basically up to which defender will score the most points over the remainder of the season..

Thinking Birchall, or Enright.

Thoughts? Thanks guys

Am sold on Smith at R2 for the time being. Cyril is more of a headache I reckon, so it's time to burn one on him. I only got the bloke in three weeks ago aswell. This will leave me with 6 trades and a trade allocated for Smith if I decide to trade him.

Hey guys, I am currently ranked 328th, I have 4 trades left ($280,800 left), and fwd, rucks, and mids are complete and strong.

I currently have a Defence of:
Scotland, Deledio, Fisher, Gibbs, Goddard, Shaw, Heppell
(Puopolo, Batchelor, Toy)

and need to upgrade one of the 4 rookies.

Which defender should I get? I can cover whoever I get with MPP/subs, basically up to which defender will score the most points over the remainder of the season..

Thinking Birchall, or Enright.

Thoughts? Thanks guys

Interesting quandry - I'd look at Suckling - simply the best kick the hawks have and probably close to the best kick in the comp, hawks love having the ball in his hands, has high efficiency rate and the hawks do have the best run home, apart from him Broughton's move to the midfield on the weekend is certainly food for thought.

Cloke is in awesome form but I still think there are better options out there. I would rather someone like Sylvia over Cloke at this stage.

I postd this late last week in the DT forum, but in my mind Sylvia not a good option at this stage.
Obviously disregard the injury during the Essendon game which precipitated the whole price drop to 'bargain'...
...but just 17, 18, 19 possessions since...104 (with 4 goals, unlikely again), 103 after Freo chucked it in at HT, and 83 last week.
Just think that his 'funk' has co-incided a little too well with Scully returning...

With Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton, West Coast ahead, not great for overall...and pretty sure he'll be a lot cheaper come finals for his last 3 games.

You never seize to amaze me.

Unless you're an epileptic, I guess you mean 'cease'. :eek:

I'm thinking of going no guts no glory with 3 trades left. :eek:

Sandilands > Lobbe

Toy > Fisher.

Team is then complete. :D:thumbsu:

B - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Fisher, Newman, H.Shaw, Broughton

(Heppell, Pupolo, Jacobs)

C - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Dal Santo, Boyd, Goodes

(Mzungu, Hibberd, Callihan)

R - Cox, Smith

(Lobbe, J.Tippet)

F - N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Petrie, J.Riewoldt

(I.Smith, Lynch, Richardson)

I will then ride the wind like Poison and try and get through till finals with 1 trade. ROFL!

Am right for short term injuries as every player on my bench is playing except for J.Tippet.

Lobbe will play for the rest of the season too as Brogan is apparently retiring tomorrow. He's body has had it. :eek:

What's the plan in round 19 with Goodes, O'Keefe, J Riewoldt, Newman and Deledio out?

What's the plan in round 19 with Goodes, O'Keefe, J Riewoldt, Newman and Deledio out?

I use my bench players of course. :rolleyes:

Didn't think you were that dumb to not be able to figure that out. :eek:

Heppell, Hibberd, Puoplo, Jacobs arre ample cover for Newman and Delidio while Mzungu, Callihan and I.Smith are more than capable of filling in for ROK, Goodes and JRoo.

Good teams have premium cover in the forward and backline so this doesn't happen. :eek:

Oh well. You're basically resigning yourself to playing a couple of rookies every week, sometimes up to five.

:eek:

Good teams have premium cover in the forward and backline so this doesn't happen. :eek:

Oh well. You're basically resigning yourself to playing a couple of rookies every week, sometimes up to five.

:eek:

Hardly any of the top teams would have premiums as cover on their benches Arsestrap. I think you have lost the plot. :eek:

In the last few years I have never had premiums as cover on my benches and everyone who is good at supercoach says that it's a waste having all that money sitting on your bench. .ie. If you had Goodes sitting on your bench as bench cover.

I think your argument is quite pointless and has no substance at all.

Mzungu and I.Smith for example score better than Didak anyways.

Back to the drawing board for you Arsestrap. :eek:

This year is different though JM, a premium on the bench is a realistic option with the extra trades and plethora of cows. I should know, i'm running an extra M/F premium :D

EDIT: forgot to add that because of the bye it isn't a wasted premium but having the maximum amount of premiums each week

Oh dear. This year is nothing like past years. Might be why you are failing so hard. The bye means premium cover will be a necessity as we go on. You're out of trades so you can't do it,but you watch all the good teams bring in premium MPP players from here on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and everyone brought in Didak as a M/F premium bench option and look how great that turned out. ROFL! :eek:

Would rather have Mzungu, I.Smith and Callihan anyday as they are way cheaper and don't hang around with underground douchebag criminals like Didak does either. :D:thumbsu:

I don't know anyone who has Cox as a ruck bench premium bench cover and Goddard as premium bench back cover.

This whole discussion is pretty pointless IMO.

99% of coaches on here would be still trying to complete their teams rather than be adding premiums on their bench as bench cover. :rolleyes:

This year is different though JM, a premium on the bench is a realistic option with the extra trades and plethora of cows. I should know, i'm running an extra M/F premium :D

EDIT: forgot to add that because of the bye it isn't a wasted premium but having the maximum amount of premiums each week

This. Just grabbed Swanny as my 23rd premium and Pav becomes pinch hitter across M/F. Has been the plan since before rnd 1. Nearly got stuffed up by injuries though.

I only have 3 games for the rest of the year where I don't have a prem mid or fwd out through byes and this doesn't include injuries or general soreness.

JM you disappoint me with your inability to hold a discussion (srs)

It's not inconceivable that ppl would be running a fallen premium say Sylvia, Chappy and ROK even dropped down to 400k who are all M/F with Smith, Mzungu, Callinan etc. This provides cover for all the byes across both lines. No one is saying hold the premier ruck on the bench....

EDIT: And the thing is it's not occasional, it's more than half the remaining rounds where most teams will have at least one premium on the pine due to a bye.

JM you disappoint me with your inability to hold a discussion (srs)

It's not inconceivable that ppl would be running a fallen premium say Sylvia, Chappy and ROK even dropped down to 400k who are all M/F with Smith, Mzungu, Callinan etc. This provides cover for all the byes across both lines. No one is saying hold the premier ruck on the bench....

I can hold a discussion. I just reckon this discussion is a load of shit that's all. :eek:

That's great if you want ROK or Sylvia as premium bench cover. I just see it as excess overload and would rather spend the money elsewhere making sure I have a proper "COMPLETE" team. :rolleyes:

In the last few years I have never had premiums as cover on my benches and everyone who is good at supercoach says that it's a waste having all that money sitting on your bench. .ie. If you had Goodes sitting on your bench as bench cover.
You've also never had 4 extra trades and an effective extra million in salary cap, plus the bye, the mere existence of which means that money is very rarely actually out of play. I have 19 premium byes to cover, plus injuries. Good luck though, it'll be interesting to see if you can ride your luck again.

99% of coaches on here would be still trying to complete their teams rather than be adding premiums on their bench as bench cover.
Those who traded tight can do both.

Each to their own but it surprises me that you're not capable of understanding that it's possible having a mid/forward premium rotating as cover is probably gonna be more beneficial points wise to your team then rotating rookies and upgrading a Heppell/Lower type. Again, each to their own.

I postd this late last week in the DT forum, but in my mind Sylvia not a good option at this stage.
Obviously disregard the injury during the Essendon game which precipitated the whole price drop to 'bargain'...
...but just 17, 18, 19 possessions since...104 (with 4 goals, unlikely again), 103 after Freo chucked it in at HT, and 83 last week.
Just think that his 'funk' has co-incided a little too well with Scully returning...

With Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton, West Coast ahead, not great for overall...and pretty sure he'll be a lot cheaper come finals for his last 3 games.
Sylvia might not be your cup of tea but I think there will be higher scoring forwards for the remainder of the year than Cloke. I hope I'm wrong of course! :thumbsu:

Each to their own but it surprises me that you're not capable of understanding that it's possible having a mid/forward premium rotating as cover is probably gonna be more beneficial points wise to your team then rotating rookies and upgrading a Heppell/Lower type. Again, each to their own.

I understand what you are saying mate. If you re-read what I wrote you will see that I used your premium M/F example as dud Didak.

I was trying to say that whats the difference in paying $285,000 for that spud when I can grab Mzungu, I.Smith and Callihan who do as good as him if not better (I.Smith) and are way cheaper.

It ain't rocket science with what I am trying to say. You just all chose to ignore the obvious. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back