Rounds 14-17 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 15 trades

I understand what you are saying mate. If you re-read what I wrote you will see that I used your premium M/F example as dud Didak.

I was trying to say that whats the difference in paying $285,000 for that spud when I can grab Mzungu, I.Smith and Callihan who do as good as him if not better (I.Smith) and are way cheaper.

It ain't rocket science with what I am trying to say. You just all chose to ignore the obvious. :thumbsu:
Didak isn't a good example of strong bench cover, getting someone cheap like Sylvia last week or Bartel/Montagna in a week or two is and they'll score a lot higher than someone like Callinan or Mzungu.

I said each to their own in one of my previous replies. They aren't my trades so if you want to put Bartel or Sylvia on your bench wasting away then good luck to ya. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I can't see hardly anyone having the luxury of grabbing Bartel or Sylvia in the coming weeks to just sit on the bench with the likes of Sandilands getting injured again and Heppell/Puopolo/Hibberd having to be upgraded to Fisher.

Just my 5c. :thumbsu:

I understand what you are saying mate. If you re-read what I wrote you will see that I used your premium M/F example as dud Didak.

I was trying to say that whats the difference in paying $285,000 for that spud when I can grab Mzungu, I.Smith and Callihan who do as good as him if not better (I.Smith) and are way cheaper.

It ain't rocket science with what I am trying to say. You just all chose to ignore the obvious. :thumbsu:

Didak is an outlier. There are plenty of other mid/fwd premiums that are actually performing, and as IDIG has said they are absolutely necessary to cover the byes.

You are the one who seems to be ignoring this obvious fact because you're too busy focusing on Didak.

Didak is an outlier. There are plenty of other mid/fwd premiums that are actually performing, and as IDIG has said they are absolutely necessary to cover the byes.

You are the one who seems to be ignoring this obvious fact because you're too busy focusing on Didak.

Nah man I am just using Didak as an example becuase every man and his dog jumped on him like he was the messiah or the second coming of Jesus. :eek:

I have adequate M/F premiums in my team to cover byes with -

( ) - Notes where I have them on the ground.

Goodes (M)
ROK (F)
Sylvia (F)
Pavlich (F)

And then I have all the good M/F rookies to cover the byes with too -

( ) - Notes where I have them on my bench.

Mzungu (M)
Callinan ((M)
I.Smith (F)

I just don't see the point in having Sylvia or ROK stuck on my bench for most of the season when I have rookies like I.Smith who have been getting hundreds anyways and are doing the same job as a fill in for the bye.

Re: Round 14 Trades

Where'd you hear Brogan had retired?

In fact, if the 22-year-old had not received a call-up to replace injured veteran Dean Brogan, who strained his hamstring at training, he would've lined up in the SANFL reserves on Saturday.

But such is the Power's lack of experienced ruckmen they were left with little choice but to recall Lobbe

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/117185/default.aspx

Apparently an injury to Brogan. Also, not the biggest vote of confidence in Lobbe.

I'm wondering whether to trade Sandi or not.

I've got Bailey as cover and if the docs are right Sandi should be back for supercoach finals. So do I trade him for McEvoy or keep him? 6 trades left (team complete)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd_Magic,

The point is that you won't have them stuck on your bench - let's say you got Chapman in for Mzungu (assuming you had the money and trades up your sleeve), and we use your team from earlier:

---
B - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Fisher, Newman, H.Shaw, Broughton

(Heppell, Pupolo, Jacobs)

C - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Dal Santo, Boyd, Goodes

(Mzungu(Chapman), Hibberd, Callihan)

R - Cox, Smith

(Lobbe, J.Tippet)

F - N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Petrie, J.Riewoldt

(I.Smith, Lynch, Richardson)

---

Round 15: West Coast bye

Cox to the bench, Petrie to rucks, Chapman to forward line.
You avoid playing Lobbe (lol) or Mzungu/Smith

Round 16: Adl/Fre/Mel bye
Chapman in for Goodes or a number of other missing players (avoid Mzungu/Hibberd)

Round 17: Hawks bye
Chapman plays for Franklin in your forward line (avoid playing Mzungu)

Round 18: Port bye
Bench Smith in the ruck, play Cox and Petrie, and play Chapman in your forward line, avoiding playing a single rookie

Round 19: Bris/Rich/Syd
Obviously helpful in this round

Round 20: Chap plays for Boyd

21: Plays for Petrie

22: Geelong bye

23: Plays for Judd

24: Avoid playing smith in your rucks again

---

As you can see, he is never once wasted on your bench, and you avoid playing several rookies along the way. In case you don't like Chapman, the same logic applies for any MPP forward/mid you don't have like Fyfe - all clearly better than Mzungu.

You can't honestly tell me that you'd prefer to play Mzungu, which seems to be your argument. The premium on the bench isn't wasted - because they are never there because of the byes.

Ready to concede yet?

Judd_Magic,

The point is that you won't have them stuck on your bench - let's say you got Chapman in for Mzungu (assuming you had the money and trades up your sleeve), and we use your team from earlier:

---
B - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Fisher, Newman, H.Shaw, Broughton

(Heppell, Pupolo, Jacobs)

C - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Dal Santo, Boyd, Goodes

(Mzungu(Chapman), Hibberd, Callihan)

R - Cox, Smith

(Lobbe, J.Tippet)

F - N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Petrie, J.Riewoldt

(I.Smith, Lynch, Richardson)

---

Round 15: West Coast bye

Cox to the bench, Petrie to rucks, Chapman to forward line.
You avoid playing Lobbe (lol) or Mzungu/Smith

Round 16: Adl/Fre/Mel bye
Chapman in for Goodes or a number of other missing players (avoid Mzungu/Hibberd)

Round 17: Hawks bye
Chapman plays for Franklin in your forward line (avoid playing Mzungu)

Round 18: Port bye
Bench Smith in the ruck, play Cox and Petrie, and play Chapman in your forward line, avoiding playing a single rookie

Round 19: Bris/Rich/Syd
Obviously helpful in this round

Round 20: Chap plays for Boyd

21: Plays for Petrie

22: Geelong bye

23: Plays for Judd

24: Avoid playing smith in your rucks again

---

As you can see, he is never once wasted on your bench, and you avoid playing several rookies along the way. In case you don't like Chapman, the same logic applies for any MPP forward/mid you don't have like Fyfe - all clearly better than Mzungu.

You can't honestly tell me that you'd prefer to play Mzungu, which seems to be your argument. The premium on the bench isn't wasted - because they are never there because of the byes.

Ready to concede yet?

ohsnap!

Re: Round 14 Trades

I'd laugh if someone jumped on Lobbe early because of the retirement news.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...nders-retirement/story-e6frf9io-1226083259781

Brogan is expected to make himself available for the rest of the season and perhaps will be given a home farewell game late in the year, possibly against Collingwood in Round 20.

Brogan last night underwent scans on the injured hamstring which kept him out of Sunday's home defeat to North Melbourne. He hopes to be available for next Sunday's clash with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba.

Ready to concede yet?

Don't bother with him, seriously :eek:

I get what you are saying Joxstrap.

But you fail to see what I am saying in that I.Smith who is getting 100's and is way cheaper than Chapman/Fyfe/Whoever elese you want to name and is doing a similar job. Even Mzungu got 94 the wekened before and that's way better than what Didak has managed to be doing.

And before you say why am I going on about Didak again for well I am due to everyone jumping onto him as a fallen cheap premium. I am glad I dodged that bullet though. Quite happy with Mzungu and especially I.Smith thanks. :thumbsu:

Chapman is prone to getting injured and getting spud scores such this season.

Fyfes arm could fall off at any second due to his dodgy shoulder.

And I still disagree that many teams would have true premiums just sitting on the bench as luxury cover. I don't count Jack Riewoldt as a true premium even though I have him in my side. :eek:

I guess then your argument comes down to:

I Smith > Chapman; or
Mzungu > Fyfe

I just don't agree.

If you had more trades up your sleeve you'd be able to improve the quality of your bench, which is a good thing with the byes. The higher quality your bench the better.

Next week at full strength my backline will be:

Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Newman, Fisher, Shaw (Suckling, Strauss, Toy)

and forward line

Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Sylvia, Harvey, Petrie, O'Keefe (N Riewoldt, I Smith, Richardson)

Almost never do I waste a premium on the bench (Suckling/Riewoldt) because I can cover midfield byes using MPP players or ruck byes using Petrie. If I ever have to choose, at least I have a choice based on matchups.

You also seem to be assuming Smith will continue to score in the hundreds based on, 4 or 5 games..?

Anyway. Good luck.

Yes we do, I have Broughton & J Riewoldt on the bench.

U jelly? :eek:

Since when was J.Riewoldt a true premium you flaming goose? :rolleyes:

I see that I.Smith has a 96 point average where as J.Riewoldt doesn't.

Case closed. Waste of $300,000 + sitting on your bench. :eek:

Yeah I'm of the same way of thinking.

My plans are to bring in Scotland (moving Broughton to D8), Harvey (M8) and ROK (F8) to cover the byes. I feel much happier having these guys filling in each week than Smith and Mzungu etc.

Will also cover nicely if any of my premiums have short term injuries.

If you have the trades, it is the way to go, there is no doubt about that. If you don't you are stuck with what you've got and all you're really left to do is justify that over and over as others fly past you in the rankings.

FWIW - I may not end up having all this cover but will have 2 definitely and the 3rd a luxury which may or may not happen.

This is after a couple of sideways trades in the last few weeks to rid myself of the Riewoldts in an effort to fine tune my side a little.

Oh yeah and then there's Didak - had the joker from the start - this week he becomes Boomer Harvey and much better cover. Will give me my sanity back also which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back