Rounds 14-17 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 15 trades

Mods (Axewell, etc)

Didn't think this thread would turn into civil war.

Feel free to create a new thread titled Judd Magic vs The trolls and transfer topics in relation to Didhack as a premium on your bench is better than I.Smith and Mzungu there. :eek::thumbsu:
How about you stick to the topic and save us the trouble?

I'm wishing I hadn't done N. Riewoldt to Sylvia last week and had just down Swallow -> Swan. Would've been square with the points lost/gained and have saved a trade (1 I really need now!).

Anyway, this week:
Puopolo -> Fisher
Sandilands -> Jamar (can't get Goldstein as will have a 0 in Round 21 as have Petrie for backup)

Next week:
Swallow -> Swan

Later:
Hope like f**k I have no LTI's as I will have 1 trade and $90K left!!! (And still will have Gilbee in the side :S)

im going to have to agree, id rather have mzungu and smith covering rather than didak, especially with both of them having the ability to get reasonable scores especially with smiths recent form, thats not to say that i wouldn't mind having a premium cover in my team

On that note,

Heppell > Fisher this week.

Leaving 6 trades left to cruise home for finals (buy-in league is primary objective now) and/or get another premium bench cover (Montagna in 3 weeks?) pending injuries.

Pretty sure I'll go Puopolo -> Suckling this week like I planned to last week.

then Iles -> Callinan and Lower -> Fisher.

Is that better than:

Iles -> Callinan
Puopolo -> Fisher

this week?

I won't get the price gain of Iles, and Suckling will just keep getting more expensive - which way round is best?

Well breakevens are

Suckling = 52
Puopolo = 61
Fisher = 103
Isles = 27

So if it was me I'd be going the Puopolo > Suckling trade this week. I guess it just depends what's more important for your team, points ASAP or a bit of extra cash.

Am trying to tell myself I am still a shot at the 50k, a long shot I know being 900+ points behind the mark, but I'm going to give it a shot :eek:

Thinking of grabing Cloke, who could be a real player of difference. Can see a 110 average in him if he kicks straight......

The point is that you won't have them stuck on your bench - let's say you got Chapman in for Mzungu (assuming you had the money and trades up your sleeve), and we use your team from earlier:

---
B - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Fisher, Newman, H.Shaw, Broughton

(Heppell, Pupolo, Jacobs)

C - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Dal Santo, Boyd, Goodes

(Mzungu(Chapman), Hibberd, Callihan)

R - Cox, Smith

(Lobbe, J.Tippet)

F - N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Petrie, J.Riewoldt

(I.Smith, Lynch, Richardson)

---

Round 15: West Coast bye

Cox to the bench, Petrie to rucks, Chapman to forward line.
You avoid playing Lobbe (lol) or Mzungu/Smith

Round 16: Adl/Fre/Mel bye
Chapman in for Goodes or a number of other missing players (avoid Mzungu/Hibberd)

Round 17: Hawks bye
Chapman plays for Franklin in your forward line (avoid playing Mzungu)

Round 18: Port bye
Bench Smith in the ruck, play Cox and Petrie, and play Chapman in your forward line, avoiding playing a single rookie

Round 19: Bris/Rich/Syd
Obviously helpful in this round

Round 20: Chap plays for Boyd

21: Plays for Petrie

22: Geelong bye

23: Plays for Judd

24: Avoid playing smith in your rucks again

---

As you can see, he is never once wasted on your bench, and you avoid playing several rookies along the way. In case you don't like Chapman, the same logic applies for any MPP forward/mid you don't have like Fyfe - all clearly better than Mzungu.

You can't honestly tell me that you'd prefer to play Mzungu, which seems to be your argument. The premium on the bench isn't wasted - because they are never there because of the byes.
This post is so full of win it needs to be requoted just for those who may have missed it and are considering the extra M/F premium :thumbsu:

So it looks like Bartel might drop down to around 360k. I've got him and was planning on trading him in the finals but given this massive drop I'm thinking I'm better off doing it now.

So my question is who do I get? I'm thinking either Griffin or Priddis (will have to cover him with mzungu or jacobs this week).

7 trades left.

Contemplating Sandi to Vardy then Heppell to Scotland which would then leave me with 5 trades and 220K for the remainder of the season.

With the above trades I would have Goldstein and Smith as Rucks with Vardy and Petrie as DPP cover. I also already have Gibbs in the backs.

2 things with all that.
Do I even need to trade out Sandi with Petrie already providing DPP cover?
And is 2 Carlton defenders too many especially with the round 23 bye?

So it looks like Bartel might drop down to around 360k. I've got him and was planning on trading him in the finals but given this massive drop I'm thinking I'm better off doing it now.

So my question is who do I get? I'm thinking either Griffin or Priddis (will have to cover him with mzungu or jacobs this week).

Why trade him out now instead of finals come his bye? The 4 will roll out of his salary calculations long before finals come around. Assuming he averages at least 100 (and that average is affected by that freak 4) he'll be at least 60k higher at $425k+ in Week 21, and could probably spike higher if he knocks out two or three games in a row. He's got two more games of decreases before he starts rising again - if he's out for more games it might be more of a concern, but you get to see how many games he misses before trading him, as his price won't move in those weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why trade him out now instead of finals come his bye? The 4 will roll out of his salary calculations long before finals come around. Assuming he averages at least 100 (and that average is affected by that freak 4) he'll be at least 60k higher at $425k+ in Week 21, and could probably spike higher if he knocks out two or three games in a row. He's got two more games of decreases before he starts rising again - if he's out for more games it might be more of a concern, but you get to see how many games he misses before trading him, as his price won't move in those weeks.

Yeah fair point, I guess the fact I haven't been all the happy with him, together with the tasty price of Priddis at the moment got my trade finger itching. I think you're right though, I'll wait it out for now.

11 trades left and 293.5k in the kitty after trading out sandy for vardy. Side is as follows, with 1 trade left if i want this round.

Backs; Deledio, Gibbs, Shaw, Otten
Martin, Rawlings, Hurley - Lower, Menzel, Hibbard.

Mids; Boyd, Swallow, Swallow
O'keefe, Cotchin, Swan - Harris, Mzungu, Wallis

Rucks; Leuenberger, Z.Smith - Vardy, Derrickx

Fwds; Goodes, Murphy, Petrie, Franklin
Riewoldt, Riewoldt, Krak, - T.Lynch, Smith, Prestia

Advice on what to do would be helpful, am lost on where too look.
Would Hurley be one immediate change ? frustrating....

11 trades left and 293.5k in the kitty after trading out sandy for vardy. Side is as follows, with 1 trade left if i want this round.

Backs; Deledio, Gibbs, Shaw, Otten
Martin, Rawlings, Hurley - Lower, Menzel, Hibbard.

Mids; Boyd, Swallow, Swallow
O'keefe, Cotchin, Swan - Harris, Mzungu, Wallis

Rucks; Leuenberger, Z.Smith - Vardy, Derrickx

Fwds; Goodes, Murphy, Petrie, Franklin
Riewoldt, Riewoldt, Krak, - T.Lynch, Smith, Prestia

Advice on what to do would be helpful, am lost on where too look.
Would Hurley be one immediate change ? frustrating....

Have u done sandilands to vardy already?? Wot was the logic if you have? Then we can look at the rest...

Your backs look like they could use some extra muscle so if you want to get rid of Hurley maybe go him to a Birchall or Fisher? Next week someone to callinan and bring in another premo mid.

reading about the 'swinging premo' has also got me thinking.

Team as is..

Goddard, Deledio, Grundy, Enright, Gibbs, Suckling, Lower (Puopolo, L Thompson, Batchelor)

Swan, Judd, s Thompson, Priddis, Ablett, Pendlebury (Bewick, Mzungu, Jacobs)

Cox, Smith (Vardy, J Tip)

Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, N Riewoldt,, Chapman, J Riewoldt, Petrie (Darling, Siposs, Richo)

in doing Darling > Callian and Mzungu > Sylvia leaves me short in the rd 16 bye area as it clashes with Thomo's bye. Which has got me thinking about Brennan. No more byes, solidish scoring.. silly idea?? 8 trades and 21k left.. not many options.. short of Fyfe, Higgins doesn't excite me.. hmm

Have u done sandilands to vardy already?? Wot was the logic if you have? Then we can look at the rest...
Logic...ha release some coin at the expense of sandi, couldnt afford like many others to stick w him again out. Probably need improving in other area's and willing to risk that by weakening my rucks to a degree.

Still looking at upgrading Heppell this week and Sandi > best option who's team doesn't have a bye during SC finals.

Rueing my Z.Smith > Bailey last week, especially given it was just to avoid a zero.

Now have to look at trading Sandi out for a Mumford/Jamar, both of which have their respective 'cons.'

Thought I'd learnt my lessons regarding unecessary ruck trades last year :(

Logic...ha release some coin at the expense of sandi, couldnt afford like many others to stick w him again out. Probably need improving in other area's and willing to risk that by weakening my rucks to a degree.

Logic - vardy or some other puppet getting 70 odd versus say a darling getting 70 odd is sideways completely, unless I'm missing something. Seems a burn of trades?? Given the suns and mckennas penchant to rotate players it seems very likely smith will miss more games, hence I worry bout having him as my number 2 on a reliant basis. Just my 5c worth.

Still looking at upgrading Heppell this week and Sandi > best option who's team doesn't have a bye during SC finals.

Rueing my Z.Smith > Bailey last week, especially given it was just to avoid a zero.

Now have to look at trading Sandi out for a Mumford/Jamar, both of which have their respective 'cons.'

Thought I'd learnt my lessons regarding unecessary ruck trades last year :(

Jamar and a defensive jet, no kreuz,goldy,ottens or any of those bomber duds due to your finals stipulation

reading about the 'swinging premo' has also got me thinking.

Same. But had already been thinking about this literally from start of season.

Mentioned it to a few mates over time and just seemed to get a 'roll of the eyes' and 'that's a stupid idea' expression on face from each of them. After reading more into this idea on here I really am convinced / sold on the idea that a floating MID/FWD MPP to fill holes during byes is an excellent one.

Thinking of going this week as very nice byes gap filler leading into finals.

Darling >> Chapman

Chappy in my case would fill he holes for -
Priddis this week, Round 16 Pav / Fyfe, Round 17 Franklin, Round 19 Goodes / O'Keefe, Round 20 Boyd, Round 21 Petrie and plus maybe some added protection come Rounds 23 & 24 which could be crucial in league finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back